Statement From RST Resigned Board Members

Frankie

Im in the RST as I stand, at least for now. Im only a recent member and I liked what I saw and read. Its a huge disappointment that things went wrong, however, one thing I do believe is that the staff had the best interests of the supporter/fan at heart.

Im not clever enough to know about these things, but in the long run maybe out of adversity can come triumph ?

Don't do yourself an injustice, Coops - of course you are clever enough.

No-one is/was a bigger supporter of the RST than myself. Unfortunately, that belief was completely eroded by the recent events and behaviour detailed above.

IMHO, I see no way how the RST can recover from the issues contained in the statement. I may well be wrong but I certainly don't have the faith in the remaining board to act in our best interests.

Well Frankie, Im hoping that out of this experience something may come good. The work involved, I can only imagine. We are all Rangers men and women (to be pc !!) and we all want the best for us all.

Lets hope we can progress :rangers:

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We believe the committee was specifically conceived with the RST’s meetings with the club in mind. This was symptomatic of a direct lack of trust in Malcolm McNiven and Scott McMillan who participated in these meetings, and whose resignations thereafter were inevitable.

This is a bit ambiguous - is this the club who has no faith in the reps, or those behind the coup?

Those behind the coup.

Im in the RST as I stand, at least for now. Im only a recent member and I liked what I saw and read. Its a huge disappointment that things went wrong, however, one thing I do believe is that the staff had the best interests of the supporter/fan at heart.

Im not clever enough to know about these things, but in the long run maybe out of adversity can come triumph ?

Don't do yourself an injustice, Coops - of course you are clever enough.

No-one is/was a bigger supporter of the RST than myself. Unfortunately, that belief was completely eroded by the recent events and behaviour detailed above.

IMHO, I see no way how the RST can recover from the issues contained in the statement. I may well be wrong but I certainly don't have the faith in the remaining board to act in our best interests.

Well Frankie, Im hoping that out of this experience something may come good. The work involved, I can only imagine. We are all Rangers men and women (to be pc !!) and we all want the best for us all.

Lets hope we can progress :rangers:

Outlook is bleak.

Perhaps the RST can evolve from this, if they continue to fight mhedia imbalance then I may remain a member.

As far as the Murray issue goes, he has won. We will continue to accept his downsizing of our great club.

I share your belief Coop that I'm not intelligent enough to represent the fans as the RST has done. But recent events prove that even those who pocess the atributes to make change happen can't work together.

Guest Andypendek
We believe the committee was specifically conceived with the RST’s meetings with the club in mind. This was symptomatic of a direct lack of trust in Malcolm McNiven and Scott McMillan who participated in these meetings, and whose resignations thereafter were inevitable.

This is a bit ambiguous - is this the club who has no faith in the reps, or those behind the coup?

Those behind the coup.

Thank you.

It's sad. The RST were making real progress but it seems to have been hijacked by those out to further their own ambitions. Why certain people were ever allowed to get involved with it is a mystery to me.

Hopefully those who resigned can still represent the majority of the Rangers support in the same constructive and energetic manner.

Jimenez I see its your sticky thats on FF and at the time of this reply your thread was locked.

Why was your thread locked? I assume you asked them to sticky it, so its fair to assume they gave you a valid reason why they were locking it?

You'd have thought there would have been plenty of interest about the statement, in fact its totally bizarre there are no actual discussion threads on FF!!!!

Another example of the people who run that site and ultimatley the RST.

Frankie you guys must be pulling your hair out knowing that all the good work that you've put in over the years is now in the wasteful hands of a few self proclaimed leaders.

It is truly sad the way this has unfolded.

There was an element of excitement, a buzz of optimism, bourne out of the trust and its ventures. To see that wiped away so easily is hard to take. :(

Frankie, do you intend to stay a member and how much of a change in direction do you see the trust taking?

If so many were against the "militant direction" then why did they not stay and do something against it rather than resigning?

In looking at it in a political sense, while they were not at a meeting, a motion was passed to lock them out of being able to have any type of control over the important aspects of the RST. At least that is how I found it.

...in a political sense...

It seems to me that it all came down to POWER for individuals at the end of the day in this situation. As a political scientist, I often am able to make a better case when I have met the people involved but I will go it without this time.

The RST is/was created as an avenue for the supporters of Rangers to band together in making the club a better entity. This would be accomplished through the leadership and guidance of those in control of the Trust. The problem with organizations such as this is, as soon as non-encompassing views and individuals looking for personal results creep in, you often lose the purpose of the original creation.

Again, I have never met those involved, and rarely like to put words on such important issues without a little more data, BUT, since it hasn't been offered yet, here is a short statement to how I think things stand.

The RST was moving forward in a way that was beneficial to the fanbase as a whole over the past few years. This was good for everyone involved. The final move shown here would indicate that since a certain faction was not the focal point, and their thoughts not fully represented despite this movement forward, they would rather knock the peg back as long as it completely encompasses what they invision.

To me it is fairly basic - one group within the RST wanted control and their spokesperson/leader to be on the RFC Board - I suspect that to be a Mr. Dingwall and his group.

Am I right in thinking this? If anyone has more knowledge they can certainly correct me.

To me it is fairly basic - one group within the RST wanted control and their spokesperson/leader to be on the RFC Board - I suspect that to be a Mr. Dingwall and his group.

Am I right in thinking this? If anyone has more knowledge they can certainly correct me.

Dingwall has more chance of taking a place on the Rangers board than I do of developing wings and being the first man to fly to Jupiter.

But, only just.

Outlook is bleak.

Perhaps the RST can evolve from this, if they continue to fight mhedia imbalance then I may remain a member.

As far as the Murray issue goes, he has won. We will continue to accept his downsizing of our great club.

I share your belief Coop that I'm not intelligent enough to represent the fans as the RST has done. But recent events prove that even those who pocess the atributes to make change happen can't work together.

What a crock of shit RST self implodes and Murray and the media is somehow to blame.

Will be interesting to see if the Board members who resigned now resign from the Trust. I would see a quite a few more members going with them if it were to happen.

I wonder what the 'militant' action is going to be? If its Murray Out protests the Trust are finished.

Personally I felt the Trust were to early in trying to obtain a seat on the Board. Would have been much better to grow the organisation first.

Will be interesting to see if the Board members who resigned now resign from the Trust. I would see a quite a few more members going with them if it were to happen.

I wonder what the 'militant' action is going to be? If its Murray Out protests the Trust are finished.

Personally I felt the Trust were to early in trying to obtain a seat on the Board. Would have been much better to grow the organisation first.

That's what I'm curious about. Anyone got any idea?

couldn't make the meeting today due to work commitments , however I hope the question is asked , how the hell did a minority of 8 ruin the trust , this may seem a bit dramatic however that is what has happened . The members who voted to set up this ridiculous committee have undermind everything which had been achieved to date , also can we get the names of these arseholes who seem on a power trip

I just feel sorry for the members that have paid up in good faith, only to be left disappointed. On FollowFollow, the recruitment strategy was far too aggressive in my view from certain quarters. 'The RST is fantastic, fact, and if you have not signed up......why the f*ck not ?' I think there was a strategy, from some individuals, to make fans feel almost inadequate and not real fans if they hadn't signed up.

This aggressive nature, the militant tactics and the simple fact that Dingwall had a role to play was always going to send out warning signals to many. It's just a shame that debate 'on-line' was often heavily pro-Trust and those that brought criticisms and potentially negative queries to the table were often shouted down and painted as being troublemakers, stirrers and failing to have the club at heart.

Now it's all turning to shit and fan money has been ploughed in and lost to an organisation that had the potential to do a lot of good, but was always doomed to failure in my view because of a few, unfortunately influential, rotten apples.

Frankie, can I ask if you and the other members who have resigned have any ambition to get back involved in supporters groups?

It seems to me that one of the biggest losses from all of this would be if the expertise and proven track record of you and your fellow former board members were to be lost to the wider Rangers support?

I'm not advocating an immediate return to the RST or a newly formed group but only hoping your passion and ability are not lost.

It's premature to say the RST is "fucked" or to imply that it's now dead.

Things have changed, some people think for the better, some don't. We'll see over time if it is beneficial but it is too early to make assumptions about the direction it will take or the people in charge.

Looks to me like a lot of work by some talented and decent people is going to be thrown away by this 'militant' group. It may seem a bit harsh but to be honest I'm a bit disappointed that the six didn't stay and fight, but that's easy for me to say. I'm sure they've done what they think is best.

As for there being no discussion on FF, no surprise there. I hope a lot more Bears stop supporting that site.

Looks to me like a lot of work by some talented and decent people is going to be thrown away by this 'militant' group.

The good work hasn't been thrown away if it has made the RST stronger as a result.

What a crock of shit RST self implodes and Murray and the media is somehow to blame.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Where did I imply that?