No more strikers?

Guest Lloyd72

Cannot get goals and strikers on the cheap. We have to score as a team and build on defence I'm afraid. Still, if Waghorn can get 16 goals in a season (no disrespect) then I would hope some of our current players can step up. What are tim strikers market value?...............out of our league in money terms at the moment.  We ain't buying a top striker.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, OhW said:

I took it as him saying we need to control the game when we're ahead, and not allow teams to pressurise us with constant balls into the box like Motherwell did. 

If he takes us back to Warburton-esque toothless possession there will be hell to pay.

I think it's safe to say Pedro won't play the tippy tappy shite warbs played.

we some a lot me pact and direct this season 

Struggle to understand the writing off for Herrera so early on. He's there to link up the play and will set up probably more goals than he scores.

Reminds me a bit of Graziano Pelle with his build and link up play. He wasn't prolific at all until he went to Feyenoord and started to bang them in. Sometimes it takes players until later on in their career to click, hopefully same thing happens with EH.

15 minutes ago, Spliffy said:

What's Stevie May up to these days?? Agree with posts about Morelos, easing him in and could be one goal away from banging them in, but can't rely on one 20 year old for the challenge we have to put up. 

He's not kicked a ball in 2 years. 

Would anyone take Adam Rooney? Think his contract runs out next year. He's not top quality, but he has previously got 20+ goals in the SPFL in multiple seasons...

Whether Herrera, Miller and Morelos are good enough or not which is a different debate, having only three strikers in your squad when you seem to going with a formation with two strikers is ludicrous in itself.

If we aren't bringing anyone else in selling Waghorn, Garner and letting Hardie go out on loan is a horrendous decision. At least one should have stayed.

I still think we could have done with spending the Pena money on a decent striker who'd get you the 20 goals a season.

I think he might be happy with the fowards though, he's got a couple of men he wanted in Herrera and Morelos, obviously Morelos in his eyes is the goalscorer with Herrera grabbing a few but linking up with the midfield who I imagine he's going to expect more goals from. He's then got Kenny. If he can get another striker on loan then we might be alright, however going into the season with 2 unknowns and an 38yr old Kenny doesn't really fill me with much hope.  

Guest Lloyd72
10 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

He's not kicked a ball in 2 years. 

Would anyone take Adam Rooney? Think his contract runs out next year. He's not top quality, but he has previously got 20+ goals in the SPFL in multiple seasons...

He's awful tbh, good enough for Aberdeen but not for us.

Guest Lloyd72
4 minutes ago, Finny said:

Aye and only has another 23 to get business done.

What were you expecting him to do in the last week ffs, he's already done well apparently getting 1million for Waghorn, we are only in for 2 other players according to Pedro and neither teams are dealing with us because they're bitter cunts.

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

What were you expecting him to do in the last week ffs, he's already done well apparently getting 1million for Waghorn, we are only in for 2 other players according to Pedro and neither teams are dealing with us because they're bitter cunts.

Couple of loans from man city would be a not bad start. 

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Finny said:

Couple of loans from man city would be a not bad start. 

If we get any loans it'll be near the end of the window when PL teams know who is and isn't in their plans.

3 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

If we get any loans it'll be near the end of the window when PL teams know who is and isn't in their plans.

Your probably right mate. Just being impatient now due to the start of the transfer window and thinking we could be a couple of signings away from being a cracking team. 

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Said weeks ago we needed a top striker and it's even more evident now. 

Morelos is still a potential signing, Miller shouldn't be starting every week and Herrera looks hopeless. This whole he can hold up the ball win things in the air and doesn't need to score goals is nonsense. His jumping is woeful, his hold up play is non existent and he will be lucky to get 10 league goals. Garner would have been a better option and offered more and I never rated him. Waste of million or so.

Herrera is a massive concern for me .Does not look good enough and the ball will be coming back more than being held up I feel .Hope I'm wrong but he looks the worst of the new players 

2 hours ago, Ryan_1 said:

Whether Herrera, Miller and Morelos are good enough or not which is a different debate, having only three strikers in your squad when you seem to going with a formation with two strikers is ludicrous in itself.

If we aren't bringing anyone else in selling Waghorn, Garner and letting Hardie go out on loan is a horrendous decision. At least one should have stayed.

Disagree, we done unbelievably well to get shot of Waghorn and Garner for 2m.

Both were fuckin hopeless. Hardie wouldnt have got the games, can't stunt his development.

Does seem a strange decision not to bring in 4th striker. Puts more pressure on midfield to chip in. Something we've lacked for a long time. 

It's frustrating look even at Hibs last night. They sign Stokes as a striker 2 goals last night, that wee Murray dude something like 6/7 goals already.

Even Lafferty at Hearts has got 4 or something.

I know Hibs and Hearts have been playing teams like Partick Thistle, Ayr, Dunfermline while we've played some good teams in friendlies and a European tie but the luck we have, if we played the teams Hearts and Hibs did, do you think Morelos and Herrera would be racking up the goals the same way? I've my doubts.