Cricket

Just now, kplfishtank said:

We do have Stokes Bairstow and Ali as well. 

Perth Melbourne and Sydney. 

Yeah but if they are coming in at 50/4 or even 100/4 the pressure is on them big time and the aussies will smell blood. 

Boxing Day MCG test then? Will be brilliant!

11 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

Yeah but if they are coming in at 50/4 or even 100/4 the pressure is on them big time and the aussies will smell blood. 

Boxing Day MCG test then? Will be brilliant!

Aye been twice before. 

Aussies ain't that great I'm not overly worried. 

4 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

I honestly don't know 

everyone who comes in and gets dropped then goes back to county and scores for fun. 

I know what you mean! I think Hameed will be given another crack at it before the first ashes test. 

4 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

Possibly. 

Jennings won't do , even when he's scored he's been lucky. 

Some big choices to be made 

I like westley 

Aye westley needs a big score this series. Got a good chance against a very average WIndies attack. 

On 8/18/2017 at 8:57 PM, kplfishtank said:

Aye they've been poor. 

Nothing like the West Indies teams I grew up watching. 

I was introduced to watching cricket way back when the West Indies were a real force in cricket and had some wonderful players with both the bat and the bowling was frightening to watch..This current team are an embarrassment and it hurts me to see and listen to the wonderful Micheal Holding on Sky you can see how much he is hurting and how exasperated he is. It seems the whole set up needs to be given a clear out and get back to basics..Perhaps it's too much to say a Scotland team would have given England a better game but a good County team would have put on a better show..Sad times indeed.. 

West Indies are terrible. If Rangers fans think our owners have mismanaged us for years, spare a thought for Windies cricket fans. Their board has well and truly fucked their entire cricketing structure and resigned them to years of mediocre cricket. 

15 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Also, updated the thread title. 

The Pak players have done well in county this season. Mo Amir especially. 

Did you see the film about Michael Holding during the SA v ENG series when they took you back to the spot fixing scandal and Holding broke down when he talked about he sympathised with Amir being a young man at the time and being targeted by crooks.

I like Holding because he's just a cricket  man who absolutely loves test cricket and sees the big picture when the other Sky commentators(who I like also)tend to see things only from an English perspective at times.

24 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Did you see the film about Michael Holding during the SA v ENG series when they took you back to the spot fixing scandal and Holding broke down when he talked about he sympathised with Amir being a young man at the time and being targeted by crooks.

I like Holding because he's just a cricket  man who absolutely loves test cricket and sees the big picture when the other Sky commentators(who I like also)tend to see things only from an English perspective at times.

Holding is great. A true cricket legend and he holds down respect from everyone in the game. Love listening to him. 

Mike Atherton's 2 interviews with Amir were also outstanding. 

A young guy, ross quickly from poverty, was taken advantage of by his captain and crooks surrounding the team at the time, did his time and has now come back incredibly humble just wanting to play cricket. Obviously what he did was wrong, but he served his punishment and there were clear mitigating factors. I'm happy he has got his career back on track.

stuck a few quid on the windies @ 4/1 when they were 140 odds for 3. just over 100 behind with 7 wickets in hand. I know they are capabale at collapsing and could be all out for 20 runs after this partnership. But 4/1 seemed a good price with the score as it was. They sould be looking at 450 at least now. We shall see. 

14 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Set up for a good last two days if England can bat well tomorrow morning.

Yeah they need to put a decent total on. Will be interesting to see how the windies batsman handle the pressure if the target is chaseable. 

How many chances is Westly going to get? He's no where near good enough to bat at 3 for England. 

12 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

Yeah they need to put a decent total on. Will be interesting to see how the windies batsman handle the pressure if the target is chaseable. 

How many chances is Westly going to get? He's no where near good enough to bat at 3 for England. 

You could basically move all the batsmen up one pick Butler as wicket keeper and play Bairstow as a batsman again,with the luxury of three all rounders like Bairstow,Moeen Ali and Stokes there's plenty of scope to rejig the batting line up.