***The Official Rangers v Ross County Thread***

ElBufalo20

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Difficult to give pass marks to most of those who played but Polster has to be RB until Tav gets back and  Ojo surprised me with a decent performance.

The rest disappointed to varying degrees Kent especially who played far too deep.

Once again the team knocked the ball about with little sense of urgency. 3 points is welcome but they need a collective boot up the ass.

11 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Polster was good in the first half.

I think he was trying a bit too hard and looked a little reckless at times in the second.

Overall tonight was really pish. Crap football, crap weather, crap atmosphere. I thought in the second half we would score a truck load after we came out fired up. Defoe’s injury really killed it.

Let’s hope we get a much better performance at the weekend. We are now due one as the past four games have been shocking. 

A good summary of the game  And I totally agree about Polster and feel he is very reckless and could cost us in the big games coming up where the refs will be looking to make an example of someone 

12 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

A good summary of the game  And I totally agree about Polster and feel he is very reckless and could cost us in the big games coming up where the refs will be looking to make an example of someone 

We could have had an in his prime cafu at right back and it wouldnt have made a difference due to how the opposition crowd out defoe and our midfield dont get near him to support apart from arfield

Imo arfield should start every game, even with morelos, the pockets of space created by our strikers allows players like arfield a free run, his goal last night a prime example had jack been playing instead of arfield theres no way that run is being made for that flick, instead defoe would need to try hold onto the ball before playing it backward

Polsters energy and enthusiasm was excellent, but for all that the amount of aimless crosses we put in last night (from both sides) was infuriating, one blue shirt in the box whos under 6ft and were asking him to out muscle anf beat bigger defenders to a high ball, absolute brutal

Our second goal is how we should be playing against teams, draw out their defenders and utilise the space in behind, even guys out wide like kent etc, stay wide and high and watch for the space in behind to head into, at one point last night in the first half kent was so deep he passed it sideways to katic, fucking pointless

44 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

He just needs to calm down a bit and he’ll be fine in this league.

Unless running about like that is his natural game. That would be worrying. Hopefully it was just down to him wanting to impress.

The last few games have shown how much Tav and Alfie are missed when they are out of the line-up. We certainly have lost our attacking flair and are struggling to break down the stubborn defences of some pretty mediocre teams.

That said I am happy to come away with the 3 points given the disaster that was the hearts game. Losing Defoe is a big blow: we need to strengthen the squad in the attacking department

Archived