***Official Rangers v Kilmarnock Match Thread***

G.E.C.

32 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Pep-Zidane-Player-Gallery.thumb.jpg.134dde3f8fe8f490373c98b59301747b.jpg

Will actually give you that one, trying to think of someone this morning and completley blanked on him! 

Overall, they have pretty much been failures so far across the board & I think ultimately Gerrard will be the same. Can see him being here for the start of next season but if we're well behind the taigs by Christmas I think he'll walk. 

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Valance1690 said:

So what's the alternative then? 

Gerrard should have never been given the job in the first place, would love to see some stats about modern players retiring and going into management, across the board they are failures, I can't think of 1 who has actually won something of note. 

He talks a good game defientley but we are boring to watch, predicitble & really aren't any further forward as a squad than we were under Pedro after spending a hefty chunk of money. 

We're now talking about another major overhaul in the summer as this team won't win us the league. The loan players will all go back, we need to make a decesion about Defoe and then you start looking at the shite he's spent money on to sign...Barisic? Grezda? Katic? Are those 3 playing next season? 

Sorry but if you're not asking questions about Gerrard and his position then you've got wrapped up in who Gerrard was as a player, not as a manager.

Well said

1 minute ago, Ivybank said:

Your an idiot, keeping injuries quiet from the master tactician Tommy Wright 🙄

*You're 

The irony 😂😂

And Tommy Wright who manages the pub team who got their tactics spot on to get a point against us.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Valance1690 said:

So what's the alternative then? 

Gerrard should have never been given the job in the first place, would love to see some stats about modern players retiring and going into management, across the board they are failures, I can't think of 1 who has actually won something of note. 

He talks a good game defientley but we are boring to watch, predicitble & really aren't any further forward as a squad than we were under Pedro after spending a hefty chunk of money. 

We're now talking about another major overhaul in the summer as this team won't win us the league. The loan players will all go back, we need to make a decesion about Defoe and then you start looking at the shite he's spent money on to sign...Barisic? Grezda? Katic? Are those 3 playing next season? 

Sorry but if you're not asking questions about Gerrard and his position then you've got wrapped up in who Gerrard was as a player, not as a manager.

Gerrard isn't above questioning about his performance. 

If we sack Gerrard but who do we bring in as a replacement?  Our funds will be even more limited as we'll have to find the money to payoff Gerrard and his staff. 

I can't see a tried and tested manager touching the job with limited funds knowing expectation is to provide instant success or lose their job. The message we'll be sending out. 

No manager worth their salt will touch the job IMO.

Expected to wrestle the title from a celtic side who still comfortably outspend us and know that you will be out on your arse within a year if you don’t.

There’s more of a reason why we’ve been saddled with Warburton, Caixinha, Murty and now a rookie in Gerrard than it simply being a case of the board not knowing what they are doing.

You're 😀  I did that on purpose , you're so predictable , everybody knows how to play against us sit back and hit on the break, so Dundee ,livi st Johnstone managers are all master tacticians 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

4 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Gerrard isn't abovequestioning about his performance. 

If we sack Gerrard but who do we bring in as a replacement?  Our funds will be even more limited as we'll have to find the money to payoff Gerrard and his staff. 

I can't see a tried and tested manager touching the job with limited funds knowing expectation is to provide instant success or lose their job. The message we'll be sending out. 

Honestly with the situation we are in now I have no idea who we could bring in.

Last summer was the time to bring in a tried and tested manager, it was the last shot to begin to stop 10 in a row in my view. We should have gave him the 10 million that Gerrard got and hope they could close the gap with that then build from there in subsequent windows.

What we've done now is pick a complete rookie manager who looks out his depth & blow a ton of money on essentially another full squad of players who aren't even close to the taigs, in fact I can see us finishing even further behind them this season. 

4 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

You're 😀  I did that on purpose , you're so predictable , everybody knows how to play against us sit back and hit on the break, so Dundee ,livi st Johnstone managers are all master tacticians 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

😂😂 Can't own up to errors now, says it all about you Ivy.

Not master tacticians, but tacticians yes. With gameplans. And potentially aided if they knew our system and personnel.

Suggesting no manager is interested in our team and tactics with a view to their before we play them 😁

3 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Last summer was the time to bring in a tried and tested manager, it was the last shot to begin to stop 10 in a row in my view. We should have gave him the 10 million that Gerrard got and hope they could close the gap with that then build from there in subsequent windows.

What we've done now is pick a complete rookie manager who looks out his depth & blow a ton of money on essentially another full squad of players who aren't even close to the taigs, in fact I can see us finishing even further behind them this season. 

The last thing we needed was another rookie manager, thing is though a couple of decent signings in January after the high of the scum game and we could've won the league,and we got Defoe and davis🙁

6 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

There was no manager who would have had 20% of the fan base backing. Who was your tried and tested manager then?

Give him 10m, almost what the scum with a settled core spent on one player. Would you also want your tried and tested guy binned if we were in the same league position?

6 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

The last thing we needed was another rookie manager, thing is though a couple of decent signings in January after the high of the scum game and we could've won the league,and we got Defoe and davis🙁

Hey Ivy, guess who posted this on Jan 5th.....

Contrary to what? I've just said unlike most kamara and Jones are excellent signings, and Davis will boost us too, it's  a 36. Year old who hasn't scored in 11 months, does that not worry anybody? Is he just going to come up and score every time he plays? If he plays ?do you drop Alfredo?

So now criticising Gerrard for a signing you deemed would boost us. Hypocrite?

9 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

There was no manager who would have had 20% of the fan base backing. Who was your tried and tested manager then?

Give him 10m, almost what the scum with a settled core spent on one player. Would you also want your tried and tested guy binned if we were in the same league position?

20per cent pulling figures out of thin air, and berating another poster

13 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Even back then I was struggling, easy to say in hindsight and wouldn't have been popular but I'd have much rather we went for somebody boring like Pardew, Davies etc. They weren't going to set the house on fire but a rookie at that point in time wasn't what we needed. 

I don't necessarily want Gerrard binned and I would love to see him be a success here but there's major red flags right now. I get the point about them spending that on Edouard but our main striker has been better than him this season and the rest of their signings have been pish in the last few years. 

The main difference between us and them isn't money, it's the fact they have a proper manager in place, something that we haven't had for a long time.

26 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Hey Ivy, guess who posted this on Jan 5th.....

Contrary to what? I've just said unlike most kamara and Jones are excellent signings, and Davis will boost us too, it's  a 36. Year old who hasn't scored in 11 months, does that not worry anybody? Is he just going to come up and score every time he plays? If he plays ?do you drop Alfredo?

So now criticising Gerrard for a signing you deemed would boost us. Hypocrite?

I've told you before about going through my posts  what a total weirdo you are,you must sit on here all day with your post counts ,away and get a life,weirdo

13 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

So Gerrard gets a free ride because we beat some pish European teams? I'm happy with the European run and was unexpected based on where we've been the last few years

But look at the bigger picture, the qualifying rounds were against teams we should be beating after what we've spent, might seem harsh but it's true. The group's stages were a different story and we got some good results 

But those results are not enough for him keep his job. Domestically we've been terrible & are ONLY 8 points behind because of how bad the taigs have been this season

If they'd been on form for the majority of the season, they would be easily double figures ahead of us by now, how can that be acceptable?

At this stage last year after 26 games with league looked like this - Taigs 60 points, Sheep 52 and us 3rd with 49 points. Fast forward to same stage this year and the gap between 1st and 2nd is still 8 points albeit we are 2nd with 3 more points than last year.

So points wise they are no better or worse than last year.

Not sure where that leaves us.....our season so far has been better than last due to the European run however we still don't have any silverware. We also don't look like we can mount a serious challenge by winning a lot of  games on the bounce.

16 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

Fully agree with earlier comments, the horse has already bolted here

Cup means absolutely fuck all now the league's done, the only thing that'll be decided in these next few cup matches (if we get through on Wednesday) is whether or not Gerrard is in a job next season 

Out of the league cup in the semis

Out of the title by February 

Anything less than a final (unless we draw the taigs before then) should see Gerrard sacked 

Do you like breakfast cereal 'cause you're a fucking fruitloop

20 minutes ago, gj923 said:

At this stage last year after 26 games with league looked like this - Taigs 60 points, Sheep 52 and us 3rd with 49 points. Fast forward to same stage this year and the gap between 1st and 2nd is still 8 points albeit we are 2nd with 3 more points than last year.

So points wise they are no better or worse than last year.

Not sure where that leaves us.....our season so far has been better than last due to the European run however we still don't have any silverware. We also don't look like we can mount a serious challenge by winning a lot of  games on the bounce.

I'll be honest that's a surprise, seems like they've drawn/lost alot more games this season than in the previous few years but must just be my perception

Agree that we don't like anywhere near being able to mount a serious challenge at the moment and I really don't see how we are going to get there. The signings we've brought in haven't exactly set us up well for next season and we'll potientially be losing by far our best player in Morelos.

Add to that the fact that McGregor will be a year closer to retiring and Tav could go aswell, those are our 3 best players this season.

Just now, Valance1690 said:

Fucking hell that's bad

No, you are.

Klopp gets 3 years and hasn't won a trophy but is backed by Liverpool and is a game in hand of top of the prem.

Gerrard comes to us and has tried his best in his first managerial post and has been unlucky with injuries and the way the officials in Scotland fuck us over.

Yeah let's sack him now if he doesn't get a cup, pitchfork on order!

34 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

20 per cent 😀😀😀😀

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/311580-next-manager-poll/&ved=2ahUKEwitwrjOkMXgAhX8SRUIHY2uDXoQFjAAegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw2MzEyubAo6diPPlmtAM_Rd

24.9% to be accurate it was, Big Sam

But aye 20% was just plucked out of thin air.

You're having a nightmare Ivy.

1 minute ago, Malvern said:

No, you are.

Klopp gets 3 years and hasn't won a trophy but is backed by Liverpool and is a game in hand of top of the prem.

Gerrard comes to us and has tried his best in his first managerial post and has been unlucky with injuries and the way the officials in Scotland fuck us over.

Yeah let's sack him now if he doesn't get a cup, pitchfork on order!

Comparing us to Liverpool is a joke but ok we'll go with that. Klopp has been getting hounded by their fans for the last 2 years now with many asking for him to go, he's been given an absolute fortune and is yet to win anything...if that's what we're aspiring to be then we're on the right track 

You can make excuses for Gerrard, the injuries thing is just nonsense but aye the officials have screwed us a bit this season. Our biggest issue is the guy who is "trying his best" has signed alot of shite & hasn't been able to close the gap between us and them over the course of a season.

Couple that together with the fact we change our 11 nearly every week, we still dont have a formation which suits our players and we've realistically only got 1 cup left to go for...

Pitchforks at the ready might be a bit far but burrying your head in the sand and saying everything is fine is ridiculous. Questions should be asked of Gerrard, just like they were of Pedro/Warburton

I think people underestimate how quickly sentiment can turn against a manager at this club.  After the Scottish Cup win over celtic Warburton was to be 'the next England manager' but he was gone about 8 months later.  Around March of last season there was plenty on here calling for Murty to get the job permanently but he was gone by the end of April

There's lots that could still go wrong for Gerrard before the summer: Inconsistent league form, increasing points gap between us and celtic, getting parped out the Scottish Cup to Kilmarnock, a hammering at Parkhead next month, etc.  A lot of ifs but given what we've seen so far not outside the realms of possibility.  Gerrard really needs to get this team performing to a consistently higher standard.  

Archived