***** The Official Rangers v Stranraer Match Thread *****

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

A lot of noise is made about our youth set-up but if none of them can be trusted enough to start against Stranraer at Ibrox then questions should be asked.

Virtually every Scottish Premiership team have teenagers starting every week.

How many of those teams have the chance to win the league or realistically win the Scottish Cup, and we do already have a very young team. 

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

We’re playing Stranraer ffs.

If young lads doing well for development team can’t get a game tonight then shut the Hummel Training Centre down.

So you want to have most of the players that we need up to speed for St Mirren and Hearts sitting out for another week after having 3 weeks off already. 
You rotate the main first team squad. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So you want to have most of the players that we need up to speed for St Mirren and Hearts sitting out for another week after having 3 weeks off already. 
You rotate the main first team squad. 

Well one of the Centre halves aren’t playing..

Has Gerrard got that wrong?

Ideal opportunity to give a highly rated right back a run out and with Defoe our only striker what is point in risking him against Stranraer.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Well one of the Centre halves aren’t playing..

Has Gerrard got that wrong?

Ideal opportunity to give a highly rated right back a run out and with Defoe our only striker what is point in risking him against Stranraer.

Edmundson is a first team squad member and pushing for a starting place. 

Would you play Patterson  against St Mirren & Hearts???

Again so you would let Defoe get cold after the lay off and punt him straight in against St Mirren. What happens if he gets injured against St Mirren after all it’s only StMirren at Ibrox. 

The fact we are playing a bounce game on Sunday at Ibrox should tell you all you need to know that Stevie is trying to keep the first team squad ready to go not leave them sitting on the bench. 

19 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

How many of those teams have the chance to win the league or realistically win the Scottish Cup, and we do already have a very young team. 

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Did I???? 

I’ll leave you to play Football Manager badly. 

:duh:

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Edmundson is a first team squad member and pushing for a starting place. 

Would you play Patterson  against St Mirren & Hearts???

Again so you would let Defoe get cold after the lay off and punt him straight in against St Mirren. What happens if he gets injured against St Mirren after all it’s only StMirren at Ibrox. 

The fact we are playing a bounce game on Sunday at Ibrox should tell you all you need to know that Stevie is trying to keep the first team squad ready to go not leave them sitting on the bench. 

Personally i’d play Patterson against St Mirren and Hearts but i know he wont.

As for Defoe, A game against St Mirren in league is in no way comparable to a cup game against Fucking Stranraer.

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Personally i’d play Patterson against St Mirren and Hearts but i know he wont.

As for Defoe, A game against St Mirren in league is in no way comparable to a cup game against Fucking Stranraer.

Aye he won’t because it would be managerial suicide. If Tav was fit I could maybe see the point of Patterson playing against Stranraer as you have Tav back in for the league games. But you need to give either Polster or Flanagan game time to get them ready for the league games  

Stranraer at Ibrox a game we should win easily, St Mirren at Ibrox a game we should win easily. So if it’s just down to he might get injured then don’t play him in any game we should win easily. 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So you don’t know if he is any better but because he is being hailed as the next big thing (another one) he should be played. 

If you want to bring young players in you do it when we are 3-0 up, especially when it’s in defence or you do it in meaningless games. 

I didn’t say that. Don’t think either of us do? SG will though. 

Cant say it’s laughable that he could be selected.

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

The good thing about this break has been watching them fall apart and scramble for excuses.

That has been highly entertaining. 

Whats hilarious is they genuinely convince themselves they’ve been hard done by. Crackpots.

Archived