Who gets what from a replica shirt sale

zanderbear

When you consider what it costs to get a top made it makes a lot of sense to do it ourselves (RFC).  You get a Nike or Puma or Adidas to pay us to put their name/logo on our shirts.  Marketing it ourselves would also save money as we could do that via our web site, fan clubs, Facebook, Twitter etc.  

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

When you consider what it costs to get a top made it makes a lot of sense to do it ourselves (RFC).  You get a Nike or Puma or Adidas to pay us to put their name/logo on our shirts.  Marketing it ourselves would also save money as we could do that via our web site, fan clubs, Facebook, Twitter etc.  

Unfortunately we could not afford to pay upfront for manufacturing and do not have a line of credit to enable that either. These manufacturers do not do credit.

Just now, docspiderman said:

Unfortunately we could not afford to pay upfront for manufacturing and do not have a line of credit to enable that either. These manufacturers do not do credit.

I am aware of the significant cost of setting this kind of thing up.  I didn't say we should do it just now, I simply said it made sense.

11 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I say so, yes.

And King gets another kick in the baws from kai. I wish people would stop giving you tap ins and actually make you work for your board slaying. You're far smarter than me caus from my angle the shirts ain't worth as much as the badge that fell off Hodsons top so I'll stick with the BOARDS opinion that it's best to leave them on the shelf for now.

5 hours ago, ianferguson said:

And King gets another kick in the baws from kai. I wish people would stop giving you tap ins and actually make you work for your board slaying. You're far smarter than me caus from my angle the shirts ain't worth as much as the badge that fell off Hodsons top so I'll stick with the BOARDS opinion that it's best to leave them on the shelf for now.

You're obsessed ya weirdo it's nothing to do with King I was encouraging shirt sales before King got in power ... are you also forgetting King said on record that he can "live with the retail deal" your actually thick as pig shit - stop quoting me please 

24 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You're obsessed ya weirdo it's nothing to do with King I was encouraging shirt sales before King got in power ... are you also forgetting King said on record that he can "live with the retail deal" your actually thick as pig shit - stop quoting me please 

Must have hit a nerve ?, who have you been encouraging ?. They ain't listening, I know that for a fact because  half an hour before the Morton game the shop had nobody buying anything. The only people in the shop were just getting out the cold and that makes me think you're out of tune with the VAST majority of bears on the subject, thankfully inaction speaks louder than words.

8 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Must have hit a nerve ?, who have you been encouraging ?. They ain't listening, I know that for a fact because  half an hour before the Morton game the shop had nobody buying anything. The only people in the shop were just getting out the cold and that makes me think you're out of tune with the VAST majority of bears on the subject, thankfully inaction speaks louder than words.

Stupid people having a go always hit nerves with me. I've been encouraging anyone that asks my opinion and is in two minds whether to buy a shirt - I don't do crusades telling/ordering other fans what to do with their money ... unlike some.

I never said I was with the majority of the support on this one did I? I know fine well the majority of our support are gullible fools who listen to fans groups and people on social media who are in it for attention.

16 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Don't think so.

It seems like anything we get would be very marginal at best. Depends on your outlook I suppose, can view buying a shirt as a way of financially supporting the club or as a fashion item. 

I'm no finance expert, but given the fans money in / money to the club ratio we'd be far better to spend money on tickets if we want cash to go to the club. 

Yep - if you want the latest shirt, which many do, buy it, but the best way to put money into the club is ticket sales. 

12 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Yep - if you want the latest shirt, which many do, buy it, but the best way to put money into the club is ticket sales. 

It's a good system buying tickets, rising stars etc but to be fair you can't wear a ticket. If you want to just give money to the club there's many ways to do it but only one way to buy a shirt. 

My worry is whenever we do get rid of the Ashley deal, what decent kit manufacturer or even shirt sponsor will touch us after all this? we don't like it so we boycott? that will show them ... we could miss out big time.... or maybe not, who knows - I just think it's good to see people buying the shirts and wearing them proudly even if we don't get as much cash as we should from it. 

8 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I agree with The Law Mans post.

If he hasn't posted yet, I agree with what he will go on to post ?

Law Man in bears' den??? He only operates in B&F. Never comments on his first game, how Rangers played, who the next manager will be - he's only interested in things like the tax case, King and the retail deal - makes you think. 

As for this thread - well?????? I could pick on all kinds of comments but to be brief I'll give a simple piece of advice. 

If you think the retail deal is fine and Ashley is, if not better than King but certainly no worse, then pop into the Rangers Shop or any branch of SD and purchase any Rangers memorabilia you like. 

If you think Ashley has a dodgy highly onerous deal from a former Director days before they lost control of the club (around the same time as Llambias was trying to dip the development fund money) then don't buy anything. 

Hopefully that sorts out this thread 

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It's a good system buying tickets, rising stars etc but to be fair you can't wear a ticket. If you want to just give money to the club there's many ways to do it but only one way to buy a shirt. 

My worry is whenever we do get rid of the Ashley deal, what decent kit manufacturer or even shirt sponsor will touch us after all this? we don't like it so we boycott? that will show them ... we could miss out big time.... or maybe not, who knows - I just think it's good to see people buying the shirts and wearing them proudly even if we don't get as much cash as we should from it. 

I know your kinda simple - so I'll repeat -  I said if folk want a shirt, buy it. If folk want the club to get most bang from their cash - buy a ticket. 

As for our next shirt sponsor we are still a big draw - and all we ask is our deal is on partity with other similar deals and not a shity deal, which we seem to have. 

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

I know your kinda simple - so I'll repeat -  I said if folk want a shirt, buy it. If folk want the club to get most bang from their cash - buy a ticket. 

As for our next shirt sponsor we are still a big draw - and all we ask is our deal is on partity with other similar deals and not a shity deal, which we seem to have. 

:lol: wasn't even having a go at you (if anything I was agreeing) and your still being an arse in response. 

Some things will never change. 

53 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Stupid people having a go always hit nerves with me. I've been encouraging anyone that asks my opinion and is in two minds whether to buy a shirt - I don't do crusades telling/ordering other fans what to do with their money ... unlike some.

I never said I was with the majority of the support on this one did I? I know fine well the majority of our support are gullible fools who listen to fans groups and people on social media who are in it for attention.

"The majority of our support  are gullible fools". 

Read that statement back a couple of times and if you're not embarrassed by it then maybe  your on the wrong forum. Let's see if you can accept for one moment that you have a minority opinion because your wrong ,not "stupid" just wrong.

11 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

"The majority of our fans are gullible fools". 

Read that statement back a couple of times and if you're not embarrassed by it then maybe  your on the wrong forum. Let's see if you can accept for one moment that you have a minority opinion because your wrong ,not "stupid" just wrong.

I stand by the statement and not embarrassed one bit. It's not the first time I've said it and won't be the last. 

I'm not on the wrong forum, either - I'm as passionate about Rangers as anyone on here and am willing to bet I've done more following the club and a lot for fellow supporters than you. Not that it's a competition or anything but if you want to throw statements like that about (I'm on the wrong forum) ...

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I stand by the statement and not embarrassed one bit. It's not the first time I've said it and won't be the last. 

I'm not on the wrong forum, either - I'm as passionate about Rangers as anyone on here and am willing to bet I've done more for the club and a lot of fellow supporters than you. Not that it's a competition or anything but if you want to throw statements like about (I'm on the wrong forum) ...

Let's get this straight, you think the majority of our fans are gullible fools, you want our board out ,you want rid of most if not all of our players and we should be grateful for all you've done for our club and fellow supporters. We're so lucky to have you ?.

Just now, ianferguson said:

Let's get this straight, you think the majority of our fans are gullible fools, you want our board out ,you want rid of most if not all of our players and we should be grateful for all you've done for our club and fellow supporters. We're so lucky to have you ?.

Yeah that's correct (the first part) and no not grateful at all. I'm just saying that because it's in response to you saying I'm on the wrong forum. 

This is the only Rangers forum I've ever really enjoyed because it doesn't toe any pro-anything agenda like FollowFollow does and the social media pages. As a consequence of that, I had to put up with creepy wee bangers like you trying to have a pop at people they don't have a clue about but that's life.

Being a Rangers fan doesn't get you a free pass in life. If your a gullible fool or a clown then you can say so if you like - like what you've basically done to me. It's OK for you to have a go, but I can't? :lol: 

26 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'm not on the wrong forum, either - I'm as passionate about Rangers as anyone on here and am willing to bet I've done more following the club and a lot for fellow supporters than you. Not that it's a competition or anything but if you want to throw statements like that about (I'm on the wrong forum) ...

That's interesting why do you brand the majority of Rangers fans fools?

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Yeah that's correct (the first part) and no not grateful at all. I'm just saying that because it's in response to you saying I'm on the wrong forum. 

This is the only Rangers forum I've ever really enjoyed because it doesn't toe any pro-anything agenda like FollowFollow does and the social media pages. As a consequence of that, I had to put up with creepy wee bangers like you trying to have a pop at people they don't have a clue about but that's life.

Being a Rangers fan doesn't get you a free pass in life. If your a gullible fool or a clown then you can say so if you like - like what you've basically done to me. It's OK for you to have a go, but I can't? :lol: 

You have opinions I don't agree with so I quote you and contradict you,that's what forums are for. You call me a weirdo ,a clown ,stupid, gullible and a creepy wee banger because I hold you to account for your opinions,seems a little OTT imo ?. Don't lose any sleep over your abuse of me though, I take it as a compliment when a bear of your eminence even acknowledges me.

1 minute ago, jim beam said:

That's interesting why do you brand the majority of Rangers fans fools?

Because the majority of them seem to be believe the nonsense from SOS, FollowFollow, buy LionBrand gear, bought into RangersFirst Club72, backed King to the hilt (some still do although I think this is changing)

It's sad but true IMO. 

In 2012 we had a real chance to galvanise our support but instead they succumbed to people's propaganda. Tragic to see. 

2 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

You have opinions I don't agree with so I quote you and contradict you,that's what forums are for. You call me a weirdo ,a clown ,stupid, gullible and a creepy wee banger because I hold you to account for your opinions,seems a little OTT imo ?. Don't lose any sleep over your abuse of me though, I take it as a compliment when a bear of your eminence even acknowledges me.

Don't play a victim card it doesn't suit you especially as you've been following me about the forum the past few days nit-picking at me first (hence those things I called you) 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Because the majority of them seem to be believe the nonsense from SOS, FollowFollow, buy LionBrand gear, bought into RangersFirst Club72, backed King to the hilt (some still do although I think this is changing)

It's sad but true IMO. 

In 2012 we had a real chance to galvanise our support but instead they succumbed to people's propaganda. Tragic to see. 

Thanks for the reply but disagree here's why the majority of bears don't go online and will have very little knowledge of FF or SOS or even LionBrand.

Bears will talk to other bears at work or in the pub and on supporters buses etc they will listen to mainstream media and form their own opinion from what information they have gathered and will enact on that.

If they choose to believe something different from you or I even if it is by and large a majority have came to the same conclusion it doesn't make them fools the same as it doesn't make you a fool for reaching a different conclusion.

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Don't play a victim card it doesn't suit you especially as you've been following me about the forum the past few days nit-picking at me first (hence those things I called you) 

No way am I playing the victim card ,just pointing out that I can disagree with opinions without abusing someone unlike your eminence ?.