Vuckic...

gogzy

Newcastle fan in peace.

A lot will depend on who gets the Newcastle manager's job in the summer and whether or not they rate Vuckic. It is very unlikely to be John Carver that get's the job so it is impossible to say. He hasn't had many games for Newcastle but he looked good in the Europa League games. He has struggled to keep up with the pace of the Premier League games that he has played, but in his defence he hasn't had a run of games to get used to the pace either.

As for a transfer fee, then if he is seen as surplus to requirements then Newcastle never hold out for large fees. We have just sold Davide Santon back to Inter Milan for only £2.5 Million, and he's a full Italian international. If he isn't wanted by the new manager then I wouldn't be surprised to see him let go for between £500K and £1M.

Although Newcastle have one of the lowest wage bills in the league, the biggest stumbling block will be wages. I don't know what Vuckic's salary is, but I would expect it to be between £15K - £25K a week as a development player who has had his contract extended. It could even be a lot higher if he was seen as a promising prospect when his contract was re-negotiated.

See http://www.tsmplug.com/football/newcastle-united-players-salaries-2014/ for an idea of wages at the club. The other salaries on that page check out apart from Rob Elliot's who is on nearer £30K a week.

I'm glad to see him doing well for you though and I hope he keeps it up to help you through the play-offs and helps get you back where you belong. Sorry for the debacle over the three who will never play for you. It doesn't reflect well on our club and our fans know that.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newcastle fan in peace.

A lot will depend on who gets the Newcastle manager's job in the summer and whether or not they rate Vuckic. It is very unlikely to be John Carver that get's the job so it is impossible to say. He hasn't had many games for Newcastle but he looked good in the Europa League games. He has struggled to keep up with the pace of the Premier League games that he has played, but in his defence he hasn't had a run of games to get used to the pace either.

As for a transfer fee, then if he is seen as surplus to requirements then Newcastle never hold out for large fees. We have just sold Davide Santon back to Inter Milan for only £2.5 Million, and he's a full Italian international. If he isn't wanted by the new manager then I wouldn't be surprised to see him let go for between £500K and £1M.

Although Newcastle have one of the lowest wage bills in the league, the biggest stumbling block will be wages. I don't know what Vuckic's salary is, but I would expect it to be between £15K - £25K a week as a development player who has had his contract extended. It could even be a lot higher if he was seen as a promising prospect when his contract was re-negotiated.

See http://www.tsmplug.com/football/newcastle-united-players-salaries-2014/ for an idea of wages at the club. The other salaries on that page check out apart from Rob Elliot's who is on nearer £30K a week.

I'm glad to see him doing well for you though and I hope he keeps it up to help you through the play-offs and helps get you back where you belong. Sorry for the debacle over the three who will never play for you. It doesn't reflect well on our club and our fans know that.

Nice one FG. Long time since you guys were up here playing in front of 75,000 fans.

Who do you think are the best of the 5 loanees we got from you. Vuckic and Streete look decent, rest yet to play.

And would be interesting to hear a Newcastle fans thoughts on Ashley.

Newcastle fan in peace.

If you wanted any more confirmation of how fucked up the EPL is then it's Newcastle United paying £30k a week to Rob Elliott, yet today they announced a £19Million net profit.

Thanks for the post though.

If you wanted any more confirmation of how fucked up the EPL is then it's Newcastle United paying £30k a week to Rob Elliott, yet today they announced a £19Million net profit.

Thanks for the post though.

This isn't encouraging either

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/may/22/championship-club-accounts-profit-loss-and-the-wage-bill

Think there's only a couple of teams with a wage bill lower than Rangers. And that was 12/13, probably even worse now.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/may/22/championship-club-accounts-profit-loss-and-the-wage-bill

Think there's only a couple of teams with a wage bill lower than Rangers. And that was 12/13, probably even worse now.

We won't compete with a player wage bill of 7m. We used to carry a 30m wage bill, Celtic have a player wage bill at least 3 times ours just now.

Only one team in that link has a smaller budget (Peterborough). We pay half what Bristol City do and less than Bradford and Millwall.

King has spoken about 'soft finance' to let us compete. We will certainly make big losses putting a decent team together and it will only be worse if we aren't promoted. I hope when we do spend cash we choose the players wisely. We will have to wheel and deal extremely well here and can't afford dead wood.

Those wage bills are madness. But I suppose Championship Clubs do play 8 more games in a Season plus Cup competitions so they do need bigger squads.

But I don't see us ever going past £20Million a year for playing staff. If you buy clever and sell clever too, I just don't think there's the need. I think we'll get to maybe £10Million - £12Million our first few years back.

Those wage bills are madness. But I suppose Championship Clubs do play 8 more games in a Season plus Cup competitions so they do need bigger squads.

But I don't see us ever going past £20Million a year for playing staff. If you buy clever and sell clever too, I just don't think there's the need. I think we'll get to maybe £10Million - £12Million our first few years back.

Agree. I think we could easily get rid of 10 players and replace them with maybe 5 or 6 good quality players without increasing the wage bill. Get another couple in when McCoist is off the pay roll.