Benburb Juniors New Ground

Had a look round it a few weeks ago and was very impressed with it and facility's are excellent,The pitch looks absolutely superb and is huge,They have also built a very nice small stand and things were starting to look good for the Bens and playing some nice football and getting some decent results.

Fast forward a few weeks later and the local scumbags have returned once again and poured what looks like petrol over a large section of the pitch and set it on fire and will cost the club thousands to have it repaired,These scum seem to follow the Bens like a bad smell and was the same at old Tinto park when they destroyed things on a weekly basis.

The Bens a few weeks ago were installing cctv and hopefully had it up and running when this happened and those responsible will be caught.

Absolute liberty given it's not only used by the club but also the local community for the kids and other teams to use.

I mind playing at Greenfields down Shettleston way, not long after it opened, must of been 7-8yrs ago.

Anyway, a group of kids had what looked like football sock and were spraying an aerosol of sorts into them - I thought they were trying to get high on solvents - however no.... they set it on fire and threw it at a random player..... setting the brand new park on fire.

The school here got a 3G 7aside surface in, it got closed down after getting constantly vandalised.

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

I mind playing at Greenfields, not long after it opened, must of been 7-8yrs ago.

Anyway, a group of kids had what looked like football sock and were spraying an aerosol into them - I thought they were trying to get high on solvents - however no.... they set it on fire and threw it at a player..... setting the brand new park on fire.

:lol: quality

12 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I hope they catch the bastards. I don't understand this sort of thing, is someone harbouring a grudge against them for something?

The same thought crossed my mind also as has a few other people,Old Tinto park wasn't in the best of shapes and was pretty run down and could only work with the little money they had,But the local scumbags done everything from set fire to the clubhouse numerous times,damaged the changing rooms,destroyed brand new dug out's they built and the worst was when they stole the copper cable for the floodlights meaning no night training or games and would have cost £25k to repair them.

They are a great wee club and do tons for the local community,I'd love to see anyone who doesn't travel to Rangers away games go along and give some support to the Bens if they are playing at home in a nice friendly environment and the pies are pretty good to,Great place to even take your kids.

Benburb had a great relationship with Rangers a few years ago,Rangers sometimes used Tinto park to train on as it was one of the best pitches in Scotland at that time,Rangers used to give the Bens a lot of training gear and a couple of famous players came from the Bens to Rangers.

The damage situation is now getting beyond a joke and seems someone has some sort of vendetta against this great wee club.

50 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

The same thought crossed my mind also as has a few other people,Old Tinto park wasn't in the best of shapes and was pretty run down and could only work with the little money they had,But the local scumbags done everything from set fire to the clubhouse numerous times,damaged the changing rooms,destroyed brand new dug out's they built and the worst was when they stole the copper cable for the floodlights meaning no night training or games and would have cost £25k to repair them.

They are a great wee club and do tons for the local community,I'd love to see anyone who doesn't travel to Rangers away games go along and give some support to the Bens if they are playing at home in a nice friendly environment and the pies are pretty good to,Great place to even take your kids.

Benburb had a great relationship with Rangers a few years ago,Rangers sometimes used Tinto park to train on as it was one of the best pitches in Scotland at that time,Rangers used to give the Bens a lot of training gear and a couple of famous players came from the Bens to Rangers.

The damage situation is now getting beyond a joke and seems someone has some sort of vendetta against this great wee club.

Be the same wee basrards that vandalise cars in Dumbreck Whenever we play.

6 hours ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Played against them in a cup game a few years back, they absolutely hammered us only to get thrown out for playing an ineligible player.

We went through to the next round at their expense and took another hammering :lol:

Who did u and play with LT

7 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Was with Muirkirk at the time mate. About 3/4 years ago now.

Cool mate. I went up to watch muirkirk a good few times but was up watching my bro in law playing for Cumnock against muirkirk and the game ended 9-0 and muirkirk didn't have 1 shot on goals. Did u play for any of the other teams? 

4 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

Cool mate. I went up to watch muirkirk a good few times but was up watching my bro in law playing for Cumnock against muirkirk and the game ended 9-0 and muirkirk didn't have 1 shot on goals. Did u play for any of the other teams? 

Aye they were pretty dire to be fair mate, effectively an amateur team playing in the junior leagues as they have next to no budget. Poor bastards have to play Cumnock, Glenafton & Auchinleck Talbot every season in their league cup group as well and it's usually cricket scores.

That was my first and only junior team mate, had a bit of a shite time with injuries and ended up out for the best part of 6 months then fell away from it for a couple of seasons after that and then went back in to the amateurs once I started playing again.

28 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Aye they were pretty dire to be fair mate, effectively an amateur team playing in the junior leagues as they have next to no budget. Poor bastards have to play Cumnock, Glenafton & Auchinleck Talbot every season in their league cup group as well and it's usually cricket scores.

That was my first and only junior team mate, had a bit of a shite time with injuries and ended up out for the best part of 6 months then fell away from it for a couple of seasons after that and then went back in to the amateurs once I started playing again.

That's a shame that sometimes when folk get an injury and end up out as long as 6 months they just fall away from it. My bro in law played way ek thistle then shotts and won the Scottish cup then down to Cumnock and now with pollok and he lost the Scottish last year against beith and pollok drew with Talbot 1-1 in the 3rd round of the Scottish today. He's the opposite from u that he's been really lucky not to have any injuries to keep him out the game as long. He turned 30 in may there and says he's glad that he won't be playing by the time everyone has they 4g pitched he said it takes him double the time to get back to normal if he has played on them. I went to an amateur final it was eddlewood who was playing and I can't mind the other team and the standard wasn't to bad mate I expected a lot of them to be brutal but a lot of the boys were decent players. 

4 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

That's a shame that sometimes when folk get an injury and end up out as long as 6 months they just fall away from it. My bro in law played way ek thistle then shotts and won the Scottish cup then down to Cumnock and now with pollok and he lost the Scottish last year against beith and pollok drew with Talbot 1-1 in the 3rd round of the Scottish today. He's the opposite from u that he's been really lucky not to have any injuries to keep him out the game as long. He turned 30 in may there and says he's glad that he won't be playing by the time everyone has they 4g pitched he said it takes him double the time to get back to normal if he has played on them. I went to an amateur final it was eddlewood who was playing and I can't mind the other team and the standard wasn't to bad mate I expected a lot of them to be brutal but a lot of the boys were decent players. 

Quite a high level he's played at then, probably unlucky not to have been given a crack at the senior leagues. It's just one of those things mate, it wasn't even a serious injury as such that kept me out, I got a hernia and the wound never healed properly after the operation and I picked up a couple of infections etc and it delayed my recovery a fair bit and after that it took me a while to build fitness and confidence to get going again. It just killed my enthusiasm for it if I'm honest but it was decent while it lasted. I'd like to think I could have moved on to a better level at some point if it never happened but that's life :lol: