*****Champions League 23/24 Thread*****

Just now, theblueoysterbar said:

Watching the Maccabi Haifa game. Pretty shite.

I've got a scarf of theirs my wee Israeli pal sent me somewhere. 

"Thanks, but are you fucking kidding here, it's green and white." 

I've switched between the matches and all the teams have looked Europa League standard, PSV are the strongest looking to me out of these qualifiers.

Not that I feel any sympathy for Hibs but its rather depressing for the state of Scottish football that the Hibs of England eg Aston Villa can just dismantle a Scottish side without breaking sweat.   I'm old enough to remember when our leagues were roughly comparable in terms of quality but the gulf in class is catastrophic these days, it was like men against boys last night.

6 minutes ago, miracle said:

Not that I feel any sympathy for Hibs but it’s rather depressing for the state of Scottish football that the Hibs of England eg Aston Villa can just dismantle a Scottish side without breaking sweat.   I'm old enough to remember when our leagues were roughly comparable in terms of quality but the gulf in class is catastrophic these days, it was like men against boys last night.

Think the last time a Scottish team gave an EPL side a good game was Hearts against Liverpool.

7 hours ago, RFC55 said:

He never really done well at anytime or impressed when he started, loved a goal v Motherwell 

The one game that stands out was a europa game away in Poland, he led the line brilliantly that night and scored a good goal in a 2-0 win....other than that he never really done well when he started