Empire total war!

trueblue1872

I posted about this game about 6 months ago that's how long I've been looking forward to it. Looking forward to playing around with this era, apparently they've really upgraded the diplomacy and also domestic policy so it has much more of an impact on your game. Reckon it will be cool to see if you can get your people to start a revolution against you or be the British Empire and stop the American colonies from becoming independent :D

The naval combat looks brilliant as well.

My only concern is if it will work on my laptop. As far as processing power, RAM and disk space goes I should be ok but the graphics card might struggle.

ITS FUCKING PISH!

And thats coming from a fanboy of the series.

Shogun, med 1, rome, alexander, barbarian invasion and med 2 were all shit hot.

This Empire TW is pish, demo is pish, takes 10 minutes to load, its bugged to fuck. And did i say it was pish?

Id say avoid or torrent it.

I've been bored of the TW series since Rome, and the demo of Empire was bugged to hell like kingbarry said.

I remember playing the Imperial Glory demo, but it's not so in depth, but it's always fun watching cannon balls obliterate people.

ITS FUCKING PISH!

This Empire TW is pish, demo is pish, takes 10 minutes to load, its bugged to fuck. And did i say it was pish?

So you never played the demo of Medieval 2 ?

That was crap as well with long loading times, that's why it's a DEMO.

ITS FUCKING PISH!

Demo = demonstration of the final product.

Yes i did, and it was much better than ETW.

Even then, MTW2, was pretty poor, i stopped playing due to the fact it didnt support dual core proccesors and also was bugged to fuck in Castle Battles.

I will probably still get it in, about 6 months, once all patches have been released.

The creators recommend an i7 setup, which will set you back over a grand. Fuck that.

Yes i did, and it was much better than ETW.

Even then, MTW2, was pretty poor, i stopped playing due to the fact it didnt support dual core proccesors and also was bugged to fuck in Castle Battles.

I will probably still get it in, about 6 months, once all patches have been released.

The creators recommend an i7 setup, which will set you back over a grand. Fuck that.

MTW2 supports dual core processors because my laptop has dual core and it works fine on it. Generally they recommend a decent computer so you can actually use thousands of troops but they usually run ok on slower compueters.

ITS FUCKING PISH!

:lol:

That's why they always say that it's not a representation of the final product, aye ?

ITS FUCKING PISH!

:lol: since when?

Anyways out today. Better pop down to the shops.

Despite what some of you say it's been getting fantastic reviews. 5 stars from GameSpy, 9.5/10 from IGN, 9/10 from Eurogamer and a few other 9/10's to boot. I'm just going to huy it and if it doesn't run on my laptop then the store has a 7 day return policy anyway.

Bought it, playing it atm.

Its absolutely brilliant imo, especially the new naval combat.

The only thing thats bad about it is the portrayal of the British Empire during the revolutionary campaign... :anguish:

Also, the demo and the game are slow to load because of the compacting of the game files, if it wasnt compact then it would be about 25-30gb instead of 15. Just let it load for a minute or two, though there is a fix to unpack it and make the loading faster which i can post (although it apparently requires a bit of computer knowledge).

The Kingdoms expansion in the last game just came with an unpacker. You just went into a specific folder double clicked it and a command prompt kind of box would come up and ask you if you wanted to unpack and you just pressed y and enter and you were done. It's sounding more and more like this thing isn't going to run on mine :(

You have to wonder how long they can continue making new pc games, i don't know anyone who buys them anymore and most people have given up trying to keep up with technical demands and have moved onto 360's / PS3's

My laptop is only a year old and cost me £500 at the time and I can't even run the demo for it!

PC gaming is way to ahead of itself. You need a very good, well built computer to run most games that come out these days.

Exactly. They should just start making these games for consoles as well. I'm in the same bout as Jigga. I only bought my laptop about 6 months ago. It's a dual core 2GB processer, 2GB of RAM and 128MB video card and it's already not good enough to run the latest games. The money you have to spend to have any sort of longevity for PC gaming is absolutely ridiculous. At least with a PS3 or Xbox you know for the next 5 years or so you'll be able to play the latest games on them and it's not like the graphics are that much better on PC anyway.

RTS on consoles just dont work though

Check out the thread on Stormrise. This whip camera thing could be the future of RTS's on consoles. If this one works out I can see a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon. I'm really hoping Blizzard see sense and release Starcraft II on Xbox and PS3 as well but I can't see it happening.

Why can't we just use the mouse like the ps1 days, rts games worked fine then and you have keyboard support as well so there is no excuse not to make them.

I reckon the actual sales would be higher as well as although the 360 suffers from piracy i don't think the PS3 does.

The PS1 was a good machine for people who liked their RTS's

RTS can work on a console if its made right, think of Command and Conquer for the PS1 amazing game although it was very basic. Now you now have Halo Wars a very similar type of game and it works very well.

As said above the first to bring out a keyboard and mouse for their console to get all the exclusives will become very very rich.