Warburton: Patience

AlBear.

We have till August 31st to sign players plenty of time no panic needed.

We have already bettered the standard of previous year squad by the 3 new signings so far.

What about the games up till then. ?

The board seem more focused on setting up fans groups than they are on setting up a scouting network.

They have to keep the more vocal/media fans onside so they dont start questioning the board.

I'm saying our support has never showed patience that's just one example.

Patience, football is about winning, floundering about with youth will be a mistake and then making panic buys in January. We as a club need promotion this year and don't forget European football is a possibility next year if we buy/bring in the right players. If he is as good as his record in English lower leagues and everybody is saying he is, he should know what's needed to hit the ground running and have the squad up to speed for the start of the season. I expect the delay is waiting to find out what teams are doing with their squads before we loan/buy decent player he wants.

there might be 7 weeks left of the tranfer window, but there are a lot less than that before we start playing real football again mate.

I totally get your point, but IMO I just don't feel there has been enough movement yet.

This is Rangers, we don't do patience very well here. FWIW I am not worried yet, just losing a little of the patience I have :P

That's the point mate. Perhaps we need to address that. That doesn't mean accepting second best, it means being first with a new strategy. Plenty talked about wanting us to be a "21st century club", not that I'm 100% sure what they meant, well that requires change and change requires patience.

MW said this today,

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/9588-gaffer-impressed-with-new-boys

Wes has come in to give real competition to Cammy [bell], so were really strong in the goalkeeping department now. Cammy is a couple of weeks away from coming back so we look forward to welcoming him.

Danny Wilson and Rob Kiernan are a strong centre-half paring, and we also have Darren [McGregor] and Marius [Zaliukas], so were strong in defence, and we also have the likes of Lee Wallace etc.

"So we have good people, but no were looking to build the squad and bring in the right names in the right places.

Its all about getting the right people though. Its not about panic buying and ending up getting the wrong people just to fill jerseys.

We want people who can add value on and off the pitch here at Rangers, and thats vitally important for us.

Something we can all agree with, surely. I'm happy to give him the time to make that vision successful.

I am not disagreeing with most of this. I believe in the manager's vision too and it seems we are both happy with the path we are on.

It's more how far along it we believe we should be.

It seems you are more relaxed until the end of the transfer window, I am very firmly in the camp believing season kick off time is critical for being ready.

I guess I want some of the medium / longer type player solutions brought in sooner (now) as I do believe Hivees will be a very dangerous competition next season. Do we need the pressure of a slow start and playing catch up?

For me the bigger picture has to include winning the league. The short term readiness and performances, not short term fixes as such, will play a huge part in this.

Fair enough.

It's not that I'm relaxed, I don't doubt MW will have us Ready for the hivs game.

I'm happy to trust his judgement on what the squad needs, what he wants, and how he wants to go about it.

This is a vital season for us, that can't be overstated. We must get promoted, we should be champions. But, doubting the new managers decisions before he hass even made them is useless IMO.

Not you, but the argument comes across as an easy way for some to attack the board. My argument is, if Warburton is happy with preparations, the squad and the resources available who are we to criticise that before we've even seen his team in action?

He will get plenty of time as long as we appear to be going in the right direction. If we start getting humped by all and sundry (PLG style), then he won't last long.

I reckon he'll do OK if he wins the championship by at least 30 points this season coming and the premiership the following season, by at least 20 points, as part of a treble.

Year 3 ought to see us win the Champions League, but I'll settle for making the final as long as we win it in year 4.

Should be do-able.

He will get plenty of time as long as we appear to be going in the right direction. If we start getting humped by all and sundry (PLG style), then he won't last long.

I reckon he'll do OK if he wins the championship by at least 30 points this season coming and the premiership the following season, by at least 20 points, as part of a treble.

Year 3 ought to see us win the Champions League, but I'll settle for making the final as long as we win it in year 4.

Should be do-able.

I demand we win it.

Should be do-able.

This will only happen if we secure Eustace.

I think asking the fans to be patient is entirely reasonable given the situation we find ourselves in. We need to rebuild the club and it's infrastructure and our financial situation means we'll have to do it gradually.

Aslong as the fans can see a positive tendency, see a modern football operation growing, playing entertaining football and getting promoted at the first time of asking then I don't see a real problem. Bad results will happen, especially at the beginning and it wouldn't be reasonable to start getting on the case of MW for that.

The Hibs Petrofac game is the first banana skin in the making and given circumstances, it wouldn't be a surprise if we take a hit but tbh I'd rather we concentrate on the League.

Im pretty sure MW and DW know exactly what the demands are both from the fans and the board.This would have been pointed out to them both from the beginning by the board and im sure they will give 100% in achieving this.One thing im also sure about is that neither MW or DW will be speaking about possibly getting promotion via the playoffs in October unlike some of the previous management at the club.

So spin city would be happy to take a defeat by Hibs. I thought Rangers should expect to win every competition they enter. I know we wont but to be prepared for defeat is not the Rangers way.

No Rangers supporters would want/welcome a defeat by any club.

So spin city would be happy to take a defeat by Hibs. I thought Rangers should expect to win every competition they enter. I know we wont but to be prepared for defeat is not the Rangers way.

Where did you see the word "happy"?

I see promotion as the main priority and don't attach much importance to the Petrofac Cup.

If we get through then fine, it'd be an excellent marker to put down against a direct rival.

But it's a very difficult match for a brand new team hopefully playing a different brand of football.

Prioritising the League and not giving a fcuk about the Petrofac last season didn't do Hearts any harm.

Where did you see the word "happy"?

I see promotion as the main priority and don't attach much importance to the Petrofac Cup.

If we get through then fine, it'd be an excellent marker to put down against a direct rival.

But it's a very difficult match for a brand new team hopefully playing a different brand of football.

Prioritising the League and not giving a fcuk about the Petrofac last season didn't do Hearts any harm.

Great you're Ambition as a Ranger supporter is to match the mighty Hearts. I still expect us to win every competition we enter and certainly at this shite level.

Great you're Ambition as a Ranger supporter is to match the mighty Hearts.

The re-build will be in stages and realistic ambition is relative.

I'd be quite happy for our 2015/16 to match the Hearts of last season (if we do anything in the Cups, it'll be a bonus).

Expectations and ambition would then increase going into the following season.

#RealWorld