Caracciolo

Rumours abound in Italy today that this guy is on his way to Ibrox.

I have to say I dont usually do this, well post in this section unless Ive heard it personally myself, but aparently hes on his way to Glasgow right now.

Sfida aperta con Glasgow Rangers e Brescia per Caracciolo. I Napoli vuole la ciliegina Esposito. Duello con il Monaco per Pazienza. Calaiò verso il Genoa, che cede Coppola

http://it.eurosport.yahoo.com/31012008/44/...laio-mic-3.html

Heres the link ?? Lets hope

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Stats for the guy from Wikipedia:

Andrea Caracciolo (born September 18, 1981 in Milan), is an Italian footballer who plays the role of striker for Serie A team Sampdoria.

His first football appearances were for Sancolombano of Italian Serie D (amateur league); later playing for Como and Pro Vercelli, both in professional leagues, before being signed by Brescia, the team in which he made his Serie A debut on 6 January 2002, against Bologna.

During the 2002-2003 Serie A season he played for Perugia, before returning to Brescia, scoring 12 goals at the end of the 2003-2004 season.

In November 2004, he made his debut for the Italian national team in a friendly match against Finland.

He later signed with US Palermo during the summer of 2005. In 2005-2006, Caracciolo played 35 times, scoring 9 goals.

He was recalled by new coach Roberto Donadoni, friendly against Croatia, 16 August 2006, replacing Lucarelli in 65th minute.

He also played for the Italy U-21 team, with whom he won a European U-21 Championship in 2004.

In the 2006-2007 season, Caracciolo scored only 5 goals in 27 matches, and on June 2007 was sold to Sampdoria in a co-ownership bid.[1]

I dont usually post in this section so Im not sure what to show when posting. My mates over here think he'll be perfect for Rangers, BTW they are never wrong and are Rangers fans. If he was shit, they'd say so. I've never seen him or heard of him but he's an Italian international forward, FFS, canny be that bad.

:rangers:

Good result last night eh ?

We discussed him in some depth when we were linked with him in the summer - and to be fair all our opinions of him were positive, so lets hope so...

tho Im really sceptical of the Italian Press...on a par with our own.

Caracciolo To Leave Sampdoria, Confirms Marotta Sampdoria general director Giuseppe Marotta confirmed that striker Andrea Caracciolo will leave the club due to lack of playing time, with Brescia and Torino hoping to sign him before the window closes...

Caracciolo To Leave Sampdoria, Confirms Marotta

zoom - galleria

Marotta spoke during half-time at the Roma-Sampdoria match about the possibility of Caracciolo being sold to another club in the coming hours.

"He did not find too much space here with us, so we shall satisfy his request," confirmed the Blucerchiati's general director.

"We shall find a solution which goes down well with him, us, and Palermo, who are his co-owners," he continued.

"Brescia and Torino currently have an equal chance of signing him, but we shall see in the next couple of days."

The 'Airone' has played twelve times this season with Sampdoria, scoring just one goal for his team.

Since leaving Brescia, Caracciolo has never impressed to the same level as he once did, as even in the past seasons with Palermo he failed to prove his worth.

DIRETTA Segui assieme al Corriere dello Sport-Stadio le ultime ore di calciomercato. Tutti gli affari e le trattative in corso raccontate in tempo reale.

Incontro nel pomeriggio Marino-Pradè per definire il passaggio del laterale giallorosso a Napoli. Torino: presi Diana e Pisano, resta Comotto. Reggina: Costa dal Bologna. 'Per l'Airone' ipotesi Rangers. Fiorentina tiene Pazienza.

Corriere dello sport reports Per l'Airone ipotesi Rangers, which means,

'The Heron' eventually to Rangers. Nickname !!

LINK;

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/Notizie/C...o+in+Scozia%3F+

Rangers Make Last-Gasp Bid For Carraciolo

Glasgow Rangers have made a last minute bid to sign Sampdoria forward Andrea Caracciolo, according to Tuttosport.

The 26-year-old only joined the Blucerchiati from Palermo last summer in a co-ownership deal, however he has featured sparingly this season and has scored just once in Serie A.

The striker is desperate to leave the club, and he has been given the chance of regular first-team football by Walter Smith’s Glasgow Rangers.

The Scottish league-leaders sent a fax to Sampdoria late afternoon yesterday proposing €10m for the whole contract of Caracciolo.

The Milan-born marksman has been guaranteed a four-year contract, worth approximately €2m a season.

Representatives of Rangers are expected to arrive in Italy this morning to try and seal the deal before the end of the transfer window tonight.

Whispers in the peninsula suggest that Caracciolo would prefer to stay in Italy, rather than move abroad, and this could let in Torino to buy one-half of the player’s contract.

The Granata have been badly lacking goals this season, and failed in an attempt to sign Rolando Bianchi last week.

Anthony Sormani

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=568368

Hes also looking to return to Brescia:

So theres us, who can buy out his whole contract from two teams, or he can go to Torino or return to Brescia, but of the later two he is still co owned by two teams. I dont think he wants to be co owned anymore and wants to settle down.

Aye, if he doesn't come to us then at least he might go to Brescia and hopefully get them back to Seria A.

So theres us, who can buy out his whole contract from two teams, or he can go to Torino or return to Brescia, but of the later two he is still co owned by two teams. I dont think he wants to be co owned anymore and wants to settle down.

Aye, if he doesn't come to us then at least he might go to Brescia and hopefully get them back to Seria A.

I would hope he would rather come here and win trophies and be involved in the CL, but time will tell.

I would hope he would rather come here and win trophies and be involved in the CL, but time will tell.

You would hope so.

I think that that would appeal to him. Its just if the lad has any ambition. Negri, Gatusso, Porinni, etc and of course theres that italian guy at the Mhanks, (Donati) all these things maybe point to a yes.

we can get far better players than that, like michael bradley in the dutch league, 11 goals in the league and about 15 in total from midfield. or get a striker like koevermans for 6 million. or a much better serie a striker who has an average of 10-15 goals a season, could easy bag 15-25 in the spl