Sellik secterian songs at Hearts

So then, no one at all in sport, or in the government, or an outisder heard the clearly audible IRA chants. Ive never thought of the IRA as a political party thats Sinn Fienns job, so we get complaints about potatoes, the can sing about the IRA. Nice and balanced eh ?

Sad reality of it.

I'd love nothing more than these scumbags to be taken to task over every IRA song they sing, but can't see it happening.

The celtc fans are calling the Hearts fans bigoted bastards for their choice of songs today - you just couldn't make it up.

muff if you say something often enough you start to beleive it these deluded assholes actually think the songs they sing are not sectarian what chance have we got when were dealing with idiots

1st time I have really watched a celtc game in ages - this was the loudest I have heard the songs in some time.

The tims are saying the songs are not even sectarian and up the ra is actually the Samaras song - fcuk off.

I wish something was done about this, I wish one of our top dogs would come out and put Liewell and Reid in their place and tell them to shut the fcuk up and sort their club and fans out.

The songs were very audible.

TBH I'd rather they could sing what they wanted, and we could sing what we wanted (provided it wasn't uber awful). I really do hate where this is going to end up going.

However...... If they want to play the offended game, then so be it. They might drag us down, but sure as hell we'll do our utmost to take them with us. Ultimately, football is the loser. Just stripping the game of passion and character.

(tu)

1st time I have really watched a celtc game in ages - this was the loudest I have heard the songs in some time.

The tims are saying the songs are not even sectarian and up the ra is actually the Samaras song - fcuk off.

I wish something was done about this, I wish one of our top dogs would come out and put Liewell and Reid in their place and tell them to shut the fcuk up and sort their club and fans out.

Sometimes it is, but today, (especially as he wasnt even on the park doh) you could hear up the ra in full force

Boys of the Old Brigade could probably get off on a techincality. Up the Ra most certainly cannot, as this is about the PIRA. Another few songs such as Roll of Honour and My little armalite are also about the modern day version and therefor are illegal under the Terrorism Act.

Good to see the Scottish Sun has printed the story today. Perhaps an equal voice is eventually getting through. (tu)

Boys of the Old Brigade could probably get off on a techincality. Up the Ra most certainly cannot, as this is about the PIRA. Another few songs such as Roll of Honour and My little armalite are also about the modern day version and therefor are illegal under the Terrorism Act.

Good to see the Scottish Sun has printed the story today. Perhaps an equal voice is eventually getting through. (tu)

any link to the sun story m8

CELTIC fans were blasted last night for allegedly singing pro-IRA chants during their 2-0 win over Hearts yesterday.

Punters watching the Tynecastle match on TV claimed a section of the support sang IRA anthem ‘The Boys of the Old Brigade’ and “Ooh Ah Up the ‘RA”.

One disgusted viewer said: “Celtic seemed to have taken great strides in wiping this filth out at Parkhead. Unfortunately a large section of the travelling support seem hell bent on dragging the club through the mud.”

Last night a Celtic spokesman said: “Anyone found guilty of such behaviour will be dealt with in the strongest possible way.”

Cops arrested two fans and ejected two others at Tynecastle but would not say what for. Stewards threw out 12 supporters.

No one at Hearts was available for comment last night.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...icle1884150.ece

The text of the article davie posted

As long as we keep reporting them as a unit, they will get hammered and rightly so. We NEED to report everything we can, every time, all the time and not let up.

The more emails sent to all and sundry the better. Lets get stuck into the fhilth !!!

What Mr Speirs has to say on the matter...

"The Tynecastle atmosphere was febrile, as ever, The Celtic support bayed their approval, throwing in every song you could think of: cultural, political, mickey-taking."