No more strikers?

Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could take it either way tbh. Just depends on your outlook but my personal opinion is if we don't get a confirmed, guaranteed 20-goal a season striker in we will be in trouble.

As someone else said yesterday (and they're correct) we are literally a couple of players away from potentially being a good team again and a good goalscorer is one of them.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Could take it either way tbh. Just depends on your outlook but my personal opinion is if we don't get a confirmed, guaranteed 20-goal a season striker in we will be in trouble.

As someone else said yesterday (and they're correct) we are literally a couple of players away from potentially being a good team again and a good goalscorer is one of them.

A goalscorer, a Winger, a couple of full backs and our team could be competitive imo 

Guest Lloyd72

I bet Jamie Murphy would be available on loan and would jump at the chance to play for us. Proven goalscorer in this league with a decent bit of pace on him. I'd love us to go for him.

I still think sellic have a fair bit more quality than us in an attacking sense. I think the two signings need to be of a good quality rather than depth fillers if we're going to have a chance.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

I still think sellic have a fair bit more quality than us in an attacking sense. I think the two signings need to be of a good quality rather than depth fillers if we're going to have a chance.

I just think they have better strikers. Every time I look at their midfield I think they are nothing special. But their strikers are clinical.  We need to flood the midfield when we play them. The last year of playing 433 just played right into their nappy ripping hands.

All our hopes rely on Morelos because I don't see Herrera being it. Herrera seems missing every game whereas Morelos seems to be more involved and getting chances. Not writing either off yet but more hopeful with Morelos. 

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Correct. 

We need our own Griffiths to stand a realistic chance of competing IMO. 

and they don't come cheap, unless we get lucky.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, Broxi said:

All our hopes rely on Morelos because I don't see Herrera being it. Herrera seems missing every game whereas Morelos seems to be more involved and getting chances. Not writing either off yet but more hopeful with Morelos. 

I'd like to see what Herrera could do with someone playing off him instead of isolating him like Miller did, don't think he'll be prolific but I think he could do the donkey work so a player like Morelos can be prolific.

3 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I'd like to see what Herrera could do with someone playing off him instead of isolating him like Miller did, don't think he'll be prolific but I think he could do the donkey work so a player like Morelos can be prolific.

Agreed

7 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

I just think they have better strikers. Every time I look at their midfield I think they are nothing special. But their strikers are clinical.  We need to flood the midfield when we play them. The last year of playing 433 just played right into their nappy ripping hands.

IMO McGregor, the flasher and Armstrong have come on leaps and bounds under Brenda. Combine that with the two strikers, Rogic and Sinclair and they have alot of goals in them from alot of different sources from attacking midfield onwards. We just don't have that same breadth of offensive quality yet.

25 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Who do we go for though that can give us the goals? We have a 3.5m striker nearly ready on the bench sorry he should be getting beasted and playing every game.

Just now, Band of Brothers said:

Who do we go for though that can give us the goals? We have a 3.5m striker nearly ready on the bench sorry he should be getting beasted and playing every game.

I could be wooshed here mate but who's the 3.5-million striker we've on the bench nearly ready? 

32 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

People keep saying we need another striker which is a polite way of saying Hererra and Morelos don't look up to the job. Bottom line is that if we're correct about Pedro's forwards then he'll not last the season. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

1-million. 

My bad but if I am not wrong he is full international with a point to prove? What is stopping him being ready to start as I think Miller as much as he can score needs replaced and should be a 20min sub now he has done his bit for us not the younger striker who is wanting to prove himself.

BTW who was 3.5m was it Herrera?

2 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

People keep saying we need another striker which is a polite way of saying Hererra and Morelos don't look up to the job. Bottom line is that if we're correct about Pedro's forwards then he'll not last the season. 

He will be a gonner by the October international break.

1 minute ago, ianferguson said:

Exactly, as it stands Morelos has only had a couple of late sub appearances. Let's wait until he has an extended run I the team before writing him off!

3 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

It's not a slate on Herrera (for me anyway) as he's never been prolific. He's obviously been brought in as a link-up man up top which is fine.

Regarding Morelos he was always going to be a gamble. He may find a goalscoring touch and he may not, but IMO he is a gamble worth taking - the issue would be putting all your eggs in one basket with him if he's not upto scratch and then we've not got the goalscorer we need. Unforgiveable especially if we only have budget for 2 more signings and we make it McLean and Walker who for all they are decent players, we need a goalscorer a lot, lot more. 

5 minutes ago, Band of Brothers said:

My bad but if I am not wrong he is full international with a point to prove? What is stopping him being ready to start as I think Miller as much as he can score needs replaced and should be a 20min sub now he has done his bit for us not the younger striker who is wanting to prove himself.

BTW who was 3.5m was it Herrera?

I've seen some news outlets reporting the Pena fee to be around 3m

Just now, duffy2391 said:

I've seen some news outlets reporting the Pena fee to be around 3m

Yeah got it wrong just checked and Morelos is a Columbiam u20 with 6app 0 goals but Pena full Mexican International with 19 app 2 goals not to hot tbh.

I was lazy asking @K.A.I sorry mate that time of night but do you think these guys will produce?