What is Walter doing?

port_bear

£2m for Miller, £1m for Velicka and the possibility of the striker from Sporting signing for £1.9m, so thetas the best part of £5m on strikers despite the fact we already have 5 on the books. So in theory if the guy from Sporting signs we will have 8 strikers and a manager that prefers to play only ONE up top, where is the logic? I dot even think Stephen Hawkin could work this one out.

I said a few weeks ago in a post that I reckon we would only have £10m to spend (max) and we desperately need a right back, a centre half, some wingers and the main priority has to be a creative central midfielder. However Walter in his wisdom decides to BLOW almost half our budget on mediocre, run of the mill strikers, as I said it doesn’t make sense.

I've also heard a strong rumour that Boyd is off to either Stoke or Birmingham with a fee of £1m being quoted so theoretically Walter has just swapped Boyd (our best goalscorer since McCoist) for 29 year old Velicka! Again I fail to see the logic!!

Where is the quality we were promised? Where are the players that are going to take us forward and to a higher level? Players like Miller and Velicka are not any better than the players we have at the moment, IMO they will NOT improve our squad and they can NOT be called “quality signingsâ€.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

£2m for Miller, £1m for Velicka and the possibility of the striker from Sporting signing for £1.9m, so thetas the best part of £5m on strikers despite the fact we already have 5 on the books. So in theory if the guy from Sporting signs we will have 8 strikers and a manager that prefers to play only ONE up top, where is the logic? I dot even think Stephen Hawkin could work this one out.

I said a few weeks ago in a post that I reckon we would only have £10m to spend (max) and we desperately need a right back, a centre half, some wingers and the main priority has to be a creative central midfielder. However Walter in his wisdom decides to BLOW almost half our budget on mediocre, run of the mill strikers, as I said it doesn’t make sense.

I've also heard a strong rumour that Boyd is off to either Stoke or Birmingham with a fee of £1m being quoted so theoretically Walter has just swapped Boyd (our best goalscorer since McCoist) for 29 year old Velicka! Again I fail to see the logic!!

Where is the quality we were promised? Where are the players that are going to take us forward and to a higher level? Players like Miller and Velicka are not any better than the players we have at the moment, IMO they will NOT improve our squad and they can NOT be called “quality signingsâ€.

There is no logic in selling your top goalscorer and replacing him with 2 average strikers , but there was no logic to anything WS done in the last 5 league games of last season

Celtic will be delighted when they see our new signings , i am bitterly disappointed at the lack of quality we are linked with have signed

it can only get better

There is no logic in selling your top goalscorer and replacing him with 2 average strikers , but there was no logic to anything WS done in the last 5 league games of last season

Celtic will be delighted when they see our new signings , i am bitterly disappointed at the lack of quality we are linked with have signed

it can only get better

bide your time young people, the time will come, its early yet

it can only get better

bide your time young people, the time will come, its early yet

i hope you are right

In my opinion Smith is building a team of average SPL ability (i dont include arsehole Mhisser in that statement) to try and get the title back because he knows his arse is out the door if he fails if he was interested in the CL he wouldnt get by on this dross hes buying.

Naismith and Burke are out for most of the season.

Cousin and Darche will go.

Novo and Boyd might be out the door too cos as we saw in our biggest game in 36 years he didn't use them until it was too late.

Buffel and Gow will go too.

Out of all of the above Miller and Velicka are onle better than Gow and are worse than the rest so what Walter is thinking God knows.

These players we're going for may not get us into the Champions league and with our league campaign looking very difficult to start with so he better get his finger out and get that quality we have been promised for years.

Cousin and JCD will probably be out the door, Naismith is probably going to be out for the whole season, Novo will probably play more on the wings this coming season, so there is four down already.

I don't see anyone beating our door down to sign them and after Cousins performances at the end of the season I doubt anyone will want him.

The sheer lack of amibition shown by Walter by making these signings is alarming to say the least !!

agree with you completly PB these signings are so mediocre and unambitious and I cannot for the life of me see how they are improvements Boyd Darch and Novo are better than Miller n Velicka

For me we have a great backbone of McGregor (if he stays), Carlos, Ferguson and Boyd.

Now we need to build the team around these players.

Cosity needs to sway Walter for 2 up top with either Nach (or if i dare say it Miller)

Build round these stars with quality not pish

:rangers:

There's no logic in criticising a man for things he hasn't done and hasn't even said he'd do, especially when you know less about the subject matter than he does.

I love Walter and i am glad he came home.

The only critism the majority of people have is his dealings in the transfer market so far!

It lacks ambition for a team that reached the final of everything they played in last season!

There's no logic in criticising a man for things he hasn't done and hasn't even said he'd do, especially when you know less about the subject matter than he does.

He hasn't signed Miller? He isn't about to sign Velicka?

I'm confused because I'm pretty sure I saw Miller in a Gers top being paraded at Murray Park, or am I wrong?

The only critism the majority of people have is his dealings in the transfer market so far!

It lacks ambition for a team that reached the final of everything they played in last season!

Exactly. One deal!

I'm confused because I'm pretty sure I saw Miller in a Gers top being paraded at Murray Park, or am I wrong?

Yes Miller was signed which is an unexciting but efficient signing. He will work his ass off, unlikely lazy Boyd. Velicka will be a great signing, strong, fast, good in the are and fairly prolific in scoring with a rate of 1 in 2.

we are crying out for a top notch number 10, a real tin opener. we have been screaming out for one all of last season. we have nobody that can produce that bit of magic, slice the defence open with a killer pass, and still wattie looks to be signing work horses. been watching hakan yakin, he's the type we need. also someone who can get to the bye line and fire some decent crosses in. we have been relying on the likes of big broadfoot to get the ball into the box for the strikers, what chance to we have. give me some names who you reckon would be our ideal number 10. fergie been playing that roll, but doesnt get on the ball enough, runs about too much with out touching the ball

]

Exactly. One deal!

What about Cousin, McCulloch, Webster, Broadfoot, Gow and to an extent Whittaker etc. not to mention selling players such as Buffel and Sionko despite the fact they could have easily walked into our first 11. These are all deals done by Walter so no its not just about the signing of Miller.

When will some people on this form remove their tinted glasses and realise that Walter is not the mesiah that you lot think he is? Look at the reasons as to why Walter was sacked by Everton and they are the very same reasons that has resulted in alot of fans (including myself) losing all faith and trust in Smith.

Exactly. One deal!

What about Cousin, McCulloch, Webster, Broadfoot, Gow and to an extent Whittaker etc. not to mention selling players such as Buffel and Sionko despite the fact they could have easily walked into our first 11. These are all deals done by Walter so no its not just about the signing of Miller.

When will some people on this form remove their tinted glasses and realise that Walter is not the mesiah that you lot think he is? Look at the reasons as to why Walter was sacked by Everton and they are the very same reasons that has resulted in alot of fans (including myself) losing all faith and trust in Smith.

I totaly agree mate

Like i said earlier i am a fan of Walter but he is far too negative

Look at the Uefa cup final. We set out to play a 0-0 with one man up front.

When we attacked them we looked good but we had such a defensive line up we had no chance.

This happened the majority of last season. This is where the critism lies!

Yes Miller was signed which is an unexciting but efficient signing. He will work his ass off, unlikely lazy Boyd. Velicka will be a great signing, strong, fast, good in the are and fairly prolific in scoring with a rate of 1 in 2.

The "lazy Boyd" as you called him had a rate of 1 goal every 88 minutes last season and your quite willing for Smith to replace him with Miller (1 goal in 5 probably) and Velicka with his 1 goal in 2?

In my opinion Smith is building a team of average SPL ability (i dont include arsehole Mhisser in that statement) to try and get the title back because he knows his arse is out the door if he fails if he was interested in the CL he wouldnt get by on this dross hes buying.

If Smith had substantial funds I'm certain his approach would be different - this is the man who brought the likes of Laudrup after all.

Why would Smith want Rangers to have a mediocre team - the man is Rangers through and through. :rangers:

Exactly. One deal!

All those players have contributed as well as having poor periods. Gow was cover and Webster was injured. Broadfoot actully did much better than those spectators who comprehend little about the game suggest. Cousin was good in the main too. McCulloch started the season well, but didn't contribute much after his red card at Pittodrie and injury.

Walter actually saved Everton from relegation at a time when the board was selling the squad from under him. Never rated Sionko and Euro 2008 proves me right. Buffel is the one area I'd agree with you, but I believe that Walter was unhappy with him for getting an operation in Jan 2007 when we needed players.

If Smith had substantial funds I'm certain his approach would be different - this is the man who brought the likes of Laudrup after all.

Why would Smith want Rangers to have a mediocre team - the man is Rangers through and through. :rangers:

Your not honestly trying to tell us that you think (even if Walter has a small budget) that players like Velicka and Miller are the best we can get ? I'm sorry but I can't go along with that !!

The "lazy Boyd" as you called him had a rate of 1 goal every 88 minutes last season and your quite willing for Smith to replace him with Miller (1 goal in 5 probably) and Velicka with his 1 goal in 2?

Boyd needs the ball in the box and does little to assist the team in getting it there. He can only play when everyone is working for him.

Walter calls him lazy too and he is right.

Your not honestly trying to tell us that you think (even if Walter has a small budget) that players like Velicka and Miller are the best we can get ? I'm sorry but I can't go along with that !!

Would you not be happier supporting Celtic and joining Opus Dei so you can flagellate yourself?

Exactly. One deal!

All those players have contributed as well as having poor periods. Gow was cover and Webster was injured. Broadfoot actully did much better than those spectators who comprehend little about the game suggest. Cousin was good in the main too. McCulloch started the season well, but didn't contribute much after his red card at Pittodrie and injury.

Walter actually saved Everton from relegation at a time when the board was selling the squad from under him. Never rated Sionko and Euro 2008 proves me right. Buffel is the one area I'd agree with you, but I believe that Walter was unhappy with him for getting an operation in Jan 2007 when we needed players.

"Never rated Sionko and Euro 2008 proves me right."

Have you even watched the tournament? the guy has been class and Walter wouldnt even speak to him let alone give the guy a chance to prove his worth. Its this kind of stubourness that cost us the title last year when he continually ignored players such as Boyd, Buffel and Gow despite the fact we fielded player that were walking wounded or fatigued.

Yes all of the players you have mentioned contributed to our season but can you honestly say they are first team quality (week in week out)? Can you say that anyone of them have been a success ?