Vuckic...

gogzy

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see Vuckic, Scott Allan and Danny Wilson if we are going to pay sensible fees for key positions. All aged 24 and under, have quality on the ball, and are proven in Scotland.

Id also like to see all of them.

Im glad vuckic is coming good for us (I used to sign him for us on fm) hopfully he can stay fit and we manage to fill the stadium so he can see what Ibrox can be like

Ashley could do himself a lot of favours with our support by offering to extend his loan period into next season.

If not the club's board should make a move i.e. "Today we made an offer to take Vuikic back on loan, if Mr Ashley's intentions at Rangers were, or are, in anyway honorable he'll recognise it's a good thing to do for the club while not damaging Newcastle's ambitions" - That leaves Ashley with the decision 'look like a cunt or save some face'.

Vuikic has to be top of the signings list albeit a loan deal.

Maybe King should come out and show he is serious about investing and offer £10m for him, if he doesn't then it just shows that he was talking shite.

I don't think that's likely nor reasonable.

Perhaps the board could use my dig only on a rejection of the request to take him back on loan. To avoid provoking Ashley but I think it's a reasonable stance to take, it's an opportunity for Ashley to look better with potential customers and at a club he's tied into currently, or he looks worse to a support that already has numbers disliking him and his involvement in our club.

With regards to getting a loan deal I think that's a decent hand to hold.

Buying Vuikic is out of our price range no doubt so assuming I'm correct - it's a non starter.[/quote

Why is a 22yo with a year left on his deal, playing reserve football out of our price range?

]

My main concern about us not being able to buy Vuckic is it was always going to be a catch 22 situation,

If he had stayed injured or played rotten then he would have spent rest of season here, then back to Newcastle.

But if he continues to do well, his transfer value will probably shoot up.

Think chances of getting him signed for wages we could afford are slim, we should maybe have negotiated a better loan deal with a fixed option to buy..(I know the previous board were incapable of that.)

Love how people on here assume to know how Ashley feel about things.. So I´ll play the same game.

Vuckic, Streete and the others was sent from NUFC because they where surplus, meaning that Newcastle want rid of them.
If we want Vuckic permanently we´ll have to negotiate a deal for him, a deal that might very well be non-cash given all the commercial deals Ashley got with Rangers thru Sports Direct.
In other words, he might come free of charge as part of the Sports Direct package or whatever.

Would Ashley veto a deal just to spite the new board?..
It would surprise me really, in particular given how his detractors on here have constantly claimed that he only really cares about Sports Direct.
Sports Direct in turn would very much prefer a Rangers eating at the top of the table so I find it unlikely that Ashley would veto a deal.

In general both Ashley and the new board have been playing a waiting game it seems, The "onerous" contracts might perhaps not be that one-sided and so far Ashley have not decided to put any Directors on the board despite having the right to do so.

The future might get interesing in regards to the Ashley/Board relationships I feel.

Love how people on here assume to know how Ashley feel about things.. So I´ll play the same game.

Vuckic, Streete and the others was sent from NUFC because they where surplus, meaning that Newcastle want rid of them.

If we want Vuckic permanently we´ll have to negotiate a deal for him, a deal that might very well be non-cash given all the commercial deals Ashley got with Rangers thru Sports Direct.

In other words, he might come free of charge as part of the Sports Direct package or whatever.

Would Ashley veto a deal just to spite the new board?..

It would surprise me really, in particular given how his detractors on here have constantly claimed that he only really cares about Sports Direct.

Sports Direct in turn would very much prefer a Rangers eating at the top of the table so I find it unlikely that Ashley would veto a deal.

In general both Ashley and the new board have been playing a waiting game it seems, The "onerous" contracts might perhaps not be that one-sided and so far Ashley have not decided to put any Directors on the board despite having the right to do so.

The future might get interesing in regards to the Ashley/Board relationships I feel.

Was always a Catch 22 for us, but a win/win either way for Ashley (which is why the chunt is a multi millionaire, doubt he has that much greater interest in the football or the clubs from a non commercial view). Hopefully we can strike as good a deal as he does, but not optimistic on that one.

Only Streete is out of contract. Vuckic is 2017 I think.

That's unfortunate about Vuckic.

Streete looked a good player in the short time he's been on the park, from what I saw. And its one of the most important positions we need to fill for next season..........

Wouldn't offer more than £500,000. Let's face it he's not rated at NU, if he was he wouldn't be up here and don't forget he's playing against guys who many on here have been calling painters and plumbers all season. He's done well so far, but just remember what level we are playing at.

There must be loads of players around EPL squads with no hope of getting a game, that's a market well worth exploring, I read this morning that Chelsea have 25 players heading out on loan next season, these kids have zero chance of getting anywhere near the first team, likewise at most scattercash EPL clubs.

There must be loads of players around EPL squads with no hope of getting a game, that's a market well worth exploring, I read this morning that Chelsea have 25 players heading out on loan next season, these kids have zero chance of getting anywhere near the first team, likewise at most scattercash EPL clubs.

That's fucking crazy, it's a squad of players!

Wouldn't offer more than £500,000. Let's face it he's not rated at NU, if he was he wouldn't be up here and don't forget he's playing against guys who many on here have been calling painters and plumbers all season. He's done well so far, but just remember what level we are playing at.

I agree, I think we could get Vuckic, Allen and Wilson for a combined 2m or thereabouts and build the rest with youth, frees and existing players. Wilson and Allen both have 1 year left on their deals.

I would say you're living in dreamland thinking he is worth 500'000, he's seen as one of europes brightest young talents, newcastle might just see him as not experienced enough yet and want him to get as much experience as possible. I think you're looking at closer to 1m. McCall himself: "He reminds me so much of big Alexei Mikhailichenko, who I used to play with." you don't say that about a lower league youngster that's worth 500'000.

I would say you're living in dreamland thinking he is worth 500'000, he's seen as one of europes brightest young talents, newcastle might just see him as not experienced enough yet and want him to get as much experience as possible. I think you're looking at closer to 1m. McCall himself: "He reminds me so much of big Alexei Mikhailichenko, who I used to play with." you don't say that about a lower league youngster that's worth 500'000.

He maybe means in terms of style rather than quality.