No more strikers?

Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we don't get a good striker in we'll be struggling for 2nd again.

A team can live without a main striker hitting 25-30 goals a season if they have goals coming from all over but from what we have now doesn't fill me with confidence.

1 minute ago, Band of Brothers said:

Yeah got it wrong just checked and Morelos is a Columbiam u20 with 6app 0 goals but Pena full Mexican International with 19 app 2 goals not to hot tbh.

I was lazy asking @K.A.I sorry mate that time of night but do you think these guys will produce?

I think Herrera will do just fine as a link-up forward. Morelos I'm literally 50-50 on tbh. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I think Herrera will do just fine as a link-up forward. Morelos I'm literally 50-50 on tbh. 

If you could choose our main striker now who would you stick with? We have to put faith in the new guys Miller is not the answer this season and I really fear he is going to be our main striker.

2 minutes ago, Band of Brothers said:

If you could choose our main striker now who would you stick with? We have to put faith in the new guys Miller is not the answer this season and I really fear he is going to be our main striker.

If to pick right now then Miller and Herrera.

I can't go certain with an unknown (Morelos)

Just now, ianferguson said:

Seems like a contradiction to me Kai, you either think Hererra is up to the job or not caus surely we're not going to play the tims with Hererra and another striker. 

Right ..

I said at the start we need a 20-goal a season striker to be successful. 

Asked about Herrera I said he'll do OK as a link-up striker.

I never once advocated only playing Herrera upfront himself and relying on him to score the goals because it won't happen.

I was asked by Band Of Brothers a couple of posts ago (unless I've misunderstood is question) which out of our forwards if I had to go with who would I chose and I said Herrera and Miller. That's not me thinking they will bang in all the goals we need, but as I'm only 50-50 on Morelos and Dodoo isn't upto much they were the obvious choice.

You then said we need more than Herrera.

I agreed.

You said I sound like a contradiction and I said I'm telling you again to refer to my initial point about me saying we need a goalscorer to have a chance.

Hope that clears it up. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Right ..

I never once advocated only playing Herrera upfront himself and relying on him to score the goals because it won't happen.

I was asked by Band Of Brothers a couple of posts ago (unless I've misunderstood is question) which out of our forwards if I had to go with who would I chose and I said Herrera and Miller. That's not me thinking they will bang in all the goals we need, but as I'm only 50-50 on Morelos and Dodoo isn't upto much they were the obvious choice.

I agreed.

You said I sound like a contradiction and I said I'm telling you again to refer to my initial point about me saying we need a goalscorer to have a chance.

Hope that clears it up. 

I think the problem we have is we don't actually know yet if we have the 20+ striker yet and we are all guessing hence Miller 1st choice the now but until a few others are given the chance how will we know and rest a bit easier.

Honestly I would go on a limb and buy that Mault just cause he showed he can get in about it and has a record of scoring in SPL. I will take flak for that one!

Would love for us to really push the boat out and go for a goalscorer even on loan, Walker, and a full back again even on loan depending on what happens with the goalscorer.

I understand we can't spend millions upon millions in one season but I think going that extra mile, even by taking that extra money spent off the budget for jan and next year partially would really bring us on another level entirely.

feel we lack a wide man with pace and end product (can't rely on Candeias every week as if he's ronaldo) and someone who can finish chances routinely and just a game changing star attacker in general, a full back is also a must as I think it's a bit of a myth Tav and Wallace are all that great going forward nevermind defensively especially against bigger sides.

Walker, Naismith, Layun, Jamie Murphy types is what we should be looking for, none of the Moult bang average type pish, we need to push the unwashed this season and create foundations for success, could guarantee if Pedro brings in Walker, a striker or a quality attacker and a full back it could be the difference between him being Rangers manager next season due to success rather than a strong, tame, second or possibly even a disappointing campaign due to our poor full back, wing and striking options (in terms of depth and ability to win games)

hope we fucking go for it and shut they tarrier cunts up, the meltdown will be fantastic when it does happen eventually.

1 minute ago, Band of Brothers said:

I think the problem we have is we don't actually know yet if we have the 20+ striker yet and we are all guessing hence Miller 1st choice the now but until a few others are given the chance how will we know and rest a bit easier.

Honestly I would go on a limb and buy that Mault just cause he showed he can get in about it and has a record of scoring in SPL. I will take flak for that one!

You are right we don't know yet if Morelos will be a 20-goal striker but the question you asked me was who would I go with if I had to pick this moment in time and I'd have to pump for Herrera and Miller because I wouldn't rest all my hopes on an unkown whereas you know what you will get with Miller and Herrera.

I've always said that Morelos might just be one away from going on a scoring rampage - that happens with some strikers.

But to flip it, if we put all our eggs in one basket with him and rely heavily on him for the goals and he's not upto it then we're in trouble and we've neglected things. 

Unless Pedro has earmarked Walker for a striking position? 

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Right ..

I agreed.

Hope that clears it up. 

You've cleared it up nicely, now I understand you think Hererra ain't capable of 20 goals a season and therefore he's a luxury Pedro can't afford. Pedro told us he had signed his first choices and so far he's went with Hererra and that'll only change when he fails to hit the net on a regular basis. Imo Hererra won't cut it and we'll suffer badly as a result which is disappointing as we seem to have a good defence and midfield. Can't wait to be proved wrong starting tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Lloyd72 said:

I bet Jamie Murphy would be available on loan and would jump at the chance to play for us. Proven goalscorer in this league with a decent bit of pace on him. I'd love us to go for him.

5- goals in four seasons at M'well is hardly what we need, besides MURPHY???

Folk talk about a 20 goal a season striker, if we play to Herrara's strengths and play 2 up top I feel confident he'll score that many.  

2 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

You've cleared it up nicely, now I understand you think Hererra ain't capable of 20 goals a season and therefore he's a luxury Pedro can't afford. Pedro told us he had signed his first choices and so far he's went with Hererra and that'll only change when he fails to hit the net on a regular basis. Imo Hererra won't cut it and we'll suffer badly as a result which is disappointing as we seem to have a good defence and midfield. Can't wait to be proved wrong starting tomorrow. 

That's fair enough but if we are playing 4-4-2 I think you can get away with a Herrera-type as one of your two provided the other one is a poacher. 

If you don't rate him that's fair enough also.

I'm not meaning to sound like I think he's great, I just mean he's alright. I don't get the hate for him, he's done OK in my eyes but aye there's no way he will fire us the goals to win the Championship. 

Really hoping to see Herrera and Morelos dispatched together soon, as mentioned earlier, the role Herrera seems to take up is totally ineffective when he's left isolated, Morelos looks like he'll be quite a selfish player. It would be good to have Herrera occupying space in the back line and allowing Morelos to break away. He's got a decent stride Herrera also and covers a fair amount of ground deceptively quick, I think this could work well if Morelos either wants to take a passing option or fires straight at the keeper creating a chance from a rebound.

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Right ..

I agreed.

Hope that clears it up. 

As clear as mud in a puddle of pish??

Although I have to admit that, even I got exactly what you meant first time round, which doesn't happen very often. That is more my fault, most of the time, than anyone else's. 

I'm just so happy I got it right 1st time, and others didn't.??

Pena imo is always going to be attacking midfielder. I dont think herrera and miller will work as kenny is away running about like s headless chicken all over the park. We need to give morelos/herrera a chance to see what they can do together. Hopefully starting tonight. 

I think it is a big risk to hope Morelos will get 20+ goals a season . He is still very young and inexperienced. I hope we are going about our business quietly and bring in a 20+ goal striker probably on loan before the end of the window. If we get one and also Walker that would be a really good transfer window for us . McLean we can sign on a pre-contract during the next window. The next stage of the team building after that should be at full back with defensively sound RB and LB signed .