Robert Sarver Makes Bid For Levante

Failed Rangers Bidder Robert Sarver Has Made An Offer To Buy La Liga Side Levante

Capture48-770x470.png

American banker Robert Sarver who made a failed attempt to buy Rangers in January has made a massive bid of 56 million euros for La Liga side Levante.

Sarver had an interest in purchasing the Scottish Championship side at the turn of the year, however the American pulled out after his £20 million bid was rejected by the Rangers board.

Yet it seems that setback hasn’t diminished Sarver’s appetite for the beautiful game as he has now tabled a bid for Spanish side Levante.

The 54-year-old has owned a controlling stake in the Phoenix Suns of the NBA since 2004 but clearly harbours an interest in owning a European-based football team.

It’s understood Sarver has held several positive meetings with Levante’s board and current president Javier Tebas over the last few weeks.

Sarver’s bid is currently being assessed by the club with a decision due to be made by next Tuesday, June 23.

Levante finished in 14th place in the La Liga table last season.

After failing to reach a deal with the Rangers board in January of this year, Sarver said:

“Clearly the current directors have a different path they want to go down. I hope for the sake of the club and the fans, who’ve been very warm and supportive towards me, that it works out.

“I wish the club and fans the best of luck. If they want my support in the future, then they only have to ask.”

Strange one that, Levante have never really challenged local rivals Valencia, never mind the rest of Spanish football, very much a mid-bottom table team.

Would need lots of money to challenge the top 7 or 8 teams in Spain, so European football not guaranteed either.