Tancredi Palmeri / UEFA president Ceferin

Dave Hedgehog

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Dude said:

So you agree UEFA aren't the governing body for the domestic league in Scotland? 

You know they aren’t but I tell you something, if uefa decided they wanted a certain outcome they would threaten to drop our teams from European competition  and the spfl would do whatever eufa wanted no questions asked so in a way they can make decisions for our league if they want to

31 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

The SPFL, owned by its 42 member shareholders.

The SFA, the ultimate governing body of football in Scotland.

UEFA, the ultimate governing body of football in Europe.

FIFA, the ultimate governing body of football in the world.

Lets not kid on the SPFL have the biggest say 😂

10 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I don’t recall ever saying they do. 

Murdoch MacLennan’s links with celtic will definitely have to be part of the court case if the SPFL does some how have the power to gift their team a title. Rangers warned them at the onset of his role in football and they decided to ignore the conflict of interest . 

1 minute ago, Tomatasauce said:

You know they aren’t but I tell you something, if uefa decided they wanted a certain outcome they would threaten to drop our teams from European competition  and the spfl would do whatever eufa wanted no questions asked so in a way they can make decisions for our league if they want to

The SPFL are run by the 42 member clubs.

The 42 clubs elect the board.

The 42 clubs have a vote on rule changes and stuff.

The clubs vote a six man board of directors to oversee the operating of the league.

That board are in charge of appointing a chief executive.

If UEFA put out a mandate to the FA’s that leagues will be voided then that’s what will happen, the orders will come down the ladder and be used. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Show me where I said what you are claiming?

I said UEFA are  the ultimate governing body of football in Europe, is that wrong?

I at no point said they govern the domestic league in Scotland. 

Dont act stupid, it’s worse than being stupid.

3 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

The SPFL are run by the 42 member clubs.

The 42 clubs elect the board.

The 42 clubs have a vote on rule changes and stuff.

The clubs vote a six man board of directors to oversee the operating of the league.

That board are in charge of appointing a chief executive.

If UEFA put out a mandate to the FA’s that leagues will be voided then that’s what will happen, the orders will come down the ladder and be used. 

UEFA have no power to mandate anything like that.

The 'rules and stuff' that are set by the league are the conditions by which all parties have to go by.

Ordering leagues to go against the rules already in place (which some countries have very clear positions on) would be ripped apart in courts across Europe because UEFA don't run domestic football.

That's the same reason why what Spain does won't be a precedent for England and what the Highland League does won't be a precedent for the SPFL.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The 'rules and stuff' that are set by the league are the conditions by which all parties have to go by.

Ordering leagues to go against the rules already in place (which some countries have very clear positions on) would be ripped apart in courts across Europe because UEFA don't run domestic football.

That's the same reason why what Spain does won't be a precedent for England and what the Highland League does won't be a precedent for the SPFL.

UEFA have no power to mandate that?

Did Ceferin not say the leagues “may be lost” if they can’t be completed? 

You should give him a phone to set him straight 👍

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Straight question.

A yes or no will do.

Do UEFA have any say at all in the domestic club competitions?

10 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

UEFA have no power to mandate that?

Did Ceferin not say the leagues “may be lost” if they can’t be completed? 

You should give him a phone to set him straight 👍

Neither part contradicts each other. 

Wimbledon about to be cancelled and I’d expect the Open to follow. Absolutely zero chance the season will be finished unless the money takes over and they play behind closed doors for a month. But then what happens if one of the players get it? Do we just exclude one team from playing it’s games and carry on?

The football authorities aren’t living in reality and are purely driven be finances.

36 minutes ago, Dickie said:

English teams play domestic games on champions league nights against eufa rules and then tell them to go fuck off,so eufa are spineless cunts with little authority.

As much as I agree that UEFA are spineless cunts that rule on league games on European nights was lifted 3 years ago. 👍

2 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Wimbledon about to be cancelled and I’d expect the Open to follow. Absolutely zero chance the season will be finished unless the money takes over and they play behind closed doors for a month. But then what happens if one of the players get it? Do we just exclude one team from playing it’s games and carry on?

The football authorities aren’t living in reality and are purely driven be finances.

The Scottish PFA has already ruled out closed doors football mate. 👍

Archived