The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

They state 38 games will be played in a season. The definition of season allows for ambiguity, but none if it detracts from the rule saying clubs shall play 38 games.

At the boards discretion.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Dude said:

So the people who wrote the rule are misinterpreting the rule they wrote?

Yes, they are misinterpreting ambiguity when the clear part of a rule states clubs shall play 38 games. The season is the duration from first of the 38 to last of the 38..

If we consider season can mean less than 38 then that's illogical in a rule which says clubs shall play 38 games in that less than 38 game season.

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There almost certainly won't be any football played in Scotland until July/August.

What will change by then? Footballers will still be contracting Coronavirus, what I’m saying is there will be a point when we realise we either keep cancelling life/football or not, it might be 4 weeks, 8 weeks who knows but the virus isn’t going away so what changes in July?

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

At the boards discretion the period of 1st (game 1) to last (game 38)

That doesn't make any sense when the rule doesn't specify the dates. The reason is defines season is because the rules define the champion as being the number one club at the end of the season rather than after a specified number of games.

1 minute ago, GovanFrontSince96 said:

What will change by then? Footballers will still be contracting Coronavirus, what I’m saying is there will be a point when we realise we either keep cancelling life/football it might be 4 weeks, 8 weeks who knows but the virus isn’t going away so what changes in July?

The virus is expected to peak in late may and gradually decline so the risk minimises. They also don't know whether reinfection poses as much of a risk so catching it a second time after the peak may not be as severe.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That doesn't make any sense when the rule doesn't specify the dates. The reason is defines season is because the rules define the champion as being the number one club at the end of the season rather than after a specified number of games.

The rule I've quoted specifically states clubs shall play 38 games. You are interpreting ambiguity in a definition to allow a season to be less than that. Whichever number of games and whichever way season is defined, it still remains categorically that 38 games shall be played in it.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Im still fine with games being played. It's not me making the decision on it.

Then you are the only person on the entire planet that thinks that way. You & the SPFL who I just read said "there is no immediate threat to fixtures" & "plans are in place should it worsen."

What planet do you/they live on? Do you think you are just going to wake up tomorrow and it will be gone. I told you last nights game should have been cancelled and the league is now over. Like you said, probably around July/August before we see normality to life. And this decision has to be a UEFA decision, not a corrupt Scottish one.

Just now, bluenoz said:

Then you are the only person on the entire planet that thinks that way. You & the SPFL who I just read said "there is no immediate threat to fixtures" & "plans are in place should it worsen."

What planet do you/they live on? Do you think you are just going to wake up tomorrow and it will be gone. I told you last nights game should have been cancelled and the league is now over. Like you said, probably around July/August before we see normality to life. And this decision has to be a UEFA decision, not a corrupt Scottish one.

Steven Gerrard is another.

Infact, Rangers have publicly said the club are 'disappointed' at the decision.

UEFA have no jurisdiction to make the decision.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I heard it directly from senior employees at two Premiership clubs and one in the lower divisions.

I suggest they wait and listen to what other associations will do and the legal arguments. If they unilaterally declare on the SPL champions then they have to declare on everything else for equity's sake. 

It would be a travesty to simply award at the time of suspension, what if a team is 2 points behind with a game in hand for instance. Plus it would be better for tournaments that have not yet started to be cancelled or moved around so leagues can be completed.

Normally I would be horrified if a league this far gone is voided but given the way we were shafted...well I wouldn't really care.

Just now, Shuggy said:

I suggest they wait and listen to what other associations will do and the legal arguments. If they unilaterally declare on the SPL champions then they have to declare on everything else for equity's sake. 

They would be declaring all the leagues under their authority. Not just the premiership.

12 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

They state 38 games will be played in a season. The definition of season allows for ambiguity, but none if it detracts from the rule saying clubs shall play 38 games.

That’s the way I read it too. It clearly says a season is 38 games. I might be missing the bit that says it stands no matter how many games have been played. There is an awful lot of shit in those rules 😂👍

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Steven Gerrard is another.

Infact, Rangers have publicly said the club are 'disappointed' at the decision.

UEFA have no jurisdiction to make the decision.

Sports are normally an avenue away from stressful situations but in this case, sport have led the way to prevent further spread worldwide when it should have been people like Bo Jo & Trump leading the way.

We are all 'disappointed' but even Rangers know it is the right decision. And Gerrard has changed his tune.

26 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That's good but it's not right according to rule c38 of the SPFL Rules and Regulations.

The answer is Season.

Which, just incase you forgot, is defined thus: 'Season means the period of the year commencing on the date of the first League Match in a Season and ending on the date of the last League Match in the same Season or otherwise as determined by the Board and which excludes the Close Season.'

ES_yIpMWAAATPBS?format=jpg&name=small

Should we not just go along with what Lennons say's.😎

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Im still fine with games being played. It's not me making the decision on it.

So you are saying the game must go on despite the possible endangerment to human life.

I've heard it all now.

5 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

That’s the way I read it too. It clearly says a season is 38 games. I might be missing the bit that says it stands no matter how many games have been played. There is an awful lot of shit in those rules 😂👍

The Dude is interpreting ambiguity in the definition of the word Season. However its defined, its a distinct rule that 38 games shall get played in it.

Just now, bluenoz said:

So you are saying the game must go on despite the possible endangerment to human life.

I've heard it all now.

Whats the increase in risk? Specifically. In what way would attending the game endanger my life any more than going to a supermarket will? What is the likelihood of me catching coronavirus at Ibrox on Sunday? 

Just now, The Dude said:

Whats the increase in risk? Specifically. In what way would attending the game endanger my life any more than going to a supermarket will? What is the likelihood of me catching coronavirus at Ibrox on Sunday? 

Are you a doctor now?

Archived