The MMA News Thread

Tam3r0wn

Will catch up with this tomorrow night,fuck staying up that late when I've got the wee man overnight.

Stann/Bisping should be a great fight and I love watching Jones fight so I'm buzzing for it.

Especially when he just slaughters people, which will probably happen tonight.

Looking forward to Stann vs Bisping and hopefully Bisping finishing off Stann. I find Stann incredibly dull and I'd like to see him getting finished.

Not got huge expectations about the main event. I'd be surprised if it went past the first as Belfort needs to charge in to make up the distance and I can see Bones picking him apart. Would love to see Belfort win but I honestly don't see how he'll do it unless he catches Jones pretty quickly.

Loved it when he just dropped Machida to the floor after guillotining him unconscious. Just brutal.

I think he's a bit of a dick, but what a fighter.

I've read a few folk saying that(he's a dick) I've not came across anything to make me dislike him yet so must have missed something :lol:

I've read a few folk saying that(he's a dick) I've not came across anything to make me dislike him yet so must have missed something :lol:

He's just quite cocky, although I can't blame him. And he was pretending he was so humble and saint-like, and then he goes and gets a DUI. He's not a bad guy but he tried so hard to be something he's not.

Turning down the Sonnen fight also got him a lot of backlash.

He's just quite cocky, although I can't blame him. And he was pretending he was so humble and saint-like, and then he goes and gets a DUI. He's not a bad guy but he tried so hard to be something he's not.

Turning down the Sonnen fight also got him a lot of backlash.

Didn't know about that,yea I like cocky folk as long as they can back it up and he obviously can.

Would have been a very very interesting fight,Sonnen's a bullying bastard in the octagon and a huge test for Jones.

I think Jones is a really insecure dude, despite the front he puts up. Remember Rampage making a fool of his "Horatio Caine 1000 yard stare"? That shit was funny, Jones acted like Rampage had just shat in his teapot. His face was a picture.

Im not a Jones hater, but I do think there is something odd about him. What a talent though. He breaks Vitor within two rounds, toys with him and finishes him in the 3rd. Will be cheering the Phenom on, but is very unlikely he has anything that Bones hasnt already seen.

Benavidez, Bisping, Hammil and Swanson take their fights IMO.

He needs someone similar change weight fight Anderson silva that would be a fight, I mean bonner is never going to beat silva either. Bisping was amazing again I see him first uk champ, have met him what a gent :drool:

On ufc on fox show, Dan Hardy was amazing some great take downs and great fight, want to see him in the big fights again

Hardy looked good in the 2nd and 3rd. Shame the Che Mills fight was ended prematurely.

Pickett was immense. Some chin!

Pickett has been a favourite of mine for a while. Gave Mighty Mouse a loss and had a great fight with Scott Jorgensen in the WEC. I would say he is as well rounded as anyone in the division.

I thought Struve looked good. Give him Werdum next. If the guy could use his range as well as the likes of Bones Jones he could be damn near unbeatable. He looks to be trying to fight a little smarter nowadays, less flying shit.

• 2 weeks later...

Predictable annihilation by The Spider. He could've ended it within seconds if he fancied but obviously wanted to make it last a bit for the home crowd.

Biggest surprise was how easily Maia out-grappled Story on the feet. From what I've seen, he's usually terrible at getting guys like that down to the ground - certainly in MMA fights.

Predictable annihilation by The Spider. He could've ended it within seconds if he fancied but obviously wanted to make it last a bit for the home crowd.

Biggest surprise was how easily Maia out-grappled Story on the feet. From what I've seen, he's usually terrible at getting guys like that down to the ground - certainly in MMA fights.

Maia dropping weight has made a huge difference to his BJJ abilities. Middleweights were too much for him to handle in the end.

The Sonnen Jones Ultimate Fighter series is going to be excellent. Sonnen will verbally destroy him in the house, then Bones will physically destroy him in the Octagon! :-D

Predictable and boring result to silva vs bonnar, until they fight similar styles, say we finally get the Jones vs Silva fight, that would be something, so was dissapointing main event, but there was some great fights before it. Loved the Jon Fitch fight, and Big Nog, wow, amazing submission.

• 4 months later...