THE OLD FIRM

diesel0412

a monaco masterstroke needed here

have fergie as a sweeper

GK shagger

SW Fergie

RB broadfoot

CB boughie

CB weir (would have loved someone quicker but there you go)

LB papac

LCM Fleck (can think of anyone else strong enough, but reservations playing him in an important old firm game)

CM Mendes

RCM Davis

FC Naismith (if fit, if not boyd)

FC Miller (god help us we could have done with novo, need some speed up front)

or a mcleish masterstroke and play beasley through the middle with either boyd or lafferty, beasleys pace would humo ANY of celtics back 4

Firstly, Walter will not drop Ferguson.

Secondly I think Walter will play McCulloch as sweeper a la Aberdeen.

Who will then be up front? My guess Lafferty.

I really hope we play another formation - our regular team with Lafferty and either Naismith or Boyd up front.

Please do NOT play an off form Miller. Please do not play McCulloch either.

I think he will play 4-5-1

shagger

broadfoot________ magic___weir___________papa

davis_________fergie___pedro___fleck_______lafferty

miller

we need someone to help cover mickgeady davis is the only one you can trust

left midfield may be debateable but smith will go for tried and trusted

miller will defo play up front

I think he will play 4-5-1

shagger

broadfoot________ magic___weir___________papa

davis_________fergie___pedro___fleck_______lafferty

miller

we need someone to help cover mickgeady davis is the only one you can trust

left midfield may be debateable but smith will go for tried and trusted

miller will defo play up front

Could see him playing it like that with big lee replacing Lafferty, with Fleck on the left and McCulloch in the centre

lol notice how everyone says ferguson shud be dropped and yet almost every person has put him their team lol <cr>

Probably because Edu and Aaron are not ready for an Old Firm match, McCulloch and Dailly are shit, Hemdani won't get a game, Miller is pish and Boyd should be nowhere near the team - therefore, we are stuck with him in the team as there is nobody else to juggle it about with and I'd go with the 4-5-1/4-3-3 - we'll that's my opinion.

i would go 4-5-1/4-3-3 but walter aint clever enuf with his selecting his team always 2 worried about what the opposition will do instead of just goin for it ourselves. One thing he always does is spring a surprise in this game e.g adam at ibrox, cousin at monkey house so id go with;

gk mcgregor

rb broadfoot

lb papac

cb weir

cb bogherra

holding centre hemdani

cm fergie

cm mendes

rm naismith

lm fleck

cf lafferty

why is everyone going for lafferty? whats he done thats so great?

Who else we going to go for ?

He came on at the weekend and scored. He also generally played well.

Everyones quick to jump the gun though, he's not played well the times ive seen him this season but if he gets a good 20 minutes on the pitch everyone decideds to throw him in the deep end

I'd go for a 4-4-2 with boyd and miller up front, fleck ferguson mendes and davis in midfield, naismith and lafferty as first choice subs. Novo over naismith if he's fit

Everyones quick to jump the gun though, he's not played well the times ive seen him this season but if he gets a good 20 minutes on the pitch everyone decideds to throw him in the deep end

I'd go for a 4-4-2 with boyd and miller up front, fleck ferguson mendes and davis in midfield, naismith and lafferty as first choice subs. Novo over naismith if he's fit

Miller shouldn't be anywhere near the team :anguish:

I rate him in the big games, think he'd be a better choice than naismithg or lafferty due to his experience. Throwing these guys in the deep end just because theyve shown a bit of promise in smaller games would be daft. Although miller isnt exactly the ideal choice.

Boyd is a must for me, although he missed a couple of chances at ibrox he is still a great goalscorer. He's no use in a 4-5-1 though so miller will probably be up front on his jack jones

I rate him in the big games, think he'd be a better choice than naismithg or lafferty due to his experience. Throwing these guys in the deep end just because theyve shown a bit of promise in smaller games would be daft. Although miller isnt exactly the ideal choice.

Boyd is a must for me, although he missed a couple of chances at ibrox he is still a great goalscorer. He's no use in a 4-5-1 though so miller will probably be up front on his jack jones

Lafferty's scored the last two times against Dundee United who always give us a good game , Miller is having the worst form of his life.

I personally wouldn't stick with Miller just because of his previous experience at the end of the day it comes down to recent form.

I'd go with...

-----------------McGregor------------------

--Broadfoot-Weir-Bougherra-Papac----

------Davis--Ferguson--Mendes---------

----Naismith----Lafferty-----Fleck-------

Walter will go with

----------------McGregor-----------------

-Broadfoot--Weir-Bougherra-Papac---

-Davis---Mendes-Ferguson-McCulloch-

-------------Boyd--Miller-----------------

Ferguson failed to show up in the last Old Firm and he's due us a performance. As for Miller, he should be nowhere near the starting 11 - he's been woeful for 16 games on the trot and Wally Smith would be off his head to play Boyd at the piggery!

I'd imagine Strachan and his defenders will be hoping Boyd starts - I just hope Wally Smith doesn't decide to play Boyd after the fans reaction at Pittodrie. He usually doesn't listen to the fans so hopefully he doesn't over this.

Ferguson failed to show up in the last Old Firm and he's due us a performance. As for Miller, he should be nowhere near the starting 11 - he's been woeful for 16 games on the trot and Wally Smith would be off his head to play Boyd at the piggery!

I'd imagine Strachan and his defenders will be hoping Boyd starts - I just hope Wally Smith doesn't decide to play Boyd after the fans reaction at Pittodrie. He usually doesn't listen to the fans so hopefully he doesn't over this.

I agree with that (tu) , He's had Broon on a leash aswell in previous O.F's.