Betfair are cunts

RDB14

I seen last night they had a 25% back promotion up to 250 pounds for losing bets.

I was gonna use skybet until I seen the above. I usually bet reasonably high stakes so the 25% was good insurance.

Anyway I deposited and bet £1,000 on Rangers -1 Vs Partick. My account was immediately suspended (can't withdraw or deposit) and they wanted a passport copy, photo of the bank card I deposited with and a photo of a bank statement with my UK address. I asked them to just void my bet and refund me as I didn't want to give them these personal documents.  They refused and said they would keep the money unless I provided all of this. So I did... They said they would review and come back to me.

So... I logged in just now and they have closed my account so I can't login and god knows where the £2,625 that was there after the Rangers game has disappeared to.  I have emailed them and they have said they will respond within 72 hours.  Done some googling and seems they done this to others before too.

Summary - fuck Betfair.

1 hour ago, RDB14 said:

I seen last night they had a 25% back promotion up to 250 pounds for losing bets.

I was gonna use skybet until I seen the above. I usually bet reasonably high stakes so the 25% was good insurance.

Anyway I deposited and bet £1,000 on Rangers -1 Vs Partick. My account was immediately suspended (can't withdraw or deposit) and they wanted a passport copy, photo of the bank card I deposited with and a photo of a bank statement with my UK address. I asked them to just void my bet and refund me as I didn't want to give them these personal documents.  They refused and said they would keep the money unless I provided all of this. So I did... They said they would review and come back to me.

So... I logged in just now and they have closed my account so I can't login and god knows where the £2,625 that was there after the Rangers game has disappeared to.  I have emailed them and they have said they will respond within 72 hours.  Done some googling and seems they done this to others before too.

Summary - fuck Betfair.

Phone them.

Also if you have Twitter shame them by posting it on their timeline.  They hate that shit 

31 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Phone them.

Also if you have Twitter shame them by posting it on their timeline.  They hate that shit 

Phoned them and they said I need to wait 72 hours. Already been blasting them on twitter!

28 minutes ago, GetToTheChoppa said:

They need 72 hours to verify your documents.

Settle down its Betfair, no a micky mouse bookie ffs.

Documents can be verified in seconds. I've stayed on live chat with coral and they done it.

They're at it cause he's won 

On 08/02/2018 at 12:09, theblueoysterbar said:

@RDB14 If you've done Rfc52's Twitter suggestion let me know, I'll ask some racing people to retweet.

On 07/02/2018 at 19:20, GetToTheChoppa said:

They need 72 hours to verify your documents.

Settle down its Betfair, no a micky mouse bookie ffs.

On 07/02/2018 at 19:50, Rfc52 said:

Documents can be verified in seconds. I've stayed on live chat with coral and they done it.

They're at it cause he's won 

On 07/02/2018 at 20:13, Mr Soprano said:

Never needed 72 hours to take the bet, did they?

All bookies are fly as fuck.

On 07/02/2018 at 20:24, GetToTheChoppa said:

Without doubt bookies are fly as fuck,but this is Betfair.

Probably had alot of new customers due to the promo.

Just saying OP should wait the 72 hours then kick up a fuck if they dont payout !!

On 08/02/2018 at 12:09, theblueoysterbar said:

@RDB14 If you've done Rfc52's Twitter suggestion let me know, I'll ask some racing people to retweet.

Aye so basically they have robbed me. For "business reasons" they have closed my account.  What an absolute bunch of fucking clowns.  They wouldn't even void the bet when I asked so you can guarantee they would have kept the £1k if Rangers had lost. Clowns.

IMG_20180209_184303.png

3 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

That’s a fucking disgrace.

I know. What the actual fuck. They make millions... Robbing fucks. The money doesn't really effect my life but that's not the fucking point... Its not like bookies struggle to make money.

5 hours ago, RDB14 said:

I know. What the actual fuck. They make millions... Robbing fucks. The money doesn't really effect my life but that's not the fucking point... Its not like bookies struggle to make money.

Pretty sure their is a some sort of ombudsman for betting that you could take your complaint to mate, Don't know if it would do any good or not but might be worth a try, Fucking disgusting what they done there, Good luck anyway bud

33 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Is there any reason they're doing that other than just to save 1600? 

Have you breached absolute any rule at all?

No rules breached. They are just being utter cunts.  Their attitude has made me want to take it further tbh. Gonna go down IBAS route tomorrow. Here's the latest of the conversation.

IMG_20180210_032252.png

IMG_20180210_032352.png

1 hour ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Are you still overseas, like your RM location says mate?

I'm based in multiple countries, at the time I was in the UK of course as my IP when registering will back up.

Regardless, they have clearly stated my documents were the problem.

2 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

I'm based in multiple countries, at the time I was in the UK of course as my IP when registering will back up.

Regardless, they have clearly stated my documents were the problem.

Was just wondering if some of your settings might have reported a non-UK IP to them at some point.