Horse racing system

JamieG54

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon iv got one.

Trialled it for 3 months on paper and would have got 60 points profit.

Gonna start doing it for real soon. Will let you know.

Most of the pros tell you to only bet in group ones. Avoid handicapped and maidens. You'd need to trial it over a year not a few months.

I like the Uncle Ernie system:

http://www.uncle-ernie.net/

£30 a season for the e-book. It's trainer and jockey based, and he has a list of horses to watch for each flat and jumps season. It's decent fun too, you can sit with the system and rate horses... obviously you can't back everything and would be daft to, but it's thrown up some good winners for me over the years.

If you can't be arsed with working it out yourself you can get them to email you the daily selections instead. Would recommend paying £8 for 4 weeks of weekend selections as a decent trial, or get the free 1 day trial for a Friday or Saturday. The emails cover the flat and the jumps by the way.

Another one I look out for is LTO winners in Handicap Hurdles carrying 10-6 or less over a similar distance. Last ones this threw up were Mrs Eff in the 4.00 at Wetherby and Look for Love in the 5.00 at Chepstow last Thursday. Mrs Eff won at 11/2 but the other one was third at 10/1... so with two singles and a double on I was still up.

Edit, this worked really well at the end of February with the heavy ground then.

Any bracket for number of days last time out?

No, it doesn't seem to be a factor.

Need to add that you have to ignore any that aren't in the handicap proper, and that if the jockey is claiming that can sometimes take it below 10-6 as well.

This just worked again in the 3.10 at Cheltenham btw, Big Time Billy at 9/2.

Need to add that you have to ignore any that aren't in the handicap proper, and that if the jockey is claiming that can sometimes take it below the 10-6 as well.

Need to add that you have to ignore any that aren't in the handicap proper, and that if the jockey is claiming that can sometimes take it below 10-6 as well.

Yip and the other one tHat it could apply to was 4th(still placed) at 16s (tu)

I'm going to maybe start a wee notebook on this soon. Although the jumps are winding down.

Sorry to quote again :lol:

There was also a horse who won last time out but hadn't run in over 300 days. I don't back horses that haven't run in that long anyway. But 2 out of the 3 this applies to in the race were 1st and 4th respectively