Executive Club

Guest Lloyd72

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Yawn.

Nobody's interested in this pish,get a team on the park that's deserving of the jersey to start with then worry about this guff.

This is how you bring in advertisers, this is how the commercial dept grows & with it, funds into the club and which allows the club to grow

Honestly, if you can't see that stuff like this is vital to the future success of our club .. well, I suggest you educate yourself a little.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Fair enough mate .... we obviously differ in our opinions ..... I would just be glad to see the team winning ... but when they get beat, I couldn't give two fucks about how nice the match day experience was prior to kickoff ..... as a defeat or draw would soon wipe out any lasting memory of having a nice pre matchday experience.

Way way down the list of what I would consider as important ..... but if it is a priority for you ..... that even winning would not be enough enjoyment for you .... then I can't help you mate .... and just hope the entertainment is of a sufficient caliber to see you home happy .... regardless of our results on the pitch .... :p:

:UK:

Winning comes first, obviously.

But the matchday experience is important too, especially so for kids and visitors (not away fans). I just want us to be a progressive, modern club. We're so far behind and stuff like this is a, small, step in the right direction.

Read once too many times about people bringing visitors to Ibrox this season and them being shocked at how shite the atmosphere was. 

9 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Fair enough mate .... we obviously differ in our opinions ..... I would just be glad to see the team winning ... but when they get beat, I couldn't give two fucks about how nice the match day experience was prior to kickoff ..... as a defeat or draw would soon wipe out any lasting memory of having a nice pre matchday experience.

Way way down the list of what I would consider as important ..... but if it is a priority for you ..... that even winning would not be enough enjoyment for you .... then I can't help you mate .... and just hope the entertainment is of a sufficient caliber to see you home happy .... regardless of our results on the pitch .... :p:

I agree.  I'm a very bad loser when it comes to Rangers not winning games.  I'm a very bad loser in commercial deals too........it was my job for many years to win the best deals and even when bits of them turned out not to be good I still remain a bad loser about those bits.   Too intense?  Maybe.  But I built a very successful career on applying a sole priority importance on achieving winning deals.    That's not to say that counterparties did not do well out of deals - the point is the deal objectives were met and deals were signed and projects implemented to deliver the outcomes the company wanted from the deal.    

The whole dumbing down last season of 2nd being good enough and a wishy washy Warburton leadership were not my view of what the Club needed.   I may have been wrong - and there are very few absolute rights and wrongs on these matters - but unless there is a hardcore intensity of priority at the Club about instilling and achieving winning ways then these sorts of Exec Club initiatives are all very well but absolutely of secondary importance.   Distractions.  That's my view and the one thing I agreed with Warburton on was that football is all about opinions.

Just now, PRW. said:

Winning comes first, obviously.

But the matchday experience is important too, especially so for kids and visitors (not away fans). I just want us to be a progressive, modern club. We're so far behind and stuff like this is a, small, step in the right direction.

Read once too many times about people bringing visitors to Ibrox this season and them being shocked at how shite the atmosphere was. 

You are talking about something that would greatly improve if the performances on the park also greatly improved mate.

Hate to bring up the past ... but only two seasons ago the crowds were vastly reduced due to the lack of the then players being able to give us the matchday experience we as supporters deserved. 

So whatever the pre matchday experience this new venture (If successful) unfolds ... it will not affect the mood of the crowd or improve it like a successful winning team will.

Call me old fashioned ... but I honestly go to see our team winning games mate ... meeting and greeting and having a wee social are also important ... but not as important as seeing us win.

When did we ever really give a toss what casual visitors think about the atmosphere at Ibrox? ..... to be honest what I have said above might help them change their minds ... if I was bothered ... which I'm not.

35 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

As a former commercial director for some organisations I'm the last person to want to chase away commercial revenues.  Provided the business case shows an acceptable return being made in a quick period of time and the investment costs are affordable.   Part of that business case and affordability consideration would be what other alternative uses could the investment money be used for and why is this case so compelling that it deserves the investment money and the risk that goes with launching the venture.     Also, what is the tank busting case for the customer this project being implemented.     The Club has clearly concluded that its worthwhile doing.  I'm more concerned right now about seeing a very much improved team on the pitch.  If whatever money the Club is spending on Exec Club could have been to better use in contributing to better quality players arriving then all I'm saying is it would be a case of cart being put before horse.   First things first as the saying goes.   The issue for me will become clearer when I see the names of the players arriving - they sure had better be as Pedro indicated - a big improvement on this season.  

The other thing about these sorts of ventures is the timing of the press releases.   Unless there was a compelling reason to make a statement today it might have played a whole lot better to have been announced once players had been signed so that it clearly was a case of first things first.

People have, quite rightly, been shouting for the club to develop it's commercial activity. This suggests some activity on that front. Uniform short termism would be incredibly short sighted. Saying that nothing should be done on the commercial side to develop income streams until the team is sorted isn't a point of view we'd have seen previously. Even in recent seasons when it's been a struggle. I suspect people's biases are showing.

Commercial activity should not stop because the team requires investment. This may not even be costing any significant amount of money, anything that would make much of a difference to anything on the playing side anyway. It may be generating enough that it's pretty much instantly paying for itself, we don't know. Really, if you're going to have a go at the commercial department behaving like a commercial department, you might want to write to the club and find out exactly what the expenditure is and what it's expected to generate. Or wait till the AGM and ask then. Auto piloting to cynicism (which is what your first post sounded like, it didn't sound like an open minded critique in the slightest) about a cash generating activity is unfair. People have also in recent times moaned about match day experience, which this also seeks to address a little. This Board appear to have major failings, but it seem that whatever they do they are criticised for it. It makes the criticism hard to take seriously sometimes. 

2 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Only at Rangers could the club taking steps to make the fans match day experience a little better be frowned upon, mocked and even ridiculed and dismissed. We all know we need a better product on the park. The club know this too, that's why we have a new manager and will almost certainly have a new team come the start of the season. Small steps guys. Poco poco. 

Because the current blazers would think this is more important than a winning team on the field. 

15 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I agree.  I'm a very bad loser when it comes to Rangers not winning games.  I'm a very bad loser in commercial deals too........it was my job for many years to win the best deals and even when bits of them turned out not to be good I still remain a bad loser about those bits.   Too intense?  Maybe.  But I built a very successful career on applying a sole priority importance on achieving winning deals.    That's not to say that counterparties did not do well out of deals - the point is the deal objectives were met and deals were signed and projects implemented to deliver the outcomes the company wanted from the deal.    

The whole dumbing down last season of 2nd being good enough and a wishy washy Warburton leadership were not my view of what the Club needed.   I may have been wrong - and there are very few absolute rights and wrongs on these matters - but unless there is a hardcore intensity of priority at the Club about instilling and achieving winning ways then these sorts of Exec Club initiatives are all very well but absolutely of secondary importance.   Distractions.  That's my view and the one thing I agreed with Warburton on was that football is all about opinions.

:tu:

Yes mate .... when you are accustomed to using your accumulated skills to produce results that are beneficial to both parties ... it is hard to accept anything less than success.

It is the same with football .... only with a winning mentality, combined with .... in our case .... the necessary funds to put in place a team capable of achieving the top spot.

I am also a very bad loser .... even if I manage to pick Rangers on a football card and some other team come first ... it pisses me off .... :lol:

So this new venture may or may not bring some urgently needed inward financial investment to the commercial side of the Club ..... but if any surplus funds made are to be ploughed back into making the Executive Club survive and become profitable ... then this article is not what most supporters want to hear at this time ... as no funds will be forwarded in the direction of the team .... and as you say ..... it is of secondary importance to having a successful team to look forward to.

2 hours ago, Ace said:

This is how you bring in advertisers, this is how the commercial dept grows & with it, funds into the club and which allows the club to grow

Honestly, if you can't see that stuff like this is vital to the future success of our club .. well, I suggest you educate yourself a little.

They could play Tiffany during the adverts,yer taigy missus will like that

Suppose there is some logic - drive interest in the club/less interested supporters but that surely only works if that interest generates revenue? 

We will sell max STs and merch deal is shit so don't get the logic of this statzone pish - surely only makes sense if it actually increases turnover? 

20 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

They could play Tiffany during the adverts,yer taigy missus will like that

Catholic .. not taigy.

Where as you're a cunt that will always be a cunt.

20 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

Suppose there is some logic - drive interest in the club/less interested supporters but that surely only works if that interest generates revenue? 

We will sell max STs and merch deal is shit so don't get the logic of this statzone pish - surely only makes sense if it actually increases turnover? 

If fans engage with it then advertisers will want to put there brand in front of 50k every other saturday.

The more we engage the more attractive it becomes attractive to people who'll want to pay for that opportunity 

48 minutes ago, Ace said:

If fans engage with it then advertisers will want to put there brand in front of 50k every other saturday.

The more we engage the more attractive it becomes attractive to people who'll want to pay for that opportunity 

That's true actually, and allows social media/online advertising 

6 hours ago, FSM said:

Matters not a jot if we're still watching dross on the field.

Not sure if you've misunderstood the concept... There will now be GRAPHS to liven up the march experience! There could be bar graphs, pie charts and all sorts! 

The old ABC with the scores ,and fixtures in the programme will never be surpassed.

The beauty of the white washed walls round the track and the wee blue cars positioned so that the half time scores could be seen is still iconic.

Thats when we had a board that maintained the stadium and put a team on the park.

Heres the macaroon, heres the spearmint.

3 hours ago, Ace said:

Cunts arent going to spend fortunes advertising at the 3rd best team in Scotland though no matter how big we are, exposure is everything and winning trophies/champions league participation is the big thing 

24 minutes ago, Davhow said:

Not sure if you've misunderstood the concept... There will now be GRAPHS to liven up the march experience! There could be bar graphs, pie charts and all sorts! 

Could we have an electronic pie chart where we can register how pish our pies are on a touchscreen?

Maybe we could get McGhees tae frig and bring in Loyalist pies from somewhere like Christies of Airdrie.

Just another idea.

4 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

Correct.

Old world thinking maybe, but this is the same sort of smoke & mirrors distraction as the 'director of football'.

Time to launch this was on the back of a successful (ish) promotion season, not when we've finished a distant third, are clearing out half (or more) of a team & haven't a clue who, if anybody, will be wearing the colours next season.

3 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Correct.

Old world thinking maybe, but this is the same sort of smoke & mirrors distraction as the 'director of football'.

Time to launch this was on the back of a successful (ish) promotion season, not when we've finished a distant third, are clearing out half (or more) of a team & haven't a clue who, if anybody, will be wearing the colours next season.

We should cut them some slack. Full ST money is going on the squad. Dave and the Board are going to fund the rest. Maybe why Gilligan bailed out.

2 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

We should cut them some slack. Full ST money is going on the squad. Dave and the Board are going to fund the rest. Maybe why Gilligan bailed out.

Hmmm...

The one area in which the board can consider themselves truly successful.

Separating supporters from their ST money!

3 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Hmmm...

The one area in which the board can consider themselves truly successful.

Separating supporters from their ST money!

Well he has said ST money is going on the squad. He cant always get itvwrong surely:hmmm: