The Sun with a so called Walter blue-print for his led takeover.

Boab

Exclusive

By IAIN KING

Published: 20 minutes ago

WALTER SMITH has drawn up a two-year blueprint for his mission to rescue Rangers.

comment on this story.

SunSport can reveal that Smith and his consortium will launch their takeover bid within the next 48 hours.

Accountants representing the group — which is bankrolled by Scotland’s richest man Jim McColl and motor tycoon Douglas Park — will open talks with current owner Charles Green.

The offer will not be near the £20million suggested by the Green camp.

But Smith & Co hope the Yorkshire businessman can be persuaded to take a tidy profit and quickly step aside to allow the fans’ choice to take control of Gers.

Meanwhile, Smith is on holiday in France contemplating his next move in the bid to secure the future of the club.

SunSport can reveal:

Smith will not be chairman or a director of football of the new Rangers, should his group wrest control.

Ally McCoist will remain as boss over the next two seasons and won’t be held hostage to results.

Smith may not even take a seat on any football or business board. His main concern is to put the right people in charge to ensure Gers never again fall into the shameful state they are in now.

Should his ‘Dream Team’ bid fail, there is no chance of Smith returning to Ibrox as part of the Green regime.

The Group will invest significant money in the infrastructure of Ibrox and Murray Park.

Smith will battle to encourage new investment into Gers and when that has been achieved he will step down.

Smith, the only man the Rangers fans trust to unite their shattered club, has been courted by every regime and failed bid since Whyte bought over Sir David Murray’s 85.3 per cent majority shareholding in Gers for £1.

He has stayed on the sidelines though, and is only involved now because he feels McColl and Park have Rangers’ interests at heart and are not in this to make money.

The consortium want to organise crunch talks over the weekend and begin the process of trying to land Rangers.

But Green holds all the cards now as McColl and Park waited until the 11th hour to make their move.

Now Smith and his backers face a nervous weekend as they prepare to start negotiations with Sevco.

He was offered a boardroom position by shamed former owner Whyte but declined it.

Green will get the same answer, so turning down this offer and trying to keep Smith in the loop is not an option for the new owners.

Now the test for Green will be if he wants to fight a bloody battle with the fans or bow to pressure and accept the offer that is looming.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4376148/Two-year-plan-to-rescue-Rangers.html#ixzz1xubxsozv

Anyone question why they waited until we were ligquidated until they showed their interest?

Eh...McColl and Park were already in consortiums.

Smith isn't doing this because he wants to, it's because he needs to.

Walter being used by another group of businessmen wanting to make money off Rangers and trying to hoodwink the fans into believing they are altruistic, are they hell. Park and McColl are hard nosed business men nothing more nothing less. Remember 6-7 seasons ago the (mis)Trust bemoaning that Eurotrips with the club (the only way at that time to get official tickets for away Euro games, the trip had to be booked through Parks and he was ripping us off. Some may have short memories BUT I don't. They want to put the money in, make a profit and then in a few years sell the club on making even more. And despite hiding behind Walter at present, once in place Walter will have little to no say in the daily running of the club??????

Last time someone hoodwinked me to this extent I was shortly thereafter told to be cautious.

I am with Green and I am EVEN more so with Park and McColl

Eh...McColl and Park were already in consortiums.

Smith isn't doing this because he wants to, it's because he needs to.

But why wait until the club is no more? Why not com in when it was the blue knights, miller, ng, etc.

Reason I think is that they did not want to deal with the CVA / debt.

Got to say im rather disapointed Walter wont be as big a part of this as i thought. I said earlyer i wondered how diffrent fans reactions to this would have been if Walter Smith wasnt mentioned. However as its the sunsport and there isnt a single quote or comment from anyone it might turn out diffrent to what has been suggested.

But why wait until the club is no more? Why not com in when it was the blue knights, miller, ng, etc.

1. What you on about the club is no more? The club is still alive and kicking.

2. Park was with TBK, McColl with a different consortium but neither were picked, Green was. So what are you on about?

2. Park was with TBK, McColl with a different consortium but neither were picked, Green was. So what are you on about?

Does anyone know what consortium McColl was with prior to all this?

Maybe he didn't want some fans to turn against him when the CVA was rejected. (Was going to be rejected no matter what consortium made the CVA offer, HMRC confirmed that)

Better late than never, hopefully Walter and his consortium are successful with their bid.

Maybe he didn't want some fans to turn against him when the CVA was rejected. (Was going to be rejected no matter what consortium made the CVA offer, HMRC confirmed that)

Better late than never, hopefully Walter and his consortium are successful with their bid.

Walter seems to be just a name I am afraid :disappointment:

Pint half empty / half full.

Didn't hear confirmed reports myself r.e. McColl / Park with other groups,so fair enough if they were, apologies.

Green wasn't picked.

He was the only show in town when it came down to the nitty gritty.

He walked the walk. Who else offered to take that walk?

Wait a minute. He never wanted some fans to turn against him IF the CVA was rejected, BUT he knew it would be?

Care to elaborate?

Wait a minute. He never wanted some fans to turn against him IF the CVA was rejected, BUT he knew it would be?

Care to elaborate?

There was always a good chance the CVA would be rejected, maybe Walter and his group didn't want to take that chance incase fans turned against him and he maybe thought it could ruin his reputation at the club.

I'm not saying that is why he is coming in with a late bid, but it is a possibility.

We have been as fans taken for granted and its not something the old bears are used to

the club has a history and a heritage second to none .

It just seems my opinion only -

Why if people have the funds they want to participate for their own means

when the risk is nil - but since valentines day waited for their own purposes.

I dont trust anyone - and that is the feeling amonst many bears scared to trust

anyone that being through gross mis-management that beggars belief that

caused this mess previously and we were unware of their actions.

Walter was a legend - we need him back in some capacity no doubt

but the ones in his association are they serious in their intentions

and if so why has it taken so long .