The Unofficial Rangers vs celtic podcast

The Dude

1 minute ago, Bears said:

Do you ask pretend celtic have no connection to child abuse or just when talking with their fans?

No, but when someone mentions they are a celtic fan I don't suddenly start going on about peadophiles like some sort of idiot.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Laudrup1690 said:

It’s 99% of peoples opinion on here.

this is a Rangers forum we don’t want to talk about their transfer gossip or who’s staying or going.

Is it? Cool. Ah well. You'll know not to click the thread next time.

That's fine. There's plenty of Rangers content to discuss on there too.

... ignoring celtic and their deep-rooted child abuse problem,

... twisting what other folk say,

...filling BD with celtic crap.

At least your consistent.

Not ignoring it, it simply has no relvance to what I do. It's a football podcast talking about football. Not a podcast talking about historical sex offences committed by football clubs.

If I'm 'filling the BD with celtic crap' why even click the link? Were you just looking for something to be upset by?

Just now, Bears said:

Neither do I.  And I have never said I would.

If you clearly read (instead of twisting for your benefit) what I wrote, I said I would at least want to know the views on this very important subject if I was associating with them publicly and professionally on matters of celtic football club. 

The fact that you don't says more about you than me, even if you have since then tried to make it all about me.

Are you going to answer that point or just keep avoiding it?

What point? The one you said that I've answered? I've no interest in what they think about it. Literally couldn't have any less interest in it.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No, but when someone mentions they are a celtic fan I don't suddenly start going on about peadophiles like some sort of idiot.

If you clearly read (instead of twisting for your benefit) what I wrote, I said I would at least want to know the views on this very important subject if I was associating with them publicly and professionally on matters of celtic football club. 

The fact that you don't says more about you than me, even if you have since then tried to make it all about me.

Just now, Bears said:

So if he asked what they thought, and in private they thought it was terrible and celtic should be punished, you wouldn't be in here complaining? 

Just now, lidorfc said:

So if he asked what they thought, and in private they thought it was terrible and celtic should be punished, you wouldn't be in here complaining? 

Of course he would be. And if I asked them on the show he'd complain too.

I hate posting in this thread and keeping it at the top of the page but @The Dude I agree with you that your podcast isn't the place for paedo chat , but you bring up Dunn like Rangers fans dont think the case should be looked at , when I imagine the vast majority not only think it should be but would welcome an independent inquiry into the case , and in the event there was any wrongdoing on the club's behalf would demand we stumped up compo and the people responsible face the courts if possible 

Just now, lidorfc said:

Complaining?

I asked him clearly and finally after much throwing it back at me (including what your doing, he's now clearly said he has no interest.

Fine.

What's your problem? You know this is a forum, right?

Complaining?

I asked him clearly and finally after much throwing it back at me (including what your doing, he's now clearly said he has no interest.

Fine.

I don't have a problem, if you could answer the question that would be great  thanks 

1 minute ago, ger4life_1872 said:

I hate posting in this thread and keeping it at the top of the page but @The Dude I agree with you that your podcast isn't the place for paedo chat , but you bring up Dunn like Rangers fans dont think the case should be looked at , when I imagine the vast majority not only think it should be but would welcome an independent inquiry into the case , and in the event there was any wrongdoing on the club's behalf would demand we stumped up compo and the people responsible face the courts if possible 

I've had posters on here tell me that he doesn't matter because he wasn't convicted so it doesn't really count the same. I agree most would welcome an inquiry into it as well but, imo, if the concern was more about fans making sure that clubs do the right thing, I'd have thought Rangers fans would be more concerned with Rangers doing the right thing. Particularly someone insisting it should be a topic of discussion on a football podcast, while simultaneously insisting they don't care about anything they do.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Of course he would be. And if I asked them on the show he'd complain too.

You clearly have no idea what I have been saying, do you?

You've spent most of your time accusing me of being an idiot that what I have written has changed to your version of it.

And now you're claiming to know what I would do.

All I wanted to know initially was if the topic would ever come up (or was it banned oin the podcast) or had you asked their views before committing yourself to doing the podcast.

Cue all sorts of crap from several folk.

3 minutes ago, Bears said:

Complaining?

Fine.

I said it a long time ago. Weeks ago actually. For some reason you've asked it in three consecutive threads and been answered in three consecutive threads. Yet somehow insist I've not answered.

Just now, Bears said:

You clearly have no idea what I have been saying, do you?

You've spent most of your time accusing me of being an idiot that what I have written has changed to your version of it.

And now you're claiming to know what I would do.

All I wanted to know initially was if the topic would ever come up (or was it banned oin the podcast) or had you asked their views before committing yourself to doing the podcast.

Cue all sorts of crap from several folk.

And you were told no. In the subsequent to threads you then went on about it - despite having been told it won't be discussed.

Their views on it are utterly irrelevant to my involvement.

Just now, The Dude said:

I said it a long time ago. Weeks ago actually. For some reason you've asked it in three consecutive threads and been answered in three consecutive threads. Yet somehow insist I've not answered.

Wrong person, matey. There you go conflating again.

And no, I don't study what you wrote in all your threads. Sorry to disappoint.

18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Because it's a new episode and that one isn't in the Bears Den.

Why don't we just have one big massive match thread for every game?

Theirs no comparison between one of our games and your wee weekly podcast 😂 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

And you were told no. In the subsequent to threads you then went on about it - despite having been told it won't be discussed.

Their views on it are utterly irrelevant to my involvement.

Not me. I've even checked by history in case I had a senior moment. I can't find me ever writing about this in your podcast threads. If you know better then let me know the date.

2 minutes ago, Bears said:

Not me. I've even checked by history in case I had a senior moment. I can't find me ever writing about this in your podcast threads. If you know better then let me know the date.

My mistake then, although my first response to you in this thread couldn't have been any clearer.

"Well, since it's fuck all to do with football - or something that has anyplace on a football podcast - I'll save you the bother and tell you not to waste your time waiting. I've no interest in discussing child abuse in any way on a podcast about football."

@The Dude you've turned into such a cringy poster. 

As if you made this thread this morning and edited the main title and op 3 times to make sure it wound up the right people, and yes, I seen the edits. 

That's all I'll say in this thread as I honestly don't care that you want to show everyone you have a large group of celtic supporting friends. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

My mistake then, although my first response to you in this thread couldn't have been any clearer.

"Well, since it's fuck all to do with football - or something that has anyplace on a football podcast - I'll save you the bother and tell you not to waste your time waiting. I've no interest in discussing child abuse in any way on a podcast about football."

Eh, no your first response did not answer if the matter was ever discussed beforehand, which I then asked. Much simpler if you'd just answered it then and saved us all time, instead of calling me all sorts and twisting what I was saying repeatedly because I asked  the question. 

Archived