Riise, Why not?

John Arne Riise is possibly set to leave Liverpool and has said he's like to play for a club that he can improve with. Why not sign with Rangers.

The rough and tumble spl can still provide players with a challenge, also add to that the possibility of champions league football we have a good chance of offering a player like him a chance to improve his game. Our profile has increased world wide during our last campaign (dont let others tell you different) allowing us the chance to sell our club to players who may not have been interested before.

Walter Smith has a good record of signing top quality players for Rangers and not always by breaking the bank. So what makes Riise out of our reach. Because they say so (dhims), the mejaa say so? Or we really dont believe in Walter and Ally.

I know times have changed and the money is not available, but just for once couldn't the Minted one dig deep for one or two top name players just to help carry on from last season?

I'm sure most would welcome at least one major signing to counter balance the lesser signings of Misser, Lafferty and Vilickscalllaleallelal (or whatever his name is) and put us in a better more positive frame of mind. I know one player doesn't make a team but he sure can help improve its chances of success...(Mr Brian Laudrup or Gazza) for example.

Why not?

He'd cost £5m+

He'd demand about £30,000 p/w on wages.

I could go on...

Fair enough if you are to spend that on a top, top quality player. A match-winner. An entertainer. But not a left back.

Why not?

He'd cost £5m+

He'd demand about £30,000 p/w on wages.

I could go on...

Fair enough if you are to spend that on a top, top quality player. A match-winner. An entertainer. But not a left back.

couldnt agree more.

Riise's payslip leaked onto the net a few months ago, he's on about 30k a week + bonuses.

No chance he'll take a paycut enough to be worth us going for him. If he leaves Liverpool he'll probably stay in the premiership on similar wages, Newcastle or West Ham or something.

Nah hes to much on the wage budget.

But thats the point Im trying to make, we could for once try and tempt a player of his quality to Ibrox, once we get rid of a few players and maybe, just maybe bring in some of the younger players like furman and fleck as they won't be on high wages. Therefore freeing up much needed cash.

Anyway McCulloch or Riise on the left of midfield? I know who I'd prefer. (Risse can easily play on Left Mid)

He's apparently going to be joining Roma for £5 million, now I can't quite remember his age, but I'm sure he is getting on a bit and paying £5 million in those circumstances with his wage demands to me is just too much.

He's only 27. I think, at least thats what I read so it must be true. Agree? Wasn't the Reptile so it could be true. Checked it out he was born sept 24th 1980 so that makes him..................urmm 27

Riise's payslip leaked onto the net a few months ago, he's on about 30k a week + bonuses.

No chance he'll take a paycut enough to be worth us going for him. If he leaves Liverpool he'll probably stay in the premiership on similar wages, Newcastle or West Ham or something.

I had a copy and that wageslip was from a good few years ago (think maybe 2001/2 ish) so no doubt they would have increased since then also.

I remeber seeing that. He was paying his student loan back at £90 a month or something similar to that lol.

Too expensive for us and not really what we need. If we were to invest that kind of money it would have to be on a midfielder and not a LB

Nah hes to much on the wage budget.

But thats the point Im trying to make, we could for once try and tempt a player of his quality to Ibrox, once we get rid of a few players and maybe, just maybe bring in some of the younger players like furman and fleck as they won't be on high wages. Therefore freeing up much needed cash.

Anyway McCulloch or Riise on the left of midfield? I know who I'd prefer. (Risse can easily play on Left Mid)

Id rather put DMB on the left than either