West Hams record season ticket sales...

2 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Club record a whole '18%' renewed on the 1st day of sales. How the fuck are clubs like this so far ahead of us in finances etc. Football is a fucking shambles these days.

Tv rights perhaps and a product that might or might not be as good as they make out but still a million fucking miles better than our product The Sp fucking hell

1 hour ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Club record a whole '18%' renewed on the 1st day of sales. How the fuck are clubs like this so far ahead of us in finances etc. Football is a fucking shambles these days.

also helps when you get a rent deal that was crazy substidised with tax payers money which allows them to give cheaper season tickets  good luck to west ham but the deal they got away with was a disgrace

Just now, billscott said:

also helps when you get a rent deal that was crazy substidised with tax payers money which allows them to give cheaper season tickets  good luck to west ham but the deal they got away with was a disgrace

Sounds a bit too familiar with the fucking tarrier bastards we have to share a city with.

57 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

My mate has a season ticket there - think he has only been once this season as the view/atmosphere is absolute gash.

A move from a characterful old ground to a cavernous, soulless bowl.

Symbolises everything that's wrong with English football. 

I had a season ticket at West Ham up until last season and did not renew it as did not want the move from Upton Park. Haven't been once this season, as it feels like the heart and soul has been ripped out of the club. From what mates have told me about the new ground, it seems I made the right choice. No amount of investment, money or the shiny new ground can replace/continue on from the past generations that have gone before it. It was a sad day for me and many others when we moved ground but for some, they don't mind it and fair play to them but for me personally it just doesn't feel right.

Here is why, in the specific case of West Ham. 

Our board year on year use club propaganda to get supporters to buy in and year on year it's worked. The surprise is this season where a lot of us hate the stadium aren't renewing (myself included). The club sent an email to supporters last week stating that we need to renew by June, else we lose our seat to one of the 55,000 on the season ticket waiting list. Some have bit and paid early, some can't do without their fix and love the club, even through the lies and of course there are the plastics who want to watch Premier League football. There are not 55,000 on the waiting list and if there were, there aren't now. 

We're a big club and have always had a big support, but the traditional support will take a hammering (pardon the pun) as a sizeable group aren't renewing their season tickets. 

32 minutes ago, East London Loyal said:

Our board year on year use club propaganda to get supporters to buy in and year on year it's worked. The surprise is this season where a lot of us hate the stadium aren't renewing (myself included). The club sent an email to supporters last week stating that we need to renew by June, else we lose our seat to one of the 55,000 on the season ticket waiting list. Some have bit and paid early, some can't do without their fix and love the club, even through the lies and of course there are the plastics who want to watch Premier League football. There are not 55,000 on the waiting list and if there were, there aren't now. 

We're a big club and have always had a big support, but the traditional support will take a hammering (pardon the pun) as a sizeable group aren't renewing their season tickets. 

That was one of the moves that sir duped made back in the early days of his custodianship , claiming '000s on a waiting list to ensure as little resistance as possible when the ST price rose , with earlier renewal dates and the loss of cup ties from the deal . The support eventually caught on but the damage was largely done .

I have genuine sympathy with the West Ham support as I have some good memories of the Boleyn , going back to the old North & South banks . The new stadium looks impressive at times but will be soulless compared to the old ground , especially given the teams form this season. 

I'm not sure if Gold & Sullivan will be there long term , but unfortunately if the club remains in the PL then most games will virtually sell out due to the amount of " football tourists "  desperate for the EPL experience ( I did see that tickets were on general sale for the visit of chelsea , no doubt because it was a monday night ) but problems will occur if the club returns to the championship . 

1 hour ago, East London Loyal said:

Spot on that mate. Hits the nail on the head. :tu:

5 hours ago, Inigo said:

A move from a characterful old ground to a cavernous, soulless bowl.

Symbolises everything that's wrong with English football. 

It's going the way of Football franchises in the good ol USA. Man U moving to London etc etc