Did Arsenal make Wenger an offer he couldn't refuse?

Thermopylae

The most unambitious big club in England. Be it the manager, the board or a combination of both, they never really make any sustained attempt to challenge for a league championship or European championships because the club rake in incredible amounts of money making the top four each season, so the board clearly don't think heavy investment is required while they're milking the top four cash cow. 

It's funny, because Chelsea do everything they can to challenge at the top and they spend, but they're also now self sustaining and tend to earn profit on sales of players. As much as it pains me to say it, Chelsea and Spurs are the models to follow as they're both thoroughly well run clubs. Spurs have not won anything since 2006, but they're a constant threat to the dominance of the usual suspects and one or two players added to the squad could see them become league champions *I feel sick*. 

Then there's West Ham - We have always had the potential to really upset the status quo, but each time we look as if we're advancing in that direction, fate has other ideas. And just like my dreams they fade and die...

Football is all about money now a days. Teams don't want to win anything unless it pays a lot of money. Look at the FA Cup this year, it's been a total farce. The fans would love to win trophies but all the owners care about is the £100m they get for staying in the league or the additional money they get for qualifying for Champions League. As long as Wenger keeps making Arsenal money he's gonna be their manager