Today may have been a good result or it may have been a missed opportunity

Tontospal

Time will tell whether the draw today was a good result or whether it was a missed opportunity.

Presuming that we match their points againts the other team until the end of the season, If we beat them at Ibrox it will be a fair result but a draw or loss at home and today will prove disastrous.

Walter played for draws at Aberdeen and today and he got them. He certainly set out in both games not to lose rather than to win and I look forward to the day when we have a manager that actually plays to win in an adventurous fashion.

We are Rangers after all and it is what we should expect and deserve.

Make no mistake they were there for the taking today.

One thing that is a complete mystery to me is why we don't start playing from the kick off but instead take an ultra cautious approach until the start of the second half when we open up a bit and then in the last quarter/half of the game we seem to throw caution to the wind and go for games.

I just don't get it and if we showed more belief from the start I think we would have won more games this season, especially today and at Aberdeen.

Observations on the game:

Ferguson is finished. He struggled with the pace of the game today and was ineffective unless the ball was played to his feet.

Broadfoot's composure in the first half was atrociuos although he improved in the second.

Brown should have been sent off not taken off.

Good to see McCulloch's challenge on Hartley - about time.

Murray was out of his depth. Too many bookings for nothing. Ferguson booked when we should have got a goal kick was a disgrace as was the free kick after the jap dived. 2 mistakes by the ref that led to Mendes and Ferguson being booked - I know they can't but they should be rescinded.

Lafferty worked hard but it was never going to work with him as a lone striker. Another baffling Smith decision.

Fleck did ok but was disadvantaged by the fact that he had no targets up front and had to turn inside or back almost every time he got the ball.

I fail to understand how any Rangers fan, nevermind captain, can marry in to a family of celtc supporters. Half time when they kept us waiting and thousands of the b*stards were singing 'Let the People Sing' just emphasised to me that I could never do it. How Ferguson can buy his father in law a season ticket for that place really is beyond me.

Guest Andypendek

His personal life is none of your business, there's no point posting on it.

7 from 10 a title doth make, so if we can take them at Ibrox, and of course get some consistency against the pishy teams, we're there.

7 from 10 a title doth make, so if we can take them at Ibrox, and of course get some consistency against the pishy teams, we're there.

We've started to regain our consistency lately and they are losing theirs

We were the better team no doubt about it. They were there for the taking but who knows what would have happened if we had came out all guns blazing.

I believe we can do it at Ibrox and they will slip up.

As for your last point I don't understand it either. Would be against my principles to do such a thing.

If I had anything to do with it a Rangers captain would despise celtc as much as I do not toady up to his father in law by buying him a season ticket for that cesspit.

Then again I would also have deposed him of the captaincy for his close friendship with Lennon, who thinks you and I and the rest of our support are Dirty Orange Bastards - as he was caught mouthing at Ibrox.

As I said, I just don't get it. I would be surprised if the majority of our support were not disgusted when they were singing 'Let the people sing' when Rangers were waiting for them to come on to the pitch.

4-5-1 @ pittodrie, 4-5-1 @ celtic park. 4 points lost imo. when did we start playing with fear ? we can't beat them by playing 4-4-2 ? of course we can !!

It doesn't matter whether it is 4-5-1, 4-4-2 or whatever. Take away the 2 keepers and it is basically 10 v 10 in the area from one penalty box to the other.

It's all about what players do on and off the ball. When we're in possession and when we're not.

The simple matter is that our players do play with fear and I can only think that stems from a manager who would rather not lose than win and if we do win it's by conceeding a goal less than the opposition.

Without Boyd we are struggling to score goals and that is a big worry.

Boyd's record in big games is not the best and the manager has shown he as no confidence in him in big games despite Boyd winning the 2 cups for him last season.