Ok forum fans, we pick the team for Parkhead.

lancedeangers1

Guest Andypendek

Did no-one see Aberdeen totally pump them with decent delivery into the box? And, I would point out, it was a CB who scored 2 of their goals, so it's not vital to go with a man mountain up front. But seeing as we've gone this long without anything you could call a winger in the team, there's f-all chance of seeing one suddenly appear at the dump. Maybe Kirk will get forward, but that'll be about it.

You'll get the same as yesterday, and you'll not leave the table till you like it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come to think of it.......perhaps this is a job for Lafferty up top (tu)

For all his height, Lafferty isn't that good in the air.

Under statement of the year.

When Lafferty was given 15 minutes up top against the sheep at Ibrox, he won every ball in the air. The ball stuck with him every time it was played to his feet and generally he looked a far different prospect from trying to win 50 yard cross park balls out to the left.

Again, not that im advocating that i think he is a great player or anything, i just think we have to go after Celtics achilles heel and a blind man can see that is balls in the box, so get Flecky and Davis to ping them in and get people on the end of them, just like Diamond, Jones, Duff and McDonald have done in the last 7 days (tu)

Come to think of it.......perhaps this is a job for Lafferty up top (tu)

For all his height, Lafferty isn't that good in the air.

Under statement of the year.

When Lafferty was given 15 minutes up top against the sheep at Ibrox, he won every ball in the air. The ball stuck with him every time it was played to his feet and generally he looked a far different prospect from trying to win 50 yard cross park balls out to the left.

Again, not that im advocating that i think he is a great player or anything, i just think we have to go after Celtics achilles heel and a blind man can see that is balls in the box, so get Flecky and Davis to ping them in and get people on the end of them, just like Diamond, Jones, Duff and McDonald have done in the last 7 days (tu)

He definitely looks a much better player as a striker than he does as a 'winger'...wonder why that might be. Him and Novo seemed to combine pretty well against the sheep at Ibrox, they should get another chance to form a partnership. Couldn't be much worse than Miller and Boyd.

gk alexander (sell shagger in transfer window)

sw fergie (mind tugay against monaco)

rb broadfoot

lb papac

cb bougherra

cb weir

lcm naismith (bring fleck on 2nd half)

rcm davis

cm mendes

fc boyd

fc novo

midfield 3 can be both wide or narrow, novo will run them ragged all day, boyd may get a chance (rebound etc)

set pieces MUST be quality as they will crumble under good balls into the box

NO FUCKING HIGH BALLS FROM THE BACK LINE

3 man midfield can open up tims defense for novo to run on to

WE CAN FUCKING WIN THIS

rb broadfoot

lb papac

cb bougherra

cb weir

rcm davis

cm mendes

fc boyd

fc novo

midfield 3 can be both wide or narrow, novo will run them ragged all day, boyd may get a chance (rebound etc)

WE CAN FUCKING WIN THIS

The Tugay sweeper role was a masterclass in tactics, but dont expect any wonders from Walter mitty.

rb broadfoot

lb papac

cb bougherra

cb weir

rcm davis

cm mendes

fc boyd

fc novo

WE CAN FUCKING WIN THIS

The Tugay sweeper role was a masterclass in tactics, but dont expect any wonders from Walter mitty.

sure was

knowing walter if he DID opt for sweeper role he'd play someone well out of position like novo

If we were to ever play a sweeper then surely it should be Hemdani occupying the role?

Or Edu.

Assumming we are still in a challenging position come the septic game dont expect walter to go in with all guns blazing. this is the guy who played for a draw in the Uefa cup final.

It will be the usual script. Play not to lose and then hope that novo can come on for the last 5 - 10 minutes to do a job.

Reading the posts you can feel the fear factor when it comes to smiths team selections.

and hes done nothing to suggest that hes going to change his spots in the comming weeks.

Put the following names into a hat and choose one.

McCulloch, Adam and Lafferty.

and if were really unlucky you can pick two.

Theres one thing you can honestly say about these players. They are not match winners. They have all had umpteen chances in the side and they have fallen short of the mark every time.

Trying telling Smith that though.

===============McGregor===============

===========Weir=======Bougherra========

Broadfoot==========================Papac

===========Mendes========Ferguson=======

Davis==============================Fleck

============Boyd====Naismith==========

(tu) I would be more than happy with this...Miller dropped & play Naismith & Boyd up front. I hope he plays Fleck as well

(tu) I would be more than happy with this...Miller dropped & play Naismith & Boyd up front. I hope he plays Fleck as well

You would be happy with Smith throwing Naismith, who is only weeks into a comeback from a career threatening injury, into an Old Firm game?

He rushed Ferguson back and has recieved pelters for doing it ever since.

So why do so many peopel want him to do the same with Naismith?

I really feel like we are missing a wee bit of steel in the midfield. Have not seen enough of Edu to say i would play him yet.

always remember the old firm game where Thommo hit one of the Celtic midfielders hard and early (think it was robson or hartley) that set the tone for the entire game!

also agree about needing a big strong forward, look at the problems Cousin caused them in the 4-2 game.

McGregor

Whittaker....Weir....Bougherra.....Papac

Mendes

Novo..........................................Fleck

Davis

Boyd.......Naismith

Quite powderpuff defensively but that's the kind of team I'd like to see over the coming weeks - give or take a player...

When we keep the ball on the ground and attack at a high tempo we are pretty good.

I simply cannot understand why Walter/the players revert to pointless, lethargic long balls for 80 minutes in every single away game we play. It's bizarre and I'd love to hear them justify why they do it.

McGregor

Whittaker....Weir....Bougherra.....Papac

Mendes

Novo..........................................Fleck

Davis

Boyd.......Naismith

Quite powderpuff defensively but that's the kind of team I'd like to see over the coming weeks - give or take a player...

Possibly but I would rather attack teams and have them on the back foot than allow them to attack us, in which case we would need more defensive minded players. We played Aberdeen with a host of defensive players and lost 2pts because we couldn't score, had we taken the game to them from the start IMO we could have won the game by 2 or 3 goals.

Ok boys i have read through most of the post Aberdeen match comments on here and i think i agree with the majority who are undoubtedly frustrated and pissed off with Walter Smiths team selections, formations and tactics, and his general gutless approach to matches.

There is a definite psychology involved in football, no greater is it evident than in the home or away scenario were the same 22 players could be playing and yet their approach is determined by where they are playing. Bearing this in mind highlights the fact that we handed Aberdeen several psychological advantages by altering not only our formation and personnel but also our tactics and mindset.

Would anyone agree the gap between Man united and Everton for example would be similar to the gap between us and Aberdeen?, but yet Man utd would approach the game playing to their strengths regardless of home or away, no? why are we different?

Forget for a moment the Dundee utd game and think of the old firm game, how would we as supporters approach the game in terms of team selection, basic tactics and formation ? Does it matter if we are behind them ? Would you approach it any different now after Aberdeen ? How much emphasis would you put on what celtic are gonna do?

It will be interesting to see the diversity in the contributions. I'll add my own at some point also.

As long as fergusons not in it im not to bad

Ok boys i have read through most of the post Aberdeen match comments on here and i think i agree with the majority who are undoubtedly frustrated and pissed off with Walter Smiths team selections, formations and tactics, and his general gutless approach to matches.

There is a definite psychology involved in football, no greater is it evident than in the home or away scenario were the same 22 players could be playing and yet their approach is determined by where they are playing. Bearing this in mind highlights the fact that we handed Aberdeen several psychological advantages by altering not only our formation and personnel but also our tactics and mindset.

Would anyone agree the gap between Man united and Everton for example would be similar to the gap between us and Aberdeen?, but yet Man utd would approach the game playing to their strengths regardless of home or away, no? why are we different?

Forget for a moment the Dundee utd game and think of the old firm game, how would we as supporters approach the game in terms of team selection, basic tactics and formation ? Does it matter if we are behind them ? Would you approach it any different now after Aberdeen ? How much emphasis would you put on what celtic are gonna do?

It will be interesting to see the diversity in the contributions. I'll add my own at some point also.

Rejoice at the change in management