Gerrard (suggested) to play v Helsinki

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Oh so we knew the weather was going to be bad at Cowdenbeath when we arranged the Helsinki game, that’s some crystal ball we have. 

You could also argue that a bounce game against Helsinki is pointless for match sharpness. 

You do know that weather records are kept? 

Average temps for Jan at 2 degrees which is the lowest of the year and one of the highest months for rainfall.

Not that hard to see that weather could affect a match on a pitch which I'll presume has no undersoil heating and probably poor drainage.

Just now, The Dude said:

No but given it's the only fixture we are scheduled to play in Jan that doesn't take place on a pitch with undersoil heating/artificial pitch - not to mention somewhere that has pretty woeful facilities - it's not a massive leap to think there's the possibility of it being postponed.

The fact we announced the game around four weeks (December 20th) before it's due to take place then it doesn't take a crystal ball to check long-range weather forecasts.

😂😂 That the long range weather forecast that said we would have a warm January. 

4 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

You do know that weather records are kept? 

Average temps for Jan at 2 degrees which is the lowest of the year and one of the highest months for rainfall.

Not that hard to see that weather could affect a match on a pitch which I'll presume has no undersoil heating and probably poor drainage.

So the temp has been just above freezing all month 😂😂 

Must’ve missed the daffodils coming up in all this freezing weather. 

5 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

The irony here is off the scale :lol: 

Expecting someone to be on the touchline 3 days after breaking their ankle is mental

Irony 😂😂 

The fact you come up with the biggest load of pish analogy to try and make a point is obviously lost on you, why not just go with the Gerrard might get sniped by the lone gunman on top of the Main Stand analogy it makes as much sense  

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

😂😂 That the long range weather forecast that said we would have a warm January. 

Most I've seen had said late december-early january would be mild before turning colder towards the end of the month - which seems to have been borne out by the recent short-term forecasts. Not to mention that it's always cold in January and games being cancelled after the winter break is hardly a new phenomenon. 

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So the temp has been just above freezing all month 😂😂 

Must’ve missed the daffodils coming up in all this freezing weather. 

I'm going on historical data from previous years. Stop being a clown. Games get called off this time of year due to weather. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Irony 😂😂 

The fact you come up with the biggest load of pish analogy to try and make a point is obviously lost on you, why not just go with the Gerrard might get sniped by the lone gunman on top of the Main Stand analogy it makes as much sense  

:1120982233_SGsmile:

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Most I've seen had said late december-early january would be mild before turning colder towards the end of the month - which seems to have been borne out by the recent short-term forecasts. Not to mention that it's always cold in January and games being cancelled after the winter break is hardly a new phenomenon. 

Ignore him mate. At least the ground is currently soft so he can keep digging.

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Irony 😂😂 

Fuck sake. I thought the op was going to be the worst in this thread 😂😂

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

No it’s not, meant to be Icy tonight then warmer at the weekend. 

But to say we organised a friendly bounce game at Ibrox on the off chance the weather might be bad, really. 

Why not just organise a bounce game at Auchenhowie for today and Sunday. 

Just now, Jeffrey said:

Hi mate could you please show me where I said that x

So he could be on the sidelines then make up your mind what is it, snapped ankle can’t be at the game or snapped ankle laid up at home. 

Or just simply that was a pointless post to make and move on to the stupid weather debate like the rest of us. 😂

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

So he could be on the sidelines then make up your mind what is it, snapped ankle can’t be at the game or snapped ankle laid up at home. 

Or just simply that was a pointless post to make and move on to the stupid weather debate like the rest of us. 😂

It wasn't a pointless post, he could end up getting hurt and not being on the touchline. I don't see why you are making a big deal out of a legitimate point.

13 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

No it’s not, meant to be Icy tonight then warmer at the weekend. 

But to say we organised a friendly bounce game at Ibrox on the off chance the weather might be bad, really. 

Why not just organise a bounce game at Auchenhowie for today and Sunday. 

I never said we organised a friendly just because the weather could be bad. It was a factor though.

We are contractually obliged to face HJK as part of Morelos' transfer. This was the most suitable date for the club given the fixtures surrounding it, the timing of the winter training camp and the potential for the cup tie to be postponed. Had we been drawn at home in the cup then I doubt we'd have organised the HJK game for this weekend but probably done it last Sunday instead.

No bounce game organised for today for the reasons given above.

Someone better tell Cowden that the weather is to change then because they are putting their covers down to protect the pitch in a couple of hours.

2 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

It wasn't a pointless post, he could end up getting hurt and not being on the touchline. I don't see why you are making a big deal out of a legitimate point.

Because it was a mental post that was totally pointless, do we tell him not to walk down stairs in case he falls. Do we tell him not to take part in training in case he pulls a hamstring. 

If your opinion is he shouldn’t play in a bounce game then fair enough (which I agree with) you don’t need to come up with nonsense to try and back it up