Platini's five ref experiment.

The extra two refs go behind the goals, watching for penalties and goal line decisions.

It's been used at youth level and is considered a success.

I wonder how it'll work out with stadia like Old Trafford where there's no space to go behind the nets.

How is that going to work?

99% penalty decisions are made on interpretation and what you THINK is a penalty. For example, shirt pulling, heels clipped, obstructed etc etc.

Having two people behind the goal, do you not think both will have different views on decisions?

Sounds a bit daft to me.

What happens if one of the officials is absolutely certain that a player has been fouled, yet the ref is absolutely certain that nothing happened?

I take it these guys are just Consigliere's where as the man in the middle is the Capofamiglia? :D

How is that going to work?

99% penalty decisions are made on interpretation and what you THINK is a penalty. For example, shirt pulling, heels clipped, obstructed etc etc.

Having two people behind the goal, do you not think both will have different views on decisions?

I think its one behind each, making two extra refs?

Only way I can see it working is if they all have headsets to communicate, if its a stonewaller, the ref would see it as would a linesman, but for any extra help, they would see it and could flag