this is my stance on what has happened

Dan Deacon

came up with this this afternoon. wrote it down and emailed it to my home add so i could post it tonight. pure speculation on my behalf, but i love a good conspiracy.

PLG realised how badly his reign as rangers boss was going, realised Scotland is not for him, wanted a way out.

It was decided between David Murray, Martin Bain PLG and Barry, that they would come up with this story. They knew that it had to be a player as big as barry, they could have used another player as the scapegoat and it might have backfired. Barry being captain just added another element. They all knew that the majority of fans would take barry?s side.

1) he is a lifelong bear

2) we are 17 points adrift in the league

3) most of the fans have not agreed with PLG signings / tactics

4) fans already had issues with his treatment of player (kris boyd)

PLG needed out and didn?t want to lose face by simply admitting he wasn?t suited to the SPL, didn?t want to walk away tail between legs admitting defeat.

The plan has been executed with Military precision, in the space of 4 days, it has all ended, after only 1 day of meetings???

PLG can walk with his dignity, appearing to have stood by his own beliefs.

Barry regains captaincy. is seen as a hero by rangers fans for getting rid of PLG.

David Murray gains some more respect from the fans who bemoan him for not stumping up enough transfer money yet again, by appearing to have chosen Barry over PLG.

Everyone wins

You might not be too far off the mark with that. Stranger things have happened.

The bad thing is we will never know the full story, we will always have questions and they will never be answered.

I wish for just once we, the fans, We Are The People who need to know.

I'd just like this to have happened.

PLG was sh1te. SDM was big enough to sack him and by doing so, admitted he wrong in selecting him in the 1st place.

This had very little to do with Barry. PLG dug his own grave. Arrogant bassa.

You might not be too far off the mark with that. Stranger things have happened.

The bad thing is we will never know the full story, we will always have questions and they will never be answered.

I wish for just once we, the fans, We Are The People who need to know.

You may be right.

But my view is that following a phone call that David Murray recieved from THE FISH, he felt he had no option but to take this action, otherwise the FISH would stop singing his praises on Rangersmedia

It could be right but i think that PLG realised he couldnt hack it and due to the same reasons as u have stated decided best way to leave was by what has happened, i generally do believe SDM didnt know about it or Barry and PLG thought of it as a way out therefore he could leave without admitting his faults

You know what?

I respect everyone who's posted in this thread, but does it really matter now?

I think we should just forget about the horrors of PLG and everything associated with him, and move on with the future.

You know what?

I think we should just forget about the horrors of PLG and everything associated with him, and move on with the future.

(tu)

You know what?

good point mate.

Agreed also.

Its happend now, and we will never know, so whats the point dwelling on it.

Onwards and Upwards (in the league :P )

My take is SDM didnt back him on BF & a package was sorted out.

I think this is probably the closest to the truth but time to move on. Things can only get better and Im feeling positive about the transfer stories going around like Webster, Brown etc. Lets look upon this as good for the future of the club. As much as I backed PLG things obviously werent right behind the scenes with the whole Barry thing.

Lets gather round and get our club back to where it belongs!

It could be right but i think that PLG realised he couldnt hack it and due to the same reasons as u have stated decided best way to leave was by what has happened, i generally do believe SDM didnt know about it or Barry and PLG thought of it as a way out therefore he could leave without admitting his faults

Agree entirely.He (PLG) engineered the whole scenario.Bonsoir ! <rattat> (horse)

came up with this this afternoon. wrote it down and emailed it to my home add so i could post it tonight. pure speculation on my behalf, but i love a good conspiracy.

PLG realised how badly his reign as rangers boss was going, realised Scotland is not for him, wanted a way out.

It was decided between David Murray, Martin Bain PLG and Barry, that they would come up with this story. They knew that it had to be a player as big as barry, they could have used another player as the scapegoat and it might have backfired. Barry being captain just added another element. They all knew that the majority of fans would take barry?s side.

1) he is a lifelong bear

PLG needed out and didn?t want to lose face by simply admitting he wasn?t suited to the SPL, didn?t want to walk away tail between legs admitting defeat.

The plan has been executed with Military precision, in the space of 4 days, it has all ended, after only 1 day of meetings???

Barry regains captaincy. is seen as a hero by rangers fans for getting rid of PLG.

David Murray gains some more respect from the fans who bemoan him for not stumping up enough transfer money yet again, by appearing to have chosen Barry over PLG.

Everyone wins

:D

A bit elaborate but to clear some matters up (tu)

SDM has been having almost daily meetings with PLG and for some time has been totally unhappy and angry that situations under PLG didn't improve but went back the way!

Hence the dressing room briefing(bawling out) SDM gave to the players!

Also there was/is money available for the transfer kitty but as the situation was not improving and PLGs signings were not exactly setting the heather on fire,SDM was very reluctant to throw more money his way and was waiting to see if he could first turn things around! PLG knew this.

The Barry situation was only a small part of the goings on in the dressing room from some players and in no way did any of them try to undermine PLG but in their own way,as is the case in any dressing room/training pitch scenario, players demanded more from certain players who they felt were not pulling their weight in games,by some coincidence these players on the receiving end were also PLG signings and have been singled out by the supporters also,so no surprises there!!

PLG singled Wee Barry out because he was the most vocal towards them,basically doing the captains job?!?

As i said last week it would all come out in the wash and i never doubted for a minute that SDM would not back PLG as he knew what has been going on and was far from happy!

Of course some dignity has to be kept so publicly SDM will keep this close to his chest!

I was informed just over a week ago of these facts and more but was told that it would be at the end of the season that they would emerge and possably a new manager would be put in place.

For some reason,known only to himself,PLG axed Barry and the rest is history.

But as i said before(and shot down by some) it wasn't just the Barry situation that cost him his job!Nor results!

But an attitude that had far too much arrogance and ignorance for a lot of the staff at Ibrox!

When PLG was introduced to us in the summer i thought,like many other Bears that this was the revolution we all craved!

When thigs went wrong , i like many other Bears wanted to give him more time to turn things around!

How wrong i was and how disappointed and saddened i am at the way a managerial team tried to destroy the traditions and atmosphere that is revered the world over within Ibrox!

For me i suspect PLG worked his ticket to save some face in all of this and god help the next club he goes to!!

Follow,Follow!!

1) he is a lifelong bear

Everyone wins

As I said a few days ago Le Guen is definately Engineering his way out of his contract without damaging his reputation,wouldn't go as far as the Barry,Bain,and

SDM.conspiracy though,but you never know,stranger things have happened. :unsure:

You know what?

By re-instating Walter Smith?