I miss a Souness type in the midfield so a dae ?

Think Thomson is as close as we have now, sadly that type of play and player is not really approved of in this modern cissy game we have. Even Thommos tackles are classed as stupid, rather than a statement of intent, still, i like it when one of the ladds gets stuck in

• 2 weeks later...
if we had a souness type player , we would have taken the points required against celtic to win the league

can you imagine hartley and robson kicking souness - in their dreams

In some ways I agree with that but we have to remember we did the same in the first 2 OF games of the season.

I think we just lacked belief and a loss of our competitive edge was just one symptom of that.

if we had a souness type player , we would have taken the points required against celtic to win the league

In some ways I agree with that but we have to remember we did the same in the first 2 OF games of the season.

I think we just lacked belief and a loss of our competitive edge was just one symptom of that.

i was referring to the last 2 old firm games , hartley and robson were steaming into tackles , our players were not , i just feel if we had someone in our team like souness , tackling and driving us on , we would have got the results needed in those 2 games

jbm:

Yes, I know you were referring to those games. I was just saying we won the first 2 games because we won the physical battles in those games (via Thomson, Ferguson, Cousin et al all being well up for it).

As such we did (and do) have the players capable of playing 'dirty' but for whatever reason we lacked bite latterly.

So, sure we could do with another such player or two, but generally I think Thomson will be the player to provide that aggression (and he missed the last 2 OF games).

We can also factor in that the officials were very lenient in those games as well... :)

jbm:

Yes, I know you were referring to those games. I was just saying we won the first 2 games because we won the physical battles in those games (via Thomson, Ferguson, Cousin et al all being well up for it).

As such we did (and do) have the players capable of playing 'dirty' but for whatever reason we lacked bite latterly.

So, sure we could do with another such player or two, but generally I think Thomson will be the player to provide that aggression (and he missed the last 2 OF games).

We can also factor in that the officials were very lenient in those games as well... :)

i agree , thomson was missed in those games

i was referring to the last 2 old firm games , hartley and robson were steaming into tackles , our players were not , i just feel if we had someone in our team like souness , tackling and driving us on , we would have got the results needed in those 2 games

Our players weren't allowed to. Vennegoor alone evaded 2 red cards, one for a throat high karate kick on Faye.

Our players weren't allowed to. Vennegoor alone evaded 2 red cards, one for a throat high karate kick on Faye.

i agree on JVH , he hould never have been on the park to score the winner , we still lacked their passion to win the last 2 old firm games , IMO

I still think id like to see another midfeild player who can get stuck right in. Next season, as much as i dislike saying this, I expect Brown to start coming good for the tims and hes pretty aggressive. Thats why i think its pretty important not only to get someone creative in, but also a workhorse who can put the boot in. In fact, the mor I think about it. our midfeild is pretty dreadfull, no balance whatsoever

I was talking about this with me auld boy in the pub today and he said the same.

Who do we have in the Centre of Midfield to make the oppositions star players know that they are in for a thumping if they think they can succeed against the teddy bears, We dont have the likes of Souness, McCalls, Ian Ferguson's and fuck even Alex Rae in our Midfield any more to bully and harass other teams.

I was talking about this with me auld boy in the pub today and he said the same.

Who do we have in the Centre of Midfield to make the oppositions star players know that they are in for a thumping if they think they can succeed against the teddy bears, We dont have the likes of Souness, McCalls, Ian Ferguson's and fuck even Alex Rae in our Midfield any more to bully and harass other teams.

Absolutely naebody mate and we didnae even hiv it wae Fergie, naebody to put that tackle in that said this game is ours fcukwits ! Wee need a bully and we need him in jigtime ! :sherlock: