Scotland's Weekly News

My granny was over today with her "Scotland's Weekly News"

It's a paper thats obviously written for older people, but I had a look at the sport section just to see what it said.

Anyway it has a piece about players at the Euros and throws a few names into the mix.

Traianos Dellas - Now this is a guy who seems to tick every Walter Smith box. He's defensive, experienced and doesn't shrink a challenge. At 32 years old the AEK Athens captain would make a fine like for like replacement for Davie Weir.

Vasilis Torosidis - Smith could make it a Greek double if he manages to fend off Juventus & Newcastle for this Alan Hutton clonce. Like ex-Ger Hutton he's a real athlete who will bomb up and down the right flank all day. Olympiakos have admitted he will probably go this summer.

Nigel De Jong - Smith relied heavily on Brahim Hemdani as a defensive shield in European action but the French-Algerian is likely to leave Ibrox this Summer. Hamburg powerhouse De Jong plays a similar game but is more mobile. His versatility would also appeal to Smith as he's comfortable in the engine room, at right back or centre back.

Bafetimbi Gomis - Rangers do like the French market, especially if "super agent" Willie McKay is in tow. This powerhouse striker has been likened to Didier Drogba and linked with some of Europes top clubs. However, the SPL may prove an attractive stepping stone to the big boys, just as it was for international pal Jean Alian Boumsong.

Daniel Niculae - His goals kept Auxerre in Ligue 1 last term but the powerful hitman has made it known he'd relish a move. He's another who would seem tailor made for a Willie McKay transfer. Quick, powerful and hard working, he'd be far more readily accepted than Kenny Miller by impatient Gers fans.

My granny was over today with her "Scotland's Weekly News"

It's a paper thats obviously written for older people, but I had a look at the sport section just to see what it said.

Anyway it has a piece about players at the Euros and throws a few names into the mix.

Traianos Dellas - Now this is a guy who seems to tick every Walter Smith box. He's defensive, experienced and doesn't shrink a challenge. At 32 years old the AEK Athens captain would make a fine like for like replacement for Davie Weir.

Vasilis Torosidis - Smith could make it a Greek double if he manages to fend off Juventus & Newcastle for this Alan Hutton clonce. Like ex-Ger Hutton he's a real athlete who will bomb up and down the right flank all day. Olympiakos have admitted he will probably go this summer.

Nigel De Jong - Smith relied heavily on Brahim Hemdani as a defensive shield in European action but the French-Algerian is likely to leave Ibrox this Summer. Hamburg powerhouse De Jong plays a similar game but is more mobile. His versatility would also appeal to Smith as he's comfortable in the engine room, at right back or centre back.

Bafetimbi Gomis - Rangers do like the French market, especially if "super agent" Willie McKay is in tow. This powerhouse striker has been likened to Didier Drogba and linked with some of Europes top clubs. However, the SPL may prove an attractive stepping stone to the big boys, just as it was for international pal Jean Alian Boumsong.

Daniel Niculae - His goals kept Auxerre in Ligue 1 last term but the powerful hitman has made it known he'd relish a move. He's another who would seem tailor made for a Willie McKay transfer. Quick, powerful and hard working, he'd be far more readily accepted than Kenny Miller by impatient Gers fans.

Out of that list I'd definately have Torosidis, De Jong and Niculae. Id be delighted if any of them signed tbh. Thats more like what we need. :rangers: