Last night showed why McInnes was the wrong choice for us

Thermopylae

He just never wins the big games and that's the last thing you want at a big a club. Look back 2 years when daila's team were disintegrating at the business end of the season aberdeen still managed to somehow drop more points than they did ... honestly it was actually easier for them to win the league that year than lose it and yet  they still managed to give that Norwegian duck egg another title  :britney:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Thermopylae said:

He just never wins the big games and that's the last thing you want at a big a club. Look back 2 years when daila's team were disintegrating at the business end of the season aberdeen still managed to somehow drop more points than they did ... honestly it was actually easier for themto win the league that year than lose it and yet  they still managed to give that Norwegian duck egg another title  

ffs :lol:

4 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

He just never wins the big games and that's the last thing you want at a big a club. Look back 2 years when daila's team were disintegrating at the business end of the season aberdeen still managed to somehow drop more points than they did ... honestly it was actually easier for themto win the league that year than lose it and yet  they still managed to give that Norwegian duck egg another title  :britney:

Where did our 25+ year record at Ibrox V Aberdeen go?

3 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

He just never wins the big games and that's the last thing you want at a big a club. Look back 2 years when daila's team were disintegrating at the business end of the season aberdeen still managed to somehow drop more points than they did ... honestly it was actually easier for themto win the league that year than lose it and yet  they still managed to give that Norwegian duck egg another title  :britney:

Some of our support will now accept a manager who is best at being second, they can't take a fucking AGM seriously or organise themselves and some are happy licking Kings ring piece.

Why not hear the cries for DM, he's a Rangers man, like we need more of them on board as they are all doing outstanding jobs in positions just now.

Well no that’s not true. 

His team crumbled instantly as Rangers reverted back to 10 years ago when they started with the intent of scoring 6 or 7, with a clear chance in the first 30 seconds. From that minute they were beat as they knew Rangers were right up for it and it wasn’t going to be one of those games where the diddy team turns up expecting a result

Their captain was anonymous, as was their star players who spent more time complaining to the ref. 

That game showed McInnes ability to change tactics completely mid-game. He reverted to a back 4 and they hemmed us in for a good bit of the second half before we killed it. 

The simple fact is regardless of what people think of our players, to a man their better than the players Aberdeen have. That isn’t McInnes fault

7 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

No, you're wrong.

He knows how to beat the rest of the teams in Scotland and I'm sure if he were here with better resources and knowing what the support here demands he would be able to beat the taigs.

Scottish football is at an all time low right now it really doesn't say much to be the second best team 

2 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Some of our support will now accept a manager who is best at being second, they can't take a fucking AGM seriously or organise themselves and some are happy licking Kings ring piece.

Why not hear the cries for DM, he's a Rangers man, like we need more of them on board as they are all doing outstanding jobs in positions just now.

Who do you think we should get in? Genuine question as maybe people have better suggestions.

Btw I thought the AGM was shite as usual and King and the board are a shower of cunts.

Now who would be better and an achievable appointment?

8 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Well no that’s not true. 

His team crumbled instantly as Rangers reverted back to 10 years ago when they started with the intent of scoring 6 or 7, with a clear chance in the first 30 seconds. From that minute they were beat as they knew Rangers were right up for it and it wasn’t going to be one of those games where the diddy team turns up expecting a result

Their captain was anonymous, as was their star players who spent more time complaining to the ref. 

That game showed McInnes ability to change tactics completely mid-game. He reverted to a back 4 and they hemmed us in for a good bit of the second half before we killed it. 

The simple fact is regardless of what people think of our players, to a man their better than the players Aberdeen have. That isn’t McInnes fault

I just don't think he's got it as a winner he had so many chances to put the filth away that season and just couldn't do it 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Who do you think we should get in? Genuine question as maybe people have better suggestions.

Btw I thought the AGM was shite as usual and King and the board are a shower of cunts.

Now who would be better and an achievable appointment?

I am going to wait until I get the cash for working on the boards behalf, but it will probably bounce like a kangaroo.

Not my job to name a replacement or my responsibility as a custodian to go searching for one. The little dick from SA can fucking do his own work.

Scottish football is at an all time low right now it really doesn't say much to be the second best team 

Aye but we aren't even close to currently being second best which says even more about us. 

I'm not one that finds our current situation in any way acceptable but I've accepted we fucked it something serious and we'll probably have to settle for securing second place for awhile. 

It's a difficult one.

We don't have the money to bring in a top quality European coach at the minute which would mean dropping down to mid level or lower level foreign manager who does not understand the Scottish game.

The money down south is astronomical so getting a gaffer from the EPL is out of the question which leaves another Warburton style gaffer who would be a massive risk or DM who knows about the Scottish game and can steady the ship over the next few years.

1 minute ago, Malvern said:

I am going to wait until I get the cash for working on the boards behalf, but it will probably bounce like a kangaroo.

Not my job to name a replacement or my responsibility as a custodian to go searching for one. The little dick from SA can fucking do his own work.

Aye, that's what I thought.

Ideally I would love a manager other than McInnes that would come in and start taking a fight to the taigs. It's not going to happen and ive came to terms with it probably being McInnes.

I just don't think he's got it as a winner he had so many chances to put the filth away that season and just couldn't do it 

I agree with that but you can’t hold that against him forever mate. Lets be honest if Aberdeen actually won the league in that climate it would have probably been their greatest ever achievement. 

He was never my first choice but he was better than many names mentioned bar MPH IMO. 

What he has going for him is consistency at beating the rest of the league, and with better quality at his disposal hopefully he can challenge them as well. His record against the tarriers is abysmal, yes I agree it’s a real problem IF it’s in the managers head, if not he comes here with a clean slate, better players and more resources. 

I think he’ll do it, I really do. 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Aye but we aren't even close to currently being second best which says even more about us. 

I'm not one that finds our current situation in any way acceptable but I've accepted we fucked it something serious and we'll probably have to settle for securing second place for awhile. 

So your answer is DM? :confused:

FFS away and have a word man.

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Aye, that's what I thought.

Ideally I would love a manager other than McInnes that would come in and start taking a fight to the taigs. It's not going to happen and ive came to terms with it probably being McInnes.

Aye it won't happen as we have fuck all investment.

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The last 3 managers have been dumplings so it's hardly surprising we aren't able to mount a challenge ... for now I just want competence in a manger is it too much to ask for? 

Just now, Malvern said:

So your answer is DM? :confused:

FFS away and have a word man.

Answer to what? Securing second place in the league as he has been doing with resources behind our own at Aberdeen? Yes, he is my answer to that.

We aren't getting a manager in that's going to challenge the taigs instantly, you'd be best going for a lie down if you think we are