Rangers Picture Thread

3 hours ago, Don54 said:

As I explained after I posted it on page 9, " Rangers football club hold a Centenary game against Arsenal in August 1973 " :whistle: also posted more pics from it too?

As soon as I seen you had quoted me I said, you’ve posted another one of his pics again, ya dopey bastard!

9 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Does anyone know the story behind this pic?

image.thumb.png.475bf8577efc72b6e6779a2a11a327d0.png

I think it was Coisty and Gazza  having a laugh while promoting Richard Gough's testimonial

Rangers 3 Arsenal 0 - McCoist (15), Van Vossen (60) and  Albertz  (85)

gough_testimonial_programme30.jpg.73dfdfd30584adfbae45f787507d8db6.jpg

https://Rangers.co.uk/news/features/9iar20-richard-gough-testimonial/

5 hours ago, backup said:

The great Neilly Gibson looking remarkably like Bazza, but 100 times the player.

ngibson.jpg

He was a defender and unless you lived in the late 1800s then how the fuck would you know that :lol:, considering there is very little footage from that era.

You're even a moron in football threads, which is nice to see in a way

32 minutes ago, Don54 said:

I think it was Coisty and Gazza  having a laugh while promoting Richard Gough's testimonial

Rangers 3 Arsenal 0 - McCoist (15), Van Vossen (60) and  Albertz  (85)

gough_testimonial_programme30.jpg.73dfdfd30584adfbae45f787507d8db6.jpg

https://Rangers.co.uk/news/features/9iar20-richard-gough-testimonial/

Thank you. I was wondering why they were dressed the way they were. I do wish Ally and Gazza would write a book together of the funny things they got up to

On 14/07/2018 at 06:25, Rfc52 said:

He was a defender and unless you lived in the late 1800s then how the fuck would you know that :lol:, considering there is very little footage from that era.

You're even a moron in football threads, which is nice to see in a way

Nobody from the present could say how good he was all we can do is take the word of people from that era:  Former  Hibernian  manager  Willie McCartney  stated that Gibson was "The greatest of my,    and any generation following,    in Scottish football",  Steve Bloomer  of  Derby County  and England described him as "The greatest footballer I ever saw",    and Gibson's artistry led  Harry Wood  to dub him "Pavlova in football boots".    Still none said he was 100 times better than Bazza ?

9 minutes ago, Don54 said:

Nobody from the present could say how good he was all we can do is take the word of people from that era: Former Hibernian manager Willie McCartney stated that Gibson was "The greatest of my, and any generation following, in Scottish football", Steve Bloomer of Derby County and England described him as "The greatest footballer I ever saw", and Gibson's artistry led Harry Wood to dub him "Pavlova in football boots". Still none said he was 100 times better than Bazza ?

But it's like saying dani alves is 100 times better than Ian rush. Different era, no even the same positions but defo 100 times better :lol: