Average Age Of The Squad!

With today's two signings, our squads average age is now: 25.

I can't remember a time in our recent history when our average age was so low. Obviously the squad is untested yet, and we don't really know what it is capable of, but I think that stat alone....considering how much first team experience these players have, is really refreshing. Perhaps we will also sign a couple of more players...so this may also come down a fraction again!

Bell: 28

Foderingham: 24

Zliukas: 31

Wilson: 23

Kiernan: 24

McGregor: 29

Tavernier: 23

Wallace: 27

Halliday: 23

Law: 27

Crawford: 22

Murdoch: 20

Templeton: 26

Aird: 20

Shiels: 30

Miller: 36

Clark: 24

McKay: 20

Waghorn: 25

More importantly, IMO, all the new signings sound like they have old heads. What we lacked most last season was mental fortitude. It looks like we have addressed this. It's a young team, but it's not a raw team. There's lots of experience in there despite the average age.

think back to the hibs 3-1 loss at ibrox last season, i posted up both starting 11's and the average age, hibs was around the 25 mark, ours was a month or two off 30

some change

I remember that mate. There's been a big demand for exactly this type of squad....so hopefully they can deliver the goods. There's a lot of experience from the English championship in there too, which is a great league.

I'm pretty sure I said on here at some point last season that McGregor will come good for us in a couple of years :anguish::lol:

Still time yet mate! :D

More importantly, IMO, all the new signings sound like they have old heads. What we lacked most last season was mental fortitude. It looks like we have addressed this. It's a young team, but it's not a raw team. There's lots of experience in there despite the average age.

That's the type of point I was trying to put across mate. Well put! (tu).

Exactly. I like how MW looks for players with a bit of maturity as well as the football side of things. Its incredibly important!