McAllister misquoted in saying unlikely Kent staying

Ted E Bayer

4 hours ago, Camshy said:

We can't afford him , that's the bottom line and Kent has said this himself 

Liverpool winger Ryan Kent has revealed that's he's open to the idea of staying at Rangers on a permanent basis.

The 22-year-old, who is on a season-long loan from the Reds, starred on his return from injury in Saturday's Old Firm triumph over celtic at Ibrox.

Kent is relishing life under Kop legend Steven Gerrard and is happy to stay put beyond May if the two clubs can agree a fee.

“It’s something I’m considering,” Kent said.

“It’s a chat Rangers are going to have to have with Liverpool because I still have three years left on my contract there. So it’s a bit out of my hands.

“The honest answer is I don’t know what my future holds. That’s something Jurgen Klopp will have to answer.”

Kent set up the winner for Ryan Jack as Gerrard's side secured their first league victory over their arch-rivals since 2012 to move level on points with them at the top of the Scottish Premiership.

“The manager was massively inspirational in the build-up,” Kent admitted.

“He just told us to go and enjoy our football because that’s when we have been at our best.

He must have said it in another interview, 'cause he sure as fuck didn't say it in that one