What does the future hold for Rangers F.C?

MarkovOrange

Now that all the just has settled from the not so hectic transfer window, what does the future hold for rangers?.

If we are to believe what we read in the newspapers it would have seemed that we HAD to sell one of our prize assest to keep the club affloat, if this is the case, and we havnt sold anyone, then what does the future hold in store for us. God forbid we dont win the league this year but if we dont then is the club in financial crisis. Sir David Murray said after the january transfer window that Mr Smith would have money to spend in the summer. So i ask myself, what about the monet we NEEDED to balance the books?. We didnt get any big wages off the books and we sold nobody of real significance so surely the books will have to be balanced at some point. Does this mean we are already down in the summer spending spree without the window even opened? I'm reading reports today of several celtic targets around the 5 million mark. Do you think we'll sign anyone for that kind of money. lololololol dream on

most of the things we read in the paper or seen on the news was coming from either players, mr murray or mr smith directly, everyone knew what the score was but it just seems as if its been swept under the carpet a little since then. Is this because we are back on top that it doesnt matter anymore, was Murray planning the sale because he feared the league was over (as we were 7 points behind at christmas) and therefore we would be in greater difficulties, basically all im asking is does this now mean nobody has to be sold or can we balance the books at the end of the season after we recieve sponsors money, season ticket money etc, i just wonder why we were sooo desparate to offload somebody but now everything seems rosie.

No Surrender, Mark

Now that all the just has settled from the not so hectic transfer window, what does the future hold for rangers?.

If we are to believe what we read in the newspapers it would have seemed that we HAD to sell one of our prize assest to keep the club affloat, if this is the case, and we havnt sold anyone, then what does the future hold in store for us. God forbid we dont win the league this year but if we dont then is the club in financial crisis. Sir David Murray said after the january transfer window that Mr Smith would have money to spend in the summer. So i ask myself, what about the monet we NEEDED to balance the books?. We didnt get any big wages off the books and we sold nobody of real significance so surely the books will have to be balanced at some point. Does this mean we are already down in the summer spending spree without the window even opened? I'm reading reports today of several celtic targets around the 5 million mark. Do you think we'll sign anyone for that kind of money. lololololol dream on

most of the things we read in the paper or seen on the news was coming from either players, mr murray or mr smith directly, everyone knew what the score was but it just seems as if its been swept under the carpet a little since then. Is this because we are back on top that it doesnt matter anymore, was Murray planning the sale because he feared the league was over (as we were 7 points behind at christmas) and therefore we would be in greater difficulties, basically all im asking is does this now mean nobody has to be sold or can we balance the books at the end of the season after we recieve sponsors money, season ticket money etc, i just wonder why we were sooo desparate to offload somebody but now everything seems rosie.

No Surrender, Mark

Tell you what all the bitter tims that predicted our demise look fecking daft now don't they..........

When we win the league this season it will help balance the books until a new owner comes in, don't worry

As for sellck been linked to 5 million players, i think you may find that all this rubbish in the press rrecently aboutt hem, reserves joing the sfl etc came form a dinner date that the traynors, speirs and keevins of this world had with Lawell and Reid last week where they "entertained " them all at the piggery

No Surrender, Mark

Tell you what all the bitter tims that predicted our demise look fecking daft now don't they..........

When we win the league this season it will help balance the books until a new owner comes in, don't worry

As for sellck been linked to 5 million players, i think you may find that all this rubbish in the press rrecently aboutt hem, reserves joing the sfl etc came form a dinner date that the traynors, speirs and keevins of this world had with Lawell and Reid last week where they "entertained " them all at the piggery

This produces nothing but horrible images in my head :anguish:

When we win the league we have an automatic spot in the CL, on top of that there will be some players who don't have a future with us automatically of the wage bill, and hopefully be able to sell one or two others that don't seem to have a future.

There will be more youngsters starting to make the break through so even though I don't think we will be fully solid financially I don't think it will be as bad as previously indicated.

By the way welcome to the site! (tu)

No Surrender, Mark

This produces nothing but horrible images in my head :anguish:

Is it like one of alan partrdriges nightmares.......

This is the day they were announcing their financial results yea? They're not even trying to make it discreet that they're trying to suck up to the media and keep that avenue firmly in their favour.

Got to hand it to Liewell though, he knows what strings to pull.

No Surrender, Mark

celtic aint going to sign shit.....nothing....zero...................

Just paper talk.

This is the day they were announcing their financial results yea? They're not even trying to make it discreet that they're trying to suck up to the media and keep that avenue firmly in their favour.

Got to hand it to Liewell though, he knows what strings to pull.

Yes the evening before i believe........ :rolleyes:

It's absolutely paramount we win the league for a number of reasons already pointed out on this website. The main reason must be for the cash. Celik were linked with over £30m of players during the transfer window but "nobody wanted their money". Pish! they didn't have the money but you better believe it they will spend in the summer.

The future is bright for us the future is our 1st title in 4 seasons and our youth be brought through into 1st team selection.

Now, time for another beer.

WATP

i agree with most of your points guys, celik are weak at the moment and are there for the taking, u must also say this season overall we have also been weak, but i do think we are hitting a good patch at the right time as the manky mob done to us, we WILL win the next old firm game!!!! i just hope we can perform to the levels we have the last couple of games and then its in the bag, but u know the finances are shite compared to them, ok they still have debt but its only 7 million( i have read the facts) and by the end of this season that debt will be cleared whereas we will still have at least 20 million debt. so at the start of next season surely they will be ouspending us big time to show they mean buisness

i agree with most of your points guys, celik are weak at the moment and are there for the taking, u must also say this season overall we have also been weak, but i do think we are hitting a good patch at the right time as the manky mob done to us, we WILL win the next old firm game!!!! i just hope we can perform to the levels we have the last couple of games and then its in the bag, but u know the finances are shite compared to them, ok they still have debt but its only 7 million( i have read the facts) and by the end of this season that debt will be cleared whereas we will still have at least 20 million debt. so at the start of next season surely they will be ouspending us big time to show they mean buisness

It's spelt copland by the way......... :pipe:

Guest therabbitt

It's spelt copland by the way......... :pipe:

Check out Bluedignity's post about him contacting the Rangers Historians about their book mate, apprently its not!

Was a local council mess up a long time ago or something....