Cricket

6 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Australia have added Glenn Maxwell to squad as cover for both David Warner and Shaun Marsh; both of whom have picked up injuries. 

Seems to be more likely Marsh misses out than Warner.

Guy from some Aussie sports channel said if Aussies bat first Warner might struggle to make start. 

Either way he can’t be fully fit which can only be good for us. 

Im buzzing for this but won’t see much of first 2 tests. 

2 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

Guy from some Aussie sports channel said if Aussies bat first Warner might struggle to make start. 

Either way he can’t be fully fit which can only be good for us. 

Im buzzing for this but won’t see much of first 2 tests. 

I wonder if he’d bat down the order or just open with restricted movement and swing for the fences.

3 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

I wonder if he’d bat down the order or just open with restricted movement and swing for the fences.

It’s not easy to do that with a new ball and if conditions are cloudy and wet 

they might put England in if they win toss 

all out for 170 and chasing a game. 

26 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

It’s not easy to do that with a new ball and if conditions are cloudy and wet 

they might put England in if they win toss 

all out for 170 and chasing a game. 

They could always open with Marsh and Bancroft, assume that they won’t need Warner on day 1, and play him at 7 or 8.

Can’t help but feel England are making the wrong call with Ball. He’s barely played in the warm-ups and his style isn’t really suited to Australian pitches. 

Overton went well in the warm-ups and would have provided useful extra batting in Stokes’ absence.

6 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

For years I've defended Cook as my Dad calls him a lazy cunt who prefers watching the game from the gallery rather than playing and he goes and does that..!!??..:duh:

He’s turning in to an all or nothing player. 

Shaping up to be a cracking Test. 

Match very finely poised. Wouldn’t be surprised if Smith goes on to make a big score, but by the same token losing Marsh at the other end would expose Paine and the bowlers. Smith was brilliant today.

Paine, Cummins, and Starc all capable of playing a handy innings, though. 

Tough to call.

17 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Shaping up to be a cracking Test. 

Match very finely poised. Wouldn’t be surprised if Smith goes on to make a big score, but by the same token losing Marsh at the other end would expose Paine and the bowlers. Smith was brilliant today.

Paine, Cummins, and Starc all capable of playing a handy innings, though. 

Tough to call.

Vaughan summed it up perfectly. He said you have to remember the Aussies have very little in terms of batting after these 2. If England can go in with the mindset that if they get 1 wicket they’re onto the tail, it could pick them up

I listened to the amazing events unfold on the drive up from Nottingham last night.

The one thing that struck me is that old Geoffrey Boycott is a JINX..he would go on a big speil and literally seconds later an England wicket went down..:huh:

If Smith can be removed within the 1st 5 overs then it swings the momentum back to England..apparently the weather is to be bit mixed for day 3..but it's certainly been a wonderful example of how delightful Test cricket can be..