Just a thought - Warburton

Would we have picked up more points throughout the season with Pedro in charge?

Would we have a better team of players if Pedro had 4 transfer windows. 

Warburton dropped points all the time. Pedro has already shown 5x the amount of tactical ability than MW ever did. We already knew these players weren't good enough so I'm not going to worry if we aren't where we want to be right now. I'm more interested in next season. 

1 hour ago, Carsons Dog said:

Would we have won that game yesterday with Warburton in charge?

I don't think so . Put another way , we had more than enough of these sort of games , and results , under Warburton this season . 

3 hours ago, Carsons Dog said:

:lol: ..... :fishing:

Good question mate.

I have said in other threads that I wouldn't  judge PC's abilities this season with the squad he has inherited from W&W.

Yesterday's performance was an example of why I choose to give him a bit of leeway .... this squad, bar a minority ..... just seems to let us down too often to have any great confidence in them.

It is more a reflection on them and it seems to me no matter who the manager is he would battle with this squad.

So basically no mate ..... I don't think W&W would have gotten a different (better) result ..... this squad does not have it in them to win consistently .... the majority of this squad are as poor a representation of any Rangers team I have watched recently ..... their limitations are obvious.

In saying that about the players ..... I still will hold judgement on PC .... for this season.

But next season when he has his own team ...... that's when we will find out what PC is really made of .... and wether he can move us up a level and take us forward.

Happy fishing ..... :p:

:UK:

3 hours ago, Carsons Dog said:

Not only was the physical aspect disappointing yesterday but we didn't play a high enough tempo again

The 2nd half was a complete lottery

We could have won 5-1 and we could have just as easily lost 5-1

That was a massive gamble by the manager and whilst I welcome  early subs in an effort to change games I think that could have backfired against a better team

I actually suspect we've learned nothing from that yesterday 

As the manager said, he was forced into making those substitution at half time due to illness and injury. I wonder why he didn't bring on Senderos, though, as he was the only defender on the bench. 

Three defenders being injured and having to be replaced is an exceptional circumstance so no-one can predict how Warburton would have dealt with it. My critique of Pedro is that maybe starting with two full backs not 100% fit was a mistake. He definitely called it wrong to have Senderos on the bench,as for him not to have came on after yesterday's circumstances tells you the ball boys had a better chance of being thrown a jersey. 

4 hours ago, Carsons Dog said:

I work with a Mexican Le Tigres fan who really wanted Caixinha to manage his team when he was in Mexico. I mentioned our fans had had enough of Warburton's 4-3-3 tactics and he mentioned another manager who got severe stick for doing exactly the same thing as Warburton, but after about 3 years this manager's tactics paid off and they began to win everything (can't remember the name of the manager or team). There's no way MW could've got the time at Rangers to carry out his plan, but if NF keep a hold of him for a couple of years it'll be interesting to see if he can improve them significantly.

6 hours ago, Carsons Dog said:

Given how Motherwell played and how well their new manager, who would undoubtedly have tactically outdone MW, done, i think it's fair to assume we may well have lost it.