Best Goal Of The Season?

AlBear.

In terms if technique I think it was the goal of the season (so far)....cracking bit of skill that could have graced any game at any level. Little didn't have the best of games but that goal alone proves that he is our most effective centre forward at the moment...one half chance - one goal.

I find it hard to feel sorry for perry because both times it's happened now it could have so easily been avoided. Today he misjudged a ball, dived in and then instead of getting back in behind to cover hegarty he jumped head first into his team mate and nearly cost a goal. Some could call it bravery....I call it stupidly and lack of game awareness. Big improvements required from him if he is to have a future with us.

Cracking goal, not an easy technique especially on the weaker foot.

The best way I can describe is it was a thunder bolt. Just seemed to crack off his foot perfectly. You're right about the technique, that goal belonged at a much higher level.

I find it hard to feel sorry for perry because both times it's happened now it could have so easily been avoided. Today he misjudged a ball, dived in and then instead of getting back in behind to cover hegarty he jumped head first into his team mate and nearly cost a goal. Some could call it bravery....I call it stupidly and lack of game awareness. Big improvements required from him if he is to have a future with us.

You find it hard to feel sorry for a Rangers player giving his all with no concern for his own safety? :rolleyes:

Give the boy a break. He puts his body on the line for Rangers and deserves a wee bit of respect for that.

You find it hard to feel sorry for a Rangers player giving his all with no concern for his own safety? :rolleyes:

Watch the replay. Hegarty was goal side and Perry had got himself the wrong side (poor) with the attacker in between. With no regard he stuck his head in to try and make amends for being out of position catching the attacker, and Hegarty got caught in it.

Give the boy a break. He puts his body on the line for Rangers and deserves a wee bit of respect for that.

I've watched the replay and your analysis is correct but him putting his head in was stupidity that could have injured not only himself but the attacker and hegarty and could have led to a goal.

An intelligent player would notice hegarty was goal side and then tuck in behind him to cover. Earlier in the season an excuse given fir his performances was the difficulty in communicating with cribari....there shoukd be no such problem with hegarty.

Sometimes people assume someone diving in to challenges or throwing his head in is bravery or commitment but alot of the time it is to make up for mistakes.

I've watched the replay and your analysis is correct but him putting his head in was stupidity that could have injured not only himself but the attacker and hegarty and could have led to a goal.

An intelligent player would notice hegarty was goal side and then tuck in behind him to cover. Earlier in the season an excuse given fir his performances was the difficulty in communicating with cribari....there shoukd be no such problem with hegarty.

Sometimes people assume someone diving in to challenges or throwing his head in is bravery or commitment but alot of the time it is to make up for mistakes.

I'm not saying the boy is amazing. I'm not saying he's the finished article, at 23 he is still young for a CB and he has time to learn and improve. What I'm saying is despite his faults he gives his all for the team and isn't afraid to have his face rearranged for the cause. I find that an admirable quality in a CB, especially in this day and age, and the least he deserves is the fans showing him respect for that.

I'm not saying the boy is amazing. I'm not saying he's the finished article, at 23 he is still young for a CB and he has time to learn and improve. What I'm saying is despite his faults he gives his all for the team and isn't afraid to have his face rearranged for the cause. I find that an admirable quality in a CB, especially in this day and age, and the least he deserves is the fans showing him respect for that.

I do know where you are coming from al but he has an awful long way to go to be a player. He is lacking in so many fundamental areas and ultimately as you move up in class you can't afford to dive in like he does. I hope he isn't seriously hurt but to be honest I thought we looked slightly more solid when faure came on to replace him.

Just watched it again on the highlights. Little's movement was brilliant, just held back a couple yards instead of hitting the front post, and the volley really was exceptional considering how fast Wallace whipped the cross in.

Easily goal of the season, although I said that about a couple of the goals last week. Hopefully this quality of finishing continues.

The best way I can describe is it was a thunder bolt. Just seemed to crack off his foot perfectly. You're right about the technique, that goal belonged at a much higher level.

There was a great angle from behind the goal which showed how neatly he managed to curl it in at the post!

Belting finish!