Time To Back The Manager.

Lets ignore the manager in charge, what is the bare minimum for the first 6 games leading up to the scum game?

Can we accept being behind them before we play and if so by how much?

For me dropping any more than 2 points is a failure in our first 6 games.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I'm not going to boo him or anything but for me he's nowhere near good enough.

The manager is the most important employee in the club. Players can flourish or stagnate depending on his attributes. A clear example is Delia/Rodgers. 

Rodgers is on big money - allegedly around 3m a year but i consider that an investment because all he has to do is to develop/improve one player and flog him to the prem - Delia couldnt, he can. I dont think Pedro can either. 

Mcinnes or Moyes for me 

Last season Moyes looked to me like a man who's best years in management where well behind him. I think it's looking inevitable that one day McIness will one day be manager of Rangers; unless of course something would happen to the club, in terms of investment, that would allow us to go for someone with a higher profile.

I totally agree with the sentiment. We all have our doubts and those doubts are completely understandable but it won't help if we are all not behind the team. I get the feeling that some are actually hoping that we do fail so they can say "I said he was shite months ago". We need to show a united front and give the manager and players our full backing.

2 hours ago, gmcf said:

Good post . 

If you look at guys like Souness ( who lost his first two league games ) and Advocaat ( who won 3 of his first 7 league games ) then you realise how difficult it is as a new manager . 

I think the danger is with the way things are right now with a lot of folk calling for his head  , is PC not being able to express himself and play a damage limitation game in fear of defeat . It's probably the worst thing he could do ,  but when you're under pressure it's probably a natural instinct . 

Thats why it's important to back him , show patience , let him play his game and see how we stand at Christmas or over the course of the season . 

I could live until xmas but I think end of September we should know.

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He should have resigned when we lost 5-1 at home to Celtic got knocked out by the 4th best team from Luxembourg in the Europa League.

I'll support the team as usual but I won't be getting behind the manager. What does that even mean anyway? Am I supposed to sing a song for him at the game?

Exactly. If his team score goals and win games, the fans will clap and cheer. If he loses goals and games, the fans will boo. It's entirely in his hands. If/when he fucks it, it won't be because the fans didn't "back him".

1 hour ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I'm not going to boo him or anything but for me he's nowhere near good enough.

The manager is the most important employee in the club. Players can flourish or stagnate depending on his attributes. A clear example is Delia/Rodgers. 

Rodgers is on big money - allegedly around 3m a year but i consider that an investment because all he has to do is to develop/improve one player and flog him to the prem - Delia couldnt, he can. I dont think Pedro can either. 

Mcinnes or Moyes for me 

Moyes???????

46 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

People saying we need to be patient, we're not in a position to be patient. Every season we waste the harder it gets to catch up with the filth.

And every knee-jerk reaction we make makes it a less and less attractive job to managers.

Just now, The Dude said:

And every knee-jerk reaction we make makes it a less and less attractive job to managers.

Don't agree, if we were going for top managers then yes but the type of manager we will be aiming for I don't think would turn it down because of that.

Don't think it's knee jerk anyway.

Just now, Frank Harrison said:

Don't agree, if we were going for top managers then yes but the type of manager we will be aiming for I don't think would turn it down because of that.

Don't think it's knee jerk anyway.

You don't think binning a manager two weeks before the league season begins is a knee-jerk?

Just now, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Was Van Gaal shite too. How's Mourinho doing?  Was Rodgers shite at Liverpool. Was Moyes shite at Everton! 

van Gaal wasn't great, no. Mourinho hasn't been brilliant but at least got them into the CL and lifted a European trophy.

Rodgers was shite at Liverpool. Which is why he got the sack and couldn't get a sniff of a decent job.

Moyes done well at Everton but has since been wank at United, Real Sociedad and Sunderland.