Harthill Loyalists

The Ibrox Derry

I know this has been uploaded on here many many times but it is without doubt one of the very best pieces of footage ever captured of our magnificent support. Manchester will never ever experience anything like it again. The largest Loyalist invasion into England in history. Even the Jacobite Army in 1745 had nothing like the numbers we had that day. It was the proudest day of my life as a Rangers supporter.(BTW iam not a Jacobite, the Bonnie Prince brought nothing but trouble and misery to Scotland and its people)

Memories like that remind you what a one off that day was. I knew Zenit had an outstanding team but I was convinced nothing would prevent us from lifting that trophy due to the outstanding level of support. I've never spoken to anybody who travelled to that game who wasn't blown away with the scenes down there. 

Even the stinging pain of defeat that night was not enough to dilute the joyous celebrations we all enjoyed in the build up. 

Us fans deserved that trophy ? 

The team on the day sadly couldn’t contain zenit, the few days build up in Manchester an before kickoff  is without doubt the best experience I’ll get following Rangers for a long time, possibly forever but from just after halftime onwards the atmosphere turned sour an by full time it was like a war zone. cars an police vans abandoned in the streets I was with 8 other bears an we just got to fuck back to our hotel on the outskirts of the city centre an seen the news filtering in about the madness that ensued next

even the coppers were sound for the few days before the game, we were punting a football into the air in the fanzone (the one with the dodgy screen) an tbh it was dangerous there was a few ppl I saw getting wiped out when it was coming down an they never seen it anyway it landed next to a copper near us an we were thinking that’s it over he’ll stop that now but to our astonishment he picked it up an punted it high into the air ?

i don’t like thinking about the game or the events after it, both were depressing but the build up was unbelievable!

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

:lol:

I don’t even know why I bothered picking up on that mate. Bad day yesterday 

You had a point though. We Scots forget that we are an International club with supporters in every country around the globe, not just here in old parochial Scotland ha.