So what happens to Hemdani and Gavin Rae?

J_RFC87

Webster should be partnering Svensson naturally.

With Clement and Bazza presumably returning to the middle of the park, where do Hemdani and Rae fit in?

Hemdani, imo, is our best player this season.

Still think the 'jury' is out on Bazza. I guess SDM is leaving it up to the new manager(s).

Did SDM say anything about Barry? I wonder if there will be another statement.

Chick said hes not being made the captain again anyway, and Derek Ferguson said Bazzas should be staying at Ibrox.

hemdani can go back to doing what he does best - midfield

his play as a footballer has been decent but as a centre half, esp partnering svensson he has been poor recently

i thikn that a partnership of barry, hemdani and clement in the middle would add the solidity that we need

and gavin rae can resume his position on the bench - or (preferably)he can move to another club and get regular football which i would welcome for his career

i dont mean that as a dig at gavin - he is the only one coming out this week with credit on a personal note - but he isnt going to get a game with us all the time however he is good enough to play for most other teams in the spl

I like Hemdani and he rarely makes mistakes.. but I think we'd benefit having somebody who contributes more. Not sure if this is his type of game tbh..

Rae simply isn't good enough.

We need someone to put the foot on the ball and just calm a game down sometimes. Hemdani does this week in week out, and as you said rarley makes a mistake.

Who says the midfield duo will be Clement and Barry?........ With Thomson and Brown being linked, Could quite easily be all change at Rangers.

Clement to go to PSG with PLG?

(presuming PLG goes to PSG, and Clement wants to leave!)

Guest Euronymous

Another thing to remember, what formation will they choose? You guys are assuming a 4-4-2 but it could well be different. :unsure:

i'd like to see a first choice midfield of Ferguson (Captain), Clement & Brown with a winger. And Svensson and Webster given a shot in defence.

Hemdani while a good player isn't quite solid enough to be a defender in Scotland and can't grab a game by the scruff of the neck like the other 3 midfielders i mention can.

i'd like to see him stay though, we need a good squad not just 11 players.

hemdani can go back to doing what he does best - midfield

his play as a footballer has been decent but as a centre half, esp partnering svensson he has been poor recently

i thikn that a partnership of barry, hemdani and clement in the middle would add the solidity that we need

and gavin rae can resume his position on the bench - or (preferably)he can move to another club and get regular football which i would welcome for his career

i dont mean that as a dig at gavin - he is the only one coming out this week with credit on a personal note - but he isnt going to get a game with us all the time however he is good enough to play for most other teams in the spl

I see what you are saying (tu)

But Rae is our 'new' captain

Brown and Thomspon might be coming in

Hemdani is better than clement for the same job.

Another thing to remember, what formation will they choose? You guys are assuming a 4-4-2 but it could well be different. :unsure:

depending on the new manager and his tactics

PLG liked the DM role, would Walter?

Guest Euronymous

depending on the new manager and his tactics

PLG liked the DM role, would Walter?

So maybe it'll be 4-1-3-2?

Defenders (webster to join and hemdani out)

Defending Midfieder (hemdani?)

Midfielders (no bazza and no clement? Adam + Hibs Pair)

Strikers (new one + boyd perhaps?)

If we have learnt anything from this season, its that we need a more attacking player in the middle of the park. Playing a midfield 3 with Hemdani, Clement and Barry, is not going to win us games. It might stop us losing them, but it doesnt benefit Rangers to play so defensive.

Also playing a midfield 3, we either need to have great attacking fullbacks, who can put in great delivery (we dont have this) have someone who can play upfront on his own (We have tried that and we end up not getting enough players into the box, Boyd looks terrible and we make it extremely easy for the opposition) or play an attacking midfielder who will get 15 goals a season (We dont have this yet)

I think it remains to be seen what Clement will do. He was one of PLG's signings and if the bond between the two is strong enough he could be tempted to ask to leave. If that doesn't happen though i would still prefer to see Hemdani in midfield instead of Clement. I just think that if we are to play with a Defensive Mid then Hemdani is the better option. Interested to see if both Thomson and Brown come in because it could be a real fight for positions in midfield with Ferguson, Adam and Rae also wanting to play there. Could be the end for Gavin Rae if both Thomson and Brown come in.

walter plays a 5 in defence A LOT

for scotland he has used caldwell in a sweeper or midfield stopper -

he has preffered strong centre halves in defence (which for all his strengths brahim isnt)

hemdani would be the prime candidate for me for a sweeper/stopper role such as caldwell is doing for scotland

I think Hemdani, Rodriguez and Clement will head back to France, either in the next few weeks or in the summer. I think Buffel again will have another chance and if Smith and McCoist are appointed then what better men to have trying to get you going again.