Ally needs to learn

im sorry have you been happy with the way we have played

It's our 1st competitive match with no pre-season. 1st time these players will have played together as a team. Pressure on as it's the 1st game after all our troubles. We are playing a team who are playing like its their cup final. 11 men behind the ball.

Don't you think you are being unrealistic and perhaps a bit too early to be judgemental?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like people know this our Pre-Season, but just to ignore what it means.

Unfortunately I am not one bit surprised, that even after everything that has happened, some of our support can't wait to jump down Ally's throat instead of getting behind the team.

Who needs enemies eh!?

I'm happy enough just knowing our club is still alive and playing football. :21:

No pre-season games, half the players have had little training, some are just back from injury, still short of numbers. Give it a bit of time to come together.

Unfortunately I am not one bit surprised, that even after everything that has happened, some of our support can't wait to jump down Ally's throat instead of getting behind the team.

Who needs enemies eh!?

Sad as fuck!

So many folk talking it up in close Season, but can't hack it when it comes to it.

I've really enjoyed today and there have been some positives for sure.

One being that it went to 120 minutes! It can only help our players fitness..Hope they enjoy their ice baths :crabflute:

before anyone starts i fully expect to get pelters for this and im not trying to be negative but we could see ( or i could anyway ) that before the whole mess we got into that last season ally wasnt doing great as manager , it was his first season and fair enough he needed time to learn and be his own man but then we got into the whole mess and this was forgotten about and rightly so

but from then to todays game nothing seems to have changed .

we started off whith a certain style of play and throughout the 90 minutes it hasnt worked yet there has been no change

we dont have many options on the bench but we do have a couple and some of the players were getting knackered around 70 minutes and no subs were made

and there has been no real urgency at all

whether its the first game or not this hasnt been good enough

i love ally for what he has done for us and fully expect himto guide us back to the SPL but he really needs to improve in quite a few areas IMO

The reason we aren't hammering them in this match is lack of preparation. That isn't Ally's fault though, he only had one day to prepare, whereas everyone else has had the whole summer break.

Very reminiscent of pre-season friendlies or early-round League Cup ties of previous years. Yes, we've looked sloppy at times, but most of our opponents are playing the biggest match of their careers. Getting a couple of hours of competitive football, particularly for the likes of Black, will do us no harm at all. Tactically, we may look a bit inflexible, but our play will improve as we get sharper and some of the kids grow in confidence. Also, the width of the pitch at Ibrox will be a big advantage this season - there's barely 10 yards between the touchline and the box at Glebe Park.

It's our 1st competitive match with no pre-season. 1st time these players will have played together as a team. Pressure on as it's the 1st game after all our troubles. We are playing a team who are playing like its their cup final. 11 men behind the ball.

Don't you think you are being unrealistic and perhaps a bit too early to be judgemental?

like i said in the op i fully expect things to pick up and ally to lead us back to the spl but his flaws from last year are still there IMO

you mention brechin having 11 men behind the ball , well the way we have played hasnt worked well against that so i would have expected ally to change the style of play a bit to try and break it down but that never happened

Has Ally even had a chance to take a training session with all the meetings he has been having to secure our licence? I think it is a bit harsh to comment so early when the team is desperately short of fitness and all our pre-season games got cancelled!

before anyone starts i fully expect to get pelters for this and im not trying to be negative but we could see ( or i could anyway ) that before the whole mess we got into that last season ally wasnt doing great as manager , it was his first season and fair enough he needed time to learn and be his own man but then we got into the whole mess and this was forgotten about and rightly so

but from then to todays game nothing seems to have changed .

we started off whith a certain style of play and throughout the 90 minutes it hasnt worked yet there has been no change

we dont have many options on the bench but we do have a couple and some of the players were getting knackered around 70 minutes and no subs were made

and there has been no real urgency at all

whether its the first game or not this hasnt been good enough

i love ally for what he has done for us and fully expect himto guide us back to the SPL but he really needs to improve in quite a few areas IMO

2-1 win you wanker.

GIRFUY

Have a shit evening

Sad as fuck!

So many folk talking it up in close Season, but can't hack it when it comes to it.

I've really enjoyed today and there have been some positives for sure.

One being that it went to 120 minutes! It can only help our players fitness..Hope they enjoy their ice baths :crabflute:

Absolutely brilliant result under the circumstances! So happy we were able to send a team out and to have Big Lee score the winner tops it off. Cracking result!

All the haters can get it right up them, we are back! And well done to all the fans making the noise at Glebe park crabflute.gif

im sorry have you been happy with the way we have played

I am pretty happy with winning our first game of the season, and without playing a pre-season.

The players showed a clear lack of match sharpness, that can be forgiven, because of the clear lack of pre-season macthes.

Absolutely brilliant result under the circumstances! So happy we were able to send a team out and to have Big Lee score the winner tops it off. Cracking result!

All the haters can get it right up them, we are back! And well done to all the fans making the noise at Glebe park crabflute.gif

Amen to that!

like i said in the op i fully expect things to pick up and ally to lead us back to the spl but his flaws from last year are still there IMO

you mention brechin having 11 men behind the ball , well the way we have played hasnt worked well against that so i would have expected ally to change the style of play a bit to try and break it down but that never happened

And do what mate? Put on who? Have you looked at the bench? No disrespect mate but what would you do with what is at his disposal?

This thread is a joke, we lost half the squad and couldn't play any friendly matches to build up fitness.

A few of those playing today will leave, and quite a few new players will arrive so until that happens there's no way of getting your best eleven for the season on the pitch.